Shakespeare and other Playwrights

Victoria King said:
i like macbeth
yeah i did too it was interesting i saw the movie as well i liked that too but when u have a teacher who goes over every single thing with you *ok read the shakespeare version then the english version ok lets go back to the shakespeare version* thats wut made that class so boring going over the same scene over and over again
~Kay~

i know! then there are kids who are like "what just happened?!" UGH! if they could just give me a book to read then i would be happy if i have problems i'll ask but it does make it more boring if you read it in a class setting! i thought julius ceasar was painful becuase i read it in a class setting with a movie, with a book and the teacher commenting on everything, then ppl asking questions!

lenkid said:
Wow, I can't believe how many of the same things we've read. :D I totally like A Doll's House and the Crucible. I also really liked Death of a Salesman.

I'm also really big on Tess of the D'Urbervilles, To Kill a Mockingbird and Shakespeare's Twelfth Night.
I like 'A Dolls House' as well. I ended up studying it in my college prep English class last semester . . . oh what a read!

twinzz2003 said:
I've read Romeo and Juliet, Macbeth(cool), and Hamlet. Hamlet I really didn't care for cause everyone seemed to keep dying. Lol!
I've read Romeo & Juliet, Macbeth as well as Othello. I also have purchased a book a few years ago that has the complete works of Shakespeare - which includes all of his poems and plays.

For our English final we had to memorize 20 lines from Romeo and Juliet...I did the scene when the nurse tells Juliet that Romeo wants to marry him...it was funny...i liked it

agentgill, a doll's house is one of my favorite plays..such interesting characters, i love how Nora's character just compeltly changes through the entire play! and the ending..just great! when it was first produced, it was just un heard of for a woman to leave her family, in Germany they made him change it and she ends up turning around and collapsing with her husband taking her back!
i like the ending how ibsen first wrote it, it would even be cool to have seen him write a sequel to see what happened to Nora when she went off on her own, if she ever met contact with her children again?but of course its not a book so no sequel! its a play which at that a great play!

Oh, I love MacBeth! That has to be my all-time favorite! (And The Crucible, but that one also made me really, really mad at most of the characters.)

My favorite Shakespeare are Romeo and Juliet and A Midsummer Night's Dream. I just finished that one. I was kind of suprised that I liked it better than Romeo and Juliet actually.

This year's Shakespeare production at my school is a A Midsummer Night's Dream...I auditioned for Titania.

Julius Caesar...Troilus and Cressida...Romeo and Juliet...all great! :smiley:

My favorite playwright is Neil Simon. My favorite of his would have to be The Odd Couple. Brighton Beach Memoirs, Barefoot In the Park, and Plaza Suite are awesome works of his as well.

Among my favorite playwrights would have to be Macbeth. I know I'm not very originial, but Shakespeare is quite the author.

Romeo and Juliet, however, now seems dull because of how much it has been played out.

Back