Politics Sexual Predators...

I'm seriously freaking out right now -.-

My parents got something in the mail today. At first my mom was scared because on the front it said "We've got a problem here..." She thought someone was blackmailing her.

It's way worse than that..

There's a Sexual Predator living on my street. He's not that close to my house but he's not far. My mom and dad are freaking out. She doesnt want anyone staying home by themselves without someone else. Apparently this man raped some little girl in Kentuckey and then moved to Ohio. He served jail for 6 years. That's basically what papers said that came in the mail. And whoever sent it to everyone wants him evicted off our street. There's some new Ohio Law that can do that.

Thoughts?

I hope no one else made a thread about this.... if they did just delete this and I'll post it there.

Well, I'm not in quite the same situation, but I do understand how you feel.

There is a man I went to school with who has been stalking me on and off for years. He lives a short walk from my house.

He goes through phases where he stands outside my bedroom window every day, sends me letters, calls non-stop, etc.

So most of the time I keep the curtains of my house closed (which is really depressing), and there are times when I'm too scared to go out my front door to get the newspaper!

Sorry, that wasn't of any help to you. I really don't know what to do because I am in a situation that is out of my control at the moment too.

Yes I have. He isn't supposed to do it, and, like I said, he goes through phases. He will do it for weeks on end, then stop for months. We were school friends, and so it is a more personal issue than it would be if it was somebody I didn't know. The next thing to do is to go to court, but I don't want to do that, largely much for the time effort and stress it would cause me.

Hopefully I will be living overseas by the end of the year anyway.

oh yeah. out here in cali, there's something called Megan's Law where anyone in the public can search for convicted sex offenders living in their area. HOWEVER, if anyone uses this in a discriminitory manner (aka wanting that person to leave the neighborhood), then they would be commiting a crime. i think it's just there to make the public aware.

I know how you feel. We have over 50 in my smallish hometown...one of the guys I went to high school with.

It is definitely a very scary thing...but you can't let it consume you, as hard as it may be, you have to try to live a semi-normal life and just be as safe as you can be.

Basically, everyone should be careful, even if there aren't any registered sex offenders in their neighborhood because there could be offenders who have moved without re-registering or people who haven't been caught yet. Taking ordinary precautions like locking doors and windows, not walking alone at night or in secluded areas, installing an alarm system, and always carrying a cell phone are relatively easy, but the most important thing is to listen to your gut. If you get a creepy vibe from someone don't be afraid to look like a paranoid idiot to get away from that person, even if it means doing something socially unacceptable like yelling or running away.

Natalia said:
Yes I have. He isn't supposed to do it, and, like I said, he goes through phases. He will do it for weeks on end, then stop for months. We were school friends, and so it is a more personal issue than it would be if it was somebody I didn't know. The next thing to do is to go to court, but I don't want to do that, largely much for the time effort and stress it would cause me.

Hopefully I will be living overseas by the end of the year anyway.
[post="1313363"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Does he know?

There isnt any sex offenders around here, or not that I know off. But where I used to live there was a man who would look out the window at kids while giving himself a hand ;)

Does he know I will be overseas?

No. Despite the fact that in his mind we are in some sort of relationship, he only knows the person I was in 1997.

There isnt any sex offenders around here, or not that I know off. But where I used to live there was a man who would look out the window at kids while giving himself a hand
:o_O:

Probably wise not for him to know your moving, he sounds physco.

Do you have a restraining order on him? Cause if so surely he is breaking it by waiting outside of your house and stuff?

Back