Politics Sex Offenders

Osiris said:
o my, that's really scary.  i'm glad that i don't live in Florida right now.  although i'm sure that it's just as bad where i live
[post="1328620"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

The really scary thing is that they had two go missing on the same day, but have since caught one. The man in the article is still missing.

Obviously the state of Florida has a significant problem with sex offenders. We've had two young girls killed in 2 months by convicted sex offenders who weren't monitored properly, and now this highly dangerous sex offender is God knows where.

I think that instead of trying to prevent a 13 year old girl from having an abortion they need to really look hard at their laws regarding sex offenders.

Although I agree that sex offender laws need to be strengthened, there is a mass hysteria associated with the term. My brother was accused of touching two friends of a girl that he was seeing while they slept. He was arrested and charged with two felonies for it. Although he couldn't get out of jail to find those who could help him to defend himself, he and his attorney were able to plea down his charges. He was let out to await sentancing, but before he could be sentenced, someone took a shotgun and put a twelve gauge shell through heis mouth. About two weeks later, the girls admitted that they had lied about what happened becasue there friend had asked them to. He never touched them, ever. He didn't buy her the things that she wanted, and she was pissed. So she had them lie. All three have since been charged with conspirasy to commit first degree murder in his death. And we still don't know who killed my brother. That is why I am strongly urging people to give others the benefit of the doubt. My brother sure never got it. (n)

Back