Politics Serious Diseases

Sophie

in love
In French the abbreviation for Sexually transmitted diseases is MST, is it the same in english ??

Anyway here is the topic when we can talk about AIDS, Cancer and other Serious Diseases.

I don't have any and I don't know anyone with a disease, i'm really lucky !

Don't get me started on my hatred of Cancer. My dad died from it a few weeks ago. I despise it. I loathe it. I want it to be cured. I want.....to know that if I get it, (as I have a pretty good chance of getting it), I want to know that I won't die from it. That it could be cured.

TephieD said:
Don't get me started on my hatred of Cancer. My dad died from it a few weeks ago. I despise it. I loathe it. I want it to be cured. I want.....to know that if I get it, (as I have a pretty good chance of getting it), I want to know that I won't die from it. That it could be cured.
Your dad? oh thats horrible! sorry to hear that.. :eek:
and yea i understand that you worry about your chance of getting it!

Again, I'm so sorry to hear that Tephie :(

My Dad, my late Grandpa, and Grandma have diabetes, and my mom used to have cancer. Two of my aunts also have breast cancer. :thinking:

cancer on all sides of the family, and genetic obsessive compulsive disorder, and genetic alcholism on both sides.

i have OCD but mild.
i don't drink, i don't plan on starting.
i hope i never have cancer.

also, my mom and i have this thing called Brachidactialy E (i cant even spell it lol) its where our hands are kind of weird looking but their not gross or anything, my nails are just wider than some peoples. not contagious, just genetic. one of the popular girls asked me "what's wrong with your hand" and i started crying (fake) and told her "i don't know it's contagious" and then i rubbed my hand all over her arm. it was soooooooo funny. lol everyone was laughing at her for the rest of the day. even other popular girls. :lol:

also, my mom and i have this thing called Brachidactialy E (i cant even spell it lol) its where our hands are kind of weird looking but their not gross or anything, my nails are just wider than some peoples. not contagious, just genetic. one of the popular girls asked me "what's wrong with your hand" and i started crying (fake) and told her "i don't know it's contagious" and then i rubbed my hand all over her arm. it was soooooooo funny. lol everyone was laughing at her for the rest of the day. even other popular girls.

:laughbounce: Nice!!

My grandfather died when I was 10 of various cancers. But that's because he was a chain smoker for many years and was an alcoholic.

i think that serious diseases are really sad things especially when you know you are going to die. My parents friend has some type of cancer and she knows she will die withint he next 2 years. I mean i couldnt live knowing that these years would be my last. That pain would be greater than any paint he disease could inflict....maybe that is not true but one of my greatest fears is that i will get cancer and now that i will die ina certain period of time...i kno that we keep coming up with medicines but i guess looking form an objective view i guess we need to disease or our planet would be overpopulated but it is sooo sad!

Back