Shakespeare and other Playwrights

Hehe, of course I know you well, Brittany. But you also know me well and if Jennifer was ever gonna play Juliet, I'd enjoy the movie more. :smiley:

And here's a famous line everyone should know: "To be or not to be, that is the question."

Flames24 said:
Hehe, of course I know you well, Brittany.  But you also know me well and if Jennifer was ever gonna play Juliet, I'd enjoy the movie more. :smiley: 

And here's a famous line everyone should know: "To be or not to be, that is the question."
we both know how much you would enjoy a jen garner juliet! lol.
ah yes of course-the famous Hamlet line.

"My words fly up, my thoughts remain below:Words without thoughts never to heaven go" also came from hamlet if i'm not mistaken.

I love the books of William Shakespeare too!!
I have read: Romeo and Julliet, As you like it, Macbeth and a Midsummers Night Dream.
I also like Pride and Prejudice written by Jane Austen.
What do you think about this book?

I loved twelfth Night...it was fabulous...and Hilarious!!

We're studying Macbeth at the moment and I love the irony which he uses throughout his plays, it's amazing!!!

I went and saw a production of the 2 gentlemen of Verona - a modern version, and it was hilarious as well...spoken in Old English, and acted in modern times, it was a blast!!!

10 points to anyone who can say who murdered sleep, which play it was murdered in, and who said the line in which the death of sleep is mentioned.

Actually...no points...General Knowledge...but try your hand at it...

ahhhh!!! i don't belong here! i hate shakespeare because he made my teachers make ME read HIS stuff!! it really is torture! last year we read Romeo and Juliet and this year we're reading A Midsummer Nights Dream which were both really boring and hard to understand! I mean I really liked the Romeo and Juilet story but actually reading it in old English is friggin boring! The movie w/ Leonardo Dicaprio was much better! :lol: sorry all you Shakespeare lovers!

I absolutely love Shakespeare. I took a Shakespeare I course last semester, and took II this semester. Loved them both. I think Jen would be a lovely Juliet. I really wish they would make a movie with includes all of Juliet's speechs. She's such a strong and intelligent women, and they always cut out some of her most powerful speechs.

Vicky :smiley:

ahhh can one of you shakespeare experts help me??

what does this mean "are not you he that frights the maidens of the villagery, *skin milk, and sometimes labour in the quern, and bootless amke the breathless housewife churn, and sometime make the drink to bear no barm, mislead night-wanderers, laughing at their harm?"

skim milk, quern, bootless?!?!??! we're supposed to identify the mishivious ways of Puck... :blink:

I am OBSESSED with Shakespere! I adore his works, his poetry... It's totally fantastic. I may be crazy, but I do love Shakespere!

Slightly :eek:fftopic: but I was Quince in 'A Midsummer's Night Dream', which was a LOT of fun!

here eme:

Set you heart at rest.
The fairy land buys not the child of me.
His mother was a votress of my order.
And in the spiced indian air by night,
full often hath she gossiped by my side
and sat with me on the neptune's yellow sands
marking the'embarked traders on the flood
when we laughed to see the sails conceive
and grow big-bellied in the wanton wind
which she, with pretty and with swimming gait
following (her womb then rich with my young squire),
would imitate the sails upon the land
to fetch me trifles and return again
as from a voyage, rich with merchandies
but she, being mortal of that boy did die,
and for her sake do i rear up her boy;
and for her sake i will not part with him

PHEWW! i have to memorize that and i know i don't like shakespear that much but i like that Titania speech!

Back