~Shadow of Deception~

YAY-another outstanding fic by the ever brilliant Spy41 ;) (y)
Please add me to your PM list
Love carrot top by the way.
You changed your avi you meanie :angry: :P

crazyaliaschick said:
YAY-another outstanding fic by the ever brilliant Spy41 ;)  (y)
Please add me to your PM list
Love carrot top by the way.
You changed your avi you meanie :angry:  :P
[post="1025050"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Hey, what's wrong with the new one? It's still a S/V scene. :lol:

I just read your fic and what can I say? I love it ?
Because I do, please add em to your PM list, and please post one thing MORE FLUFF!!!! Like in Broken Promise ;).

Thanks

I just caught up and what can I say what´s not been already said? ;)
Love it, especially the S/V- action, which I´m sure will cause problems later on?!? :confused:
So can I get a PM, you got me hooked once again! :woot:
Thanks ... ehmm ... update? -_-

Muse

loved it
it was so perfect
thax for the pm
and sydney vaughn won't hurt you
i wonder if vaughn is goign to made to think that syd is the evil one like in the recruit?
update soon

~Call it an Instinct~

As we sit on the bus that's taking us to 'the farm', i can't help but replay her words over again in my head. I want to know what happened to her, because behind the facade she's putting on for everyone, i see past it. There's more to her than meets the eye, and i'm sure of it. The question is, how long will it take me to break the wall she's built around herself? If i even can, or if she allows me too.

Eric sleeps next to me, his mouth is open and he's snoring softly. I roll my eyes and wonder how in the heck i got stuck sitting with him. Looking to the seats across from us i see Sydney and Akiko are also asleep. Sydney's head is resting against the side of the window, and Akiko is slouched in her seat slightly. I can't really see Sydney's face but the reflection in the glass convinces me that she is sleeping peacefully. I've never been so amazed by someone in my life. It's as if i can't control myself from looking at her.

I hear two men talking in the seats behind me, they're speaking in hushed tones but i can still make out their words, even over the deisel engine of the bus.

"So do you know who they're picking this time?" One asked.

"No, i mean..i heard them say something about that Bristow girl, but nothing is final yet."

"These guys have no idea what they're in for." One said laughing softly.

"Shut up, someones going to hear us." The other said. They both didn't say a word after that.

Their conversation confused me. What exactly were they picking Sydney for? Was it good? Was it bad? I decided to make a mental note to watch her back when we get to the farm, not that i wouldn't anyway, but there's definatly something fishy going on. I wait ten minutes and then get up to go to the bathroom. Of couse, i don't have to go, i just want to see the faces of the two men that were behind the conversation. I get up and squezze past Eric. I glance at the two guys quickly, one is sleeping, and ones reading a magazine. The one that is reading looks up at me, he gives me a rude glare, and i can read the suspicsion in his eyes. For a spy, he sure doesn't know how to cover things up. I give him a slight smile as i head off to the bathroom. I close the door and sigh. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea, i can see that it's not going to be easy to trust anyone, no one except for Sydney, Eric, and Akiko. I guess we'll just have to stick together, look out for one another, and make sure no ones left behind. I feel the bus start to slow down and it finally jolts to a stop. I open the door to see the lights in the bus are now on, and everyone is slowly waking up.

I walk back to my seat to see Eric is still sound asleep. I gently shake his shoulder.

"Hey, Eric." I say. He groans slightly.

"Two more hours mom, please?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Whatever you say suga." I say. That gets him to open his eyes and i can't help but laugh as i see that smile on his face fall to embarassment. I shake my head and turn around to see Akiko and Sydney sitting in their seats, trying to wake up from the ten hour bus ride. The bus doors open and a short, built man walks up the stairs and stands at the front of the bus.

"Alright trainees, listen up! You've got ten minutes to find a bunk buddy, get your sorry a**es in the main compund, find a room, and change, because we're going on a five mile run."

Everyone groaned at the news. I looked at my watch to find it was 3:45 in the morning. This wasn't exaclty how i imagined my first night at one of the most top secret training facilites, but it beats sitting on the couch at home doing nothing. Obviously i was going to be bunking with Eric, and Sydney with Akiko, it was more or less decided within seconds.

"Okay, let's go guys." I say, leading our group. I walk off the bus first, and pick up my bags, Eric, Sydney, and Akiko follow my actions, still half asleep. I lead them into the the large main building and up the stairs to the second floor. I walk past a few doors and stop at one that has an empty room across from it.

"You two can take that one, we'll take this one." I tell Akiko.

"Who made you boss?" She asks, her voice still ruff from waking up. I can't help but smile.

"Well, the three of you are too dead to think, so that's a pretty good reason right there." I say. Akiko obviously doesn't feel like arguing and walks into the room across from ours. Sydney follows suit. They slam the door and i turn to my new buddy.

"Women." I say.

"Yeah, you shouldn't mess with them when they're tired, it's dangerous." He says. We walk inside the room and close the door. I set my bags on the bed and turn on the lights.

"Dude, it's freezing in here." Eric says as he crosses his arms. I walk over to the radiator and bang on it, it clunks a bit but doesn't go on.

"Well bud, i don't think we have heat." I say. He rolls his eyes.

"You idiot! You picked a room without a heater!"

"Dude, settle down alright. Man, i thought they were bad without sleep. But you...."

"Oh shut up." He says. He unzips his bag and gets out his sweatpants and sweater and changes quickly. I do the same and put on my gym shoes and black hat to keep my ears from frezzing. We walk out of the room and go down the stairs, we meet up with the rest of the group that's waiting outside to go for a run. Sydney and Akiko come down a few minutes later and stand behind us. The same man that talked to us on the bus now stands in front of the group.

"Alright, everyone has to run these five miles in twenty minutes. I think we're being generous, so no complaining. Now get going!" He said. Everyone took off running. A few idiots decided to sprint right off the bat and completly lost energy. I thought i had a good pace, i was in the top five out of the group, Sydney, Akiko and Eric a few spots behind me. I felt good, i was a runner in high school and i definatly could hold my own. But it being in the middle of the night, i couldn't really see where i was going, and i definatly didn't see the awkward hole in the dirt ground. My right foot got stuck as i ran and pulled me back. I tried to gain my balance but couldn't and fell to the ground, twisting my ankle in the process. I bit my tounge as not to scream out in pain. I laid there on the ground, silent unshed tears in my eyes.

"Ugh."

A few people ran by me with out even glancing at me, but thankfully my new friends stopped.

"Gosh, Michael are you okay?" Akiko asked. The three of them surrounded me. I tried to sound convincing.

"Yeah, go ahead, keep going, i'll catch up." I said.

"We're not going to just leave you here man." Eric said. Sydney walked behind me and put her arms under my arms.

"Come on." She said. Her and Eric helped me to my feet and i winced as i stood on my foot a little to hard.

"You guys, just go, you have five minutes to get back, and a mile left to run. Just go." I tell them. But they're persistant. Sydney and Eric take my wieght and we start walking in the direction that the rest are running. We finally get to the finish line, and no one is left outside. They get me inside and bring me upstairs to our room. Akiko opens the door and steps back.

"My gosh, it's colder in here than it is outside." She says. They decide to bring me to their room instead. They sit me on the bed and Sydney carefully takes off my shoe. She peels off my sock and drops it to the floor.

"Ouch man." Eric says. I look at my foot to see it all bruised up and swollen.

"I'm gonna go get you some ice for that." Akiko says. She walks out of the room and Eric goes with her. Sydney is still on her knees before me, examining my foot.

"Does this hurt?" She asks. She pushes something and i let out a yelp.

"Um...yeah...please don't do that again." I say as i bite the inside of my cheek. She looks up at me.

"Sorry." She says. I shake my head.

"No, i deserved it, i know i upset you earlier back in the cafeteria. And i'm sorry." I say. I don't exactly know why i'm apoligizing to her now, and she looks a bit surprised too, but for a different reason.

"Upset me? Vaughn, you never upset me." She says. I stare at her.

"I didn't? I thought...." She smiles slightly.

"I was just having a bad day, i wasn't upset with YOU." She tells me.

"Really? Here i thought i was on your poop list." I say. My comment gets her to laugh and i am again amazed by her. A smile takes over my lips and i watch as she shakes her head.

"I can tell i'm going to like working with you Mr. Vaughn."

"Really?" I ask. She smiles.

"Yeah, really." She says.

"Well, i can tell i'm going to enjoy working with you as well Ms. Bristow, maybe too much." I say. What i say to her isn't a lie. I'm in deep for this one, and i know she can do damage if she decides to hurt me. But something about her tells me that she'd never think about it. Call it an instinct.

sexcivaughan14 said:
i received no pm...but it was good; if im not on the pm list...add me to it! lol! i loved it :smiley:
[post="1067245"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Sorry, thought you were on. I'll add you.

Back