Sex and the City

- Chapter 13

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving. Our first Thanksgiving. Sydney insisted that she would make me a Thanksgiving dinner to die for. Her words not mine. Somehow I believe her. She has been in the kitchen all night baking. We are having all her friends over, and Weiss. It should be fun. She is preparing the Turkey now. With the help of Francie of course. I am watching a Kings game, and admiring the girls in the kitchen. I like the feel of it. I also like the idea of watching football tomorrow with the guys, but having Sydney close is what I really look forward to. She looked so sexy in the kitchen, wearing a tank top and apron that says “Kiss the Cook.” She always looks so adorable when her hair is pulled back into a sexy pony tail. She was wearing glasses while reading a cookbook. I can only admire this view from a far for so long, I need to kiss that cook already, so I waltzed over to the kitchen, and did just that. I spun her around in my arms and placed a long sweet kiss right on her lips.

“What was that for?” she said grinning.

“Uh, I was just doing what your apron says to do. Is it getting old yet?” I asked.

“Well, since you have done it between every commercial, yeah, no..It’s not getting old. Keep em’ comin’. Now get out of this kitchen, I got work to do.” she said swatting my butt with a towel.

“Ok, ok..I’m going.” I said.

“You guys are so sweet.” Francie said.

“Thanks Francie.” I told her.

The next day. Sydney began to stir at the crack of dawn. She slept restlessly throughout the night. Which means, so did I. I pulled her close to me as she began to stir.

“Don’t go yet.” I whispered to her.

“Michael, I have to get going if I am going to get this dinner done in time.” she said.

“I know, but 10 minutes won’t matter that much, just, please, stay here, like this...with me.” I asked her.

“Mkay. 10 minutes. But I don’t want to just cuddle.” she said with a grin. She turned over, and began kissing me from behind my ear, and down my neck. She placed soft kisses over my heart.

“Hold that thought angel. I want to have fresh breath for this. C’mon let’s brush our teeth, and then continue this..let’s say...in the shower?” I asked.

“Mmmhmm...sounds great.” she said.

We both brushed our teeth, and then hopped in the shower together. After 45 minutes, we emerged and Sydney warned me that if dinner was ruined because of this little detour in her schedule, she would make me pay later. I chuckled, but then offered to help her in the kitchen to make up for time.

“Actually, I don’t need help. I have a very precise schedule, and I really can handle it, I just need to get going, besides I really like watching you watch sports. It feels so domestic.” she said.

“K baby, I am going to run out and get us some bagels and coffee, I mean a girl should never cook while hungry right?” i told her.

“Mmm..that sounds perfect.” she said, and then gave me a sweet kiss. “Thanks for the shower by they way. I can’t think of a better way to start the day.” she said.

“No problem pumpkin. Now get in that kitchen, you have a schedule to tend to.” I said in a mocking tone.

“Funny...real funny!!! Like I said, if my schedule is blown, you will pay. I will find many ways...to make you pay my dear. Now scoot.” she said.

With that, I ran to get the bagels and coffee and brought them back to her. We had pleasant conversation the rest of the day until the football games began. Everyone started coming over around 2pm. Sydney had set the dining table in elegant but festive linens, she lined the center of the table with fresh autumn colored flowers and candelbras with candles to light the dinner.

Harry, Will, Big, Steve, Smith, Weiss and I watched the Packers vs. The Vikings game, I personally am a huge Brett Favre fan. It was a really close game, and the green and gold claimed it!! The girls sat around the kitchen island all afternoon laughing and talking about their week. Around 6pm Sydney announced that dinner was ready. Everyone gathered around the table as Sydney lit the candles and placed the last of the food on the table. When she was done, she took her seat next to me, and asked if I could say a prayer. We may not all be religious, but it is the day of thanks, so I happily obliged. I stood up, bet kept Sydney’s hand entwined with my own, and began to say a short prayer.

“Dear God, we come before you today, to give thanks for all the blessings in our lives. I am personally greatful for so much. First off I want to give thanks for the wonderful woman who prepared this dinner for us. She is the greatest thing to happen in my life, and one of your greatest creations. I also want to thank you for the many wonderful friends I have met since being here, and the opportunities that I have had in coming here. I have learned so much recently about loving and appreciating what we are given. Every day we are given is a remarkable gift, and we are all thankful for that. Bless this meal, and gathering of friends and loved ones together. In your name we pray. Amen.” I said.

“You are going soft man.” Weiss said. Everyone burst into laughter, the girls wiping tears away as I sat in my seat. I glanced over at Sydney, and she was also wiping a tear.

“What?” I asked dumbfounded. “Did I miss something?” I asked.

“No baby, that was just a really beautiful prayer. Last year Big said, good bread good meat good god lets eat. You just touched everyone with your words. I love you so much.” she said squeezing my hand tightly and giving me a kiss on the cheek.

“Yeah, you big lug..that was sweet.” Charlotte said.

“Why thank you. My dad died when I was young, so I was raised with only a mother, she always made me say heartfelt prayers on Thanksgiving. I was never a believer in the recited prayer.” I responded.

“Hey man, you are making us look bad. I am going to have to come up with something good to top that next year.” Will said.

“Hey leave the guy alone. It was f***ing beautiful. Yeah that’s right, I am Samantha f***ing Jones and I thought it was beautiful.” she said defensively.

“What she means to say, Michael, is thanks..that was nice, but I am STAR-VING.. Let’s eat.” Carrie said.

“I totally agree. Let’s eat.” I said.

Dinner was enjoyable and pleasant, everyone was stuffed, and immediately started feeling the after turkey dinner sleepyness. Everyone left around 9ish.

Sydney and I decided to stay up late since we didn’t have to work tomorrow. We sat on the floor of my living room, her head in my lap, an empty bottle of Moscato D’Asti next to us, just talking about our childhood memories of Thanksgiving.

“You know, I think this is one of the best Thanksgivings I have ever had. I can’t believe how good that meal was Syd. You out did yourself. I just want you to know how much I appreciate all you did to make my first New York Thanksgiving special.” I told her seriously.

She was a bit tipsy, and it was adorable. She was giggly and slurring her words a bit when she spoke.

“Aww baby, you know I worked so hard on it, because I love you sooooooo much..Much too much.” she giggled, and then snorted a bit which sent her into uncontrollable laughter. I soon followed with the laughter, it is contagious afterall.

“Sydney, I love you too.” Nobody has ever made me feel this way. I feel so complete with you, and I never want us to be apart. I just want to be with you all the time.” I told her.

“Me too. I lub being with you too! So much.” she said with a grin. I began to stroke her cheek, and her smile faded and her face turned serious while she studied my face.

“Move in with me.” I said out of the blue.

She studied my face to see if I was serious, when she found that I was, she sat up, and turned to me, and looked deep into my eyes.

“Are you serious? Your serious.” she said never breaking our gaze.

“I have never been more serious. I want you to move in with me. I want to be with you, when I look to the future, all I see is you, I want you to be the first person I see when I wake up, and the last person I see when I go to sleep. You are here all the time anyways, and I love having you with me everyday. But, I mean, if you are not ready for that, then we can wait. I am not going anywhere.” I said looking down finally breaking our stare.

“Michael...no, it’s fine, I was just a little shocked, and I am a little drunk, I just had to make sure you were sure....Yes! I will move in with you.” she said as she swung her arms around my neck.

“I love you Sydney.” I told her seriously.

“I love you too.” she told me before bringing me into a searing kiss.

“Michael, take me to bed.” she whispered.

“As you wish.” I told her and carried her off to bed with a happy grin on my face.

TBC......

I hope this didn't suck. I am trying to write filler chapters..I got some stuff coming up!! Stay tuned peeps!! ^_^

That was great ... aww love Syd for wanting to make Michaels first Thanksgiving in New York sepical ... they are too damm cute ... finally he asked her to move in with him (took him long enough) ... love Michaels prayer ... thanks for the PM ... more soon please

OMG that was AWESOME!! Love Vaughn's little thanksgiving prayer thing... that was adorable... and ya she's moving in with him!!!

Haha, i have a Kiss the Cook apron, but Vaughn has never come into my kitchen and kissed me....

“You guys are so sweet.” Francie said.
Yes they are... you write them sooo well!!!!

“Hey leave the guy alone. It was f***ing beautiful. Yeah that’s right, I am Samantha f***ing Jones and I thought it was beautiful.” she said defensively.
OMG i can so see Samantha saying that.... LOVE IT :lol:

“Michael...no, it’s fine, I was just a little shocked, and I am a little drunk, I just had to make sure you were sure....Yes! I will move in with you.” she said as she swung her arms around my neck.
Wooooohoooo, yay, its only like across the corridor, but meh... its adorable!!

Love the chapter, really cant understand why more ppl arent reading! This is fantastic!! Thanks for the pm!! Update heaps ;) and frequently :lol:

This... Suck.. I don't think you're capable of making this suck. Loved it. They're moving in together.. YAY.

Great update.

Thanks for the PM

amazing update!!!!

“Uh, I was just doing what your apron says to do. Is it getting old yet?” I asked.

“Well, since you have done it between every commercial, yeah, no..It’s not getting old. Keep em’ comin’. Now get out of this kitchen, I got work to do.” she said swatting my butt with a towel.
love this part!

After 45 minutes, we emerged and Sydney warned me that if dinner was ruined because of this little detour in her schedule, she would make me pay later.
lol

Last year Big said, good bread good meat good god lets eat.
😆

:groupwave:

“Move in with me.” I said out of the blue.

She studied my face to see if I was serious, when she found that I was, she sat up, and turned to me, and looked deep into my eyes.

“Are you serious? Your serious.” she said never breaking our gaze.
hehe, someone sobered up ;)

“As you wish.” I told her and carried her off to bed with a happy grin on my face.
:love:

loved it!

finally caught up with the last 2 chappies.
As a writer myself, I have these little moments of doubts right before I post (we all have those)Never doubt yourself, your story is awesome.

Please continue writing. Have a great weekend and thx for the Pm.

:hug:

CJ

Chapter 14

Sydney’s POV

It is a little more than a week and half away from Christmas. I am now completely moved into his apartment, I will probably sublet my apartment out to the right candidate. I decided to go out today, and do some last minute shopping. I pretty much got everyone a gift except Michael. I have the whole day to find him the perfect gift. The only thing is, I only know part of what I wanted to get him. I ended up buying him a ridiculously expensive, but worth every penny, watch at Tiffany & Co. I finally decided that I was going to get him a watch about a week ago, especially after he told me the story of his dad’s watch and the story behind it. I noticed he doesn’t wear one anymore, and I figure it the perfect gift to give him. I am going to have it engraved to give it an extra special touch.

Not only did I have to get him a present but I also needed a dress. Michael asked me to go with him to his company Christmas party. I happily obliged, and now I need to find a knock his socks off dress. It is formal affair, I can’t wait to see him in a tux. After finding a dress, I decided to take a lunch break at a little café that I go to when I am dining alone. I brought a few design plans that needed my approval to look at over lunch. I was sitting at the bar area of the cafe with my head buried in my work, munching on a chicken ceasar pita, when I heard a british sounding voice speak.

“Excuse me, miss?” he said.

I looked up, and I just about choked on my food. Staring back at me was none other than Orlando Bloom. I tried not to look like a screaming teenager when I saw him standing there. I thought to myself, play this cool. Play this cool. He is so strikingly handsome, even more so in person. I have worked with and bumped into celebrities before living in Manhattan, but for some reason he made me feel like a little school girl.

“Hi.” I said. Real smooth Syd, I thought to myself.

“I’m sorry to bother you miss, but is this seat taken?” he asked politely.

“Um, no I don’t think so. Have a seat. I’m Sydney by the way.” I told him.

“Nice to meet you Sydney, I’m Orlando.” He told me shyly.

I couldn’t believe it. He was like my favorite character in Lord of the Rings. He seemed almost shy talking to me.

“Yeah, I know who you are. Lord of the Rings was one of my favorite movies, and I loved Pirates of the Caribbean. What brings you to New York?” I asked.

“Oh, yeah, press junket for my new movie. Kingdom of Heaven.” He replied.

“I just saw that this past weekend. I liked it.” I said.

“You did? It didn’t get a kind review from the press.” He stated sadly.

“I never listen to the press. Some middle aged, bald, lonely, mad at the world man telling me what is good and what is not? I don’t think so. I thought the movie had a lot of spiritual meaning. I spent a year living in Jerusalem, so I thought it was excellently portrayed how the fighting is still going on over 1000 years later over the holy land. You are an amazing actor. Don’t doubt yourself. People who couldn’t see the movie for what it was, are just clueless anyways.”I told him.

I blushed slightly after realizing how I just babbled on in front of him. He probably doesn’t care what I think anyway.

“Thanks Sydney, that means a lot to me. I try not to let the press get to me, but sometimes it is hard as an artist, you know?” he asked.

“Yeah, I am a designer, and I always feel that way when I reveal my work to someone for the first time. There is the initial shock of, God, what if they don’t like it. But I have come to have more faith in myself, and just hope that people can see my vision.” I told him.

“It is really nice talking to someone who seems so down to earth. People usually end up being really fake around me. It is refreshing to talk to someone like you, plus you have one of the most beautiful smiles I have ever seen.” He said.

“Thanks.” I said now blushing a crimson shade of red. God, is he flirting with me? He can’t be flirting with me. A couple months ago, and I would be flirting back, but now I am hopelessly in love with Michael Vaughn.

“Listen, I am only in town until Sunday, would you like to get dinner with me sometime before I leave? I really enjoy talking to you.” He asked

“Oh, uh. I really enjoy talking to you too…but, the thing is, I have a boyfriend. He is really great, and I don’t think it is a good idea for me to go out with you, without him.” I told him honestly.

“Oh, well then, bring him along. I can’t say that I am a little disappointed, but the truth is, I just want to be around some normal people, and you seem like you have an interesting life, and I would like to get to know you better, even if it is just as friends, I mean, I am still in an on again off again thing with Kate. We are trying to figure things out.” He told me.

“I will talk to Michael. I am sure he wouldn’t have a problem. This is our phone number. We just moved in together. Do you want to go somewhere to eat, or do you want to come over for dinner at my place?” I asked him.

“Actually, your place would be great. Less press, you know?” he said.

“Yeah… that sounds good. Do you mind if I invite a few friends? I have very interesting down to earth friends, it should be fun. How bout tomorrow night? Say 7ish?” I asked him.

“That sounds fabulous. I was thinking about buying a place here, but I don’t really know anyone, maybe that will change soon huh? Would you like me to bring anything?” he asked.

“Yeah. Maybe some wine? Here is my address. I will see you tomorrow.” I said after paying my bill and gathering my things to leave. I said goodbye, and he did the same, and then I turned to leave, but I felt his eyes still on me as I left. I felt like screeching and jumping up and down. But I controlled myself, and hailed a cab to go home and explain this unbelievable tale to Michael.

I got home, and rushed into the apartment looking for Michael. He was in the shower. I decided to strip down and surprise him. I was so excited about the day, not only that I found the perfect present, perfect dress for his Christmas party, but also that I met one of my favorite actors.

I reached the shower door, and opened it gently. He was inside with his back towards me. I took a second to observe his cute butt, before stepping in and sliding my hands around his waist and resting my head on his shoulder.

“Hey sweetie.” I said.

“Hey beautiful. How was your day?” he asked me.

He turned in my arms to face me. Putting his arms around my waist and pulling me closer as he started to trail kisses down my neck and shoulders.

“I..mmmm..I….uh..Stop that or I can’t talk to you.” I said.

He stopped kissing me and locked his eyes onto mine urging me to continue.

“Well, to be honest I had an unbelievable day.” I told him.

“That is great baby, you wanna tell me about it?” he asked.

“Yes..but you aren’t going to believe this. I went Christmas shopping and dress shopping for most of the day, then I stopped at this café to have lunch. I was sitting there going over some work stuff, when a man approached me and asked if he could sit in the chair next to me at the bar. Guess who it was?” I asked excitedly.

His smile grew as he watched me get all giddy about him guessing who it was.

“I give up..who was it?” he asked me smiling.

“Orlando “Gorgeous” Bloom.” I said using my fingers for the quotation marks over gorgeous.

“Wow really? Did he talk to you?” he asked

“Yeah, he did, he asked me out actually.” I told him.

Michael’s smile faded, and I immediately saw flashes of jealously in his eyes, but he was trying hard not to let it show.

“Really, oh that is great. What did you say?” he asked trying to sound not jealous, but failing miserably.

“Well, I told him that I couldn’t go out on a date with him, because I am hopelessly, madly, deeply in love with you. However, I did invite him over for dinner tomorrow here at our place. He said something about wanting to be around normal people who aren’t fake, so I told him I would invite a few friends, and have a little dinner thingy. Is that ok with you?” I asked.

“I guess, he isn’t trying to steal you away from me though, is he?” he asked seriously.

“There is no way he could. I mean, he is gorgeous, but I don’t feel anything for him, I am too in love with you to see anyone in that way. Don’t be jealous. He is an actor, I would never date an actor, he is way out of my league, and he is still in love with his ex-girlfriend. Plus, I love you. I want to spend my life with YOU, silly.” I said with a grin.

“First, you are not out of his league, he is out of yours. Second, you would choose me over Orlando “Gorgeous” Bloom?” he asked using his fingers to quote the gorgeous part.

I slapped his arm jokingly. “Absolutely. Besides, you are Michael “Even More Gorgeous than Orlando” Vaughn. You have to know how good looking you are! I see how women stare at you, it makes me proud that you are mine. How could I choose anyone over you. You are perfect for me, and you make me happy, and you have the sexiest hands and eyes and dimples and back, and chin dimple, and abs on this planet, should I go on?” I asked him.

“Syd, I love you so much. Nobody has ever said things like that to me. I, never really thought of myself as good looking, but thanks for saying it.” I told her with a kiss.

“I only say it because it is true. I’m so in love with you Michael. I gave up a chance at Orlando Bloom for you, and I’d do it again.” I told him jokingly.

“Oh Great, here it comes. For the next 50 years, anytime you get mad at me, you are going to throw that in my face. Just perfect.” He said jokingly.

“No, I won’t. But I like the way it sounds when you say that we will still be together in the next 50 years.” I told him.

“No, not 50 years. Forever.” He said turning serious.

“Forever.” I stated giving him a reassuring kiss.

With that, we both showered quickly, then got out of the shower. He wrapped me in a big terry cloth towel, and then wrapped one around his waist. He picked me up and carried me into our bedroom, and we showed each other, just how much we love there is between us.

TBC…

I may post another chapter tonight, but for sure tomorrow.. Please review, it really helps me keep going. I hope you liked this. I always like to put a little celebrity action in my fics, like Justin Timberlake is in Movin’ On. I was inspired to add Orlando after seeing his new movie last night. He really is a gorgeous man. At least I think so. Byeeee!!
🎅 this smiley cracks me up!!

Back