Shattered Illusions

Hey! I go to a snob school and am very proud of it thank you very much

*stalks off with nose in air*

HEY THIS GOOOOOD!!! CAN I HAVE A PM PRETTY PLEASE!!!!!! I MIGHT DIE WITHOUT 1!!!!! AND WHEN IS ALICE GOING TO DIE!!! FOREVER!!!!! THIS IS AWSOME IF I DIDN'T MAKE IT CLEAR THE FIRST TIME!!!!

LAUR!

:rotflmao:

O.M.G!!!! That link... :sideroll: And TIMBERlane?

Oh God... You do realise that I should NEVER come to your dwelling... I would like, traumatise everyone...

:rotflmao:

And Ali, :rotflmao: Dude, I've read your reviews in a couple of fics and you just crack me up :lol: And sure, you can have a PM :woot:

-ANNOUNCEMENT-

Update: Tomorrow, Saturday... yeah, shut up about the lack of update :rolleyes:

Shattered Illusions PM List
!n@$en+
Addicted 2 Alias
ae_gurl293
aliasdancer007
aliasfan212
aliasisthebest
aliasrocks515
aprilsfool6
atekamel
Bamse
berry_kyoote_spy88
blknight
Cai
Carney4ever
Chicketepee
Elle_47
Fairyqueen2020
fire*N*ice
frangipani
freckles3706
grassyass
gucci_94
hannahb
i'm an aliasaholic
Jen-Jen
Kate_14
LaurenRachael
Lily Ella
Lovygirl
lukylass
maddy28
meghanlyn85
MH55995
Mistyville
Nancy O
secret_agent_angel
shelley g.
shotput25ash
smartgirl2004
stealthy
stella1
superspy
syd26
Syd&Vaughn4eva
syd_kicks_serious_ass
sydneymicheal
SydneyVaughn47
tubby
tunita
twinkley_angel
vaughn&sydneylover
Vaughn-a-holic!439
vaughnsgurl4lf
vaughnshoney

Welcome to the Beginner's Area of the Tree School! We're glad you're interested in learning more about the forest. After checking out our games and activities you're sure to look at the forest in a whole new way.

Damn straight I will. :blink:

*runs away screaming* I never knew such a thing EXISTED! :o_O:

I still can't get over that Tree School thing...

Anywho... I believe it is update day :woot:

A/N: I’m really not happy with this chapter. At all. But I’ve re-written it so many times, I’m going to drive myself crazy if I do it anymore.

Chapter Eleven

Ew was Sydney’s first reaction to the huge advertisement poster for a current movie on the wall next to the Box Office. Another beach movie? What, as if the million ones they have already aren’t enough? She must have missed something. But nope, there it was in multi-coloured writing. Californian Sun. Even the name had to be one of the most clichéd things she’d ever read. She stared at the teeth of one of the guys in the poster and wondered how much the guy who edited the picture to make the actor have pearly whites was really paid.

But the saddest part of it all was that the movie was selling out faster than Case 42, a movie that normal, sane people would actually watch.

Sydney tried not to laugh as she saw two teenage girls ask run squealing to catch the next show of Californian Sun. Sure, you’d expect your average 13 year old to watch this with all her giggly friends as they gushed over the hot guy on the screen, but in all seriousness:

How does anyone in their right mind get kicks out of watching something as stupid as this?

Just as she was thinking this thought, Danny walked to her with two tickets in hand.

“Ready?” he asked.

She smiled, “Let’s go.”

~~~

Ok, so the escalator was invented for a reason. And sure, the popcorn stall was all the way downstairs. And ok, so yes, he should probably take the escalator to get there. But… he could just pretend for the space of five seconds that he had no brain, right? And in those five seconds, he could just jump the 20 feet off the railing instead of taking the escalator, right? Michael studied the floor. Polished vinyl. He mentally calculated the risks. At the very least, he’d break some sort of bone in his body. That would let him off the rest of the evening, at least. Which would mean not having to watch Californian Sun.

Great, so now you’re trying to figure out a way of killing yourself so you don’t have to watch the stupid movie? Nice, Vaughn, nice.

He sighed. This was pathetic. There wasn’t even any real point him going into the cinema, anyway. It wasn’t like he was actually going to watch it. His iPod was all set to go and he had already come up with a mental playlist of all the songs he could listen to in two hours.

“Michael, come on… we don’t want to miss the previews.” Alice tugged him off to the poor guy who has to rip your tickets before you go in and Michael blinked in surprise.

Right. ‘Cause we all know that the previews are the best part of the movie, right?

Sighing, he let himself be dragged off by Alice’s perfectly manicured hand. From experience, he knew that in times like these, it was best to just smile and nod.

As they walked forward, he saw the back of a familiar dark brown head. Great. Sydney Bristow was in the same room as him. Could this night get any worse?

Alice tugged his hand once more. “Michael, come on… wait…” she recoiled, “Who is that?” She pointed to Sydney.

Michael sighed. “That’s Sydney Bristow. Lucy’s best friend.” As he said it, Sydney looked up and caught his eye and rolled her own.

Hello to you too, Sydney. She was with a tall man, about Michael’s age with wavy dark brown hair. Michael had seem him around campus before, and as he watched the two of them interact and laugh together, he felt a surge of… he didn’t know what. But something hit him right in the gut; he didn’t know how to explain it.

“… only a loser like her could watch a movie like Case 42.”

Michael blinked. He’d totally missed what Alice had just said. “Uhhh… what?”

Alice stared at him. “I said that it makes sense that she’s friends with Lucy because only a loser like her could watch that type of movie.”

“Hey. She’s not a loser or anything, really, she’s just…”

Whoa.

He was defending Sydney Bristow and not his own sister? Since when had the world become so twisted? He blindly followed Alice as they sat down in the cinemal hall and the movie started to play.

But as Michael turned on his iPod, he couldn’t help think. Why couldn’t Alice be more like Sydney? Californian Sun vs Case 42… I mean, here he was, listening to his iPod in a movie… how sad could he get?

He hit the play button on the shuffle option of his iPod and as the first notes began to play, he shook his head.

Miss Hilton, you must be worth a trillion bucks… get the feeling that you don’t really give a…

Nice song to fit the moment, hey?

TBC

A/N: I never actually realised just how much of my character has gone into Sydney in this fic until I wrote this chapter… not that you guys need to know that :lol: Don’t mind me.

:snorkel:

Shattered Illusions PM List
!n@$en+
Addicted 2 Alias
ae_gurl293
aliasdancer007
aliasfan212
aliasisthebest
aliasrocks515
aprilsfool6
atekamel
Bamse
berry_kyoote_spy88
blknight
Cai
Carney4ever
Chicketepee
Elle_47
Fairyqueen2020
fire*N*ice
frangipani
freckles3706
grassyass
gucci_94
hannahb
i'm an aliasaholic
Jen-Jen
Kate_14
LaurenRachael
Lily Ella
Lovygirl
lukylass
maddy28
meghanlyn85
MH55995
Mistyville
Nancy O
secret_agent_angel
shelley g.
shotput25ash
smartgirl2004
stealthy
stella1
superspy
syd26
Syd&Vaughn4eva
syd_kicks_serious_ass
sydneymicheal
SydneyVaughn47
tubby
tunita
twinkley_angel
vaughn&sydneylover
Vaughn-a-holic!439
vaughnsgurl4lf
vaughnshoney

PM's are going out in a sec...

hehe...im first...cool
when is vaughn going to realise that he wants to be with syd and vice versa???
thanks for the pm
that was a great chapter

alice is an idiot...that's all i have to say about her
can i pleeeeeeeeeeeeze get a good fight between michael and sydney? pretty please? with sugar on top?
like a good fight where they're yelling at each other and michael grabs her to shake her, but winds up kissing her instead...hehe...sydney would just look at him like this :eek: ....then maybe hit him...
but she would secretly enjoy it....
okay, leaving my fantasy world now....
i liked this chapter, even if you don't...
and i'm glad your computer isn't sick anymore....
thanks for the pm....
shelley :blush:

OK Vaughn has more in common with Syd than Alice....he needs to realize this and break up with Alice! (y)
-Then he needs to tell Syd how he really feels...cause deep down he loves her!! :woot:
Loved it! Thanks for the pm!

i so do not get why Vaughn insists on staying with Alice!!! lol well anyways, that was a terrific update, can't wait for the next one. btw, thanks for the PM.

SWEEET an update!! :D Micheal is defending Syd and is jealous of Danny (and so it begins) :woot: Now this is starting to get good, just makes me wonder if/when Syd is going to get jealous of Alice... Can't wait for the next chapter

can i pleeeeeeeeeeeeze get a good fight between michael and sydney? pretty please? with sugar on top?
like a good fight where they're yelling at each other and michael grabs her to shake her, but winds up kissing her instead...hehe...sydney would just look at him like this :eek: ....then maybe hit him...
but she would secretly enjoy it....
You know what's interesting? I still haven't fully got an idea of how the first kiss is going to play out... but someone asked me to the exact situation you suggested... and if I do end up going with it, that means I have to get rid of something I've thought up... but the thing is, I love that whole idea of the first kiss during a fight... :Ponder:

Ok, don't worry if you totally missed what I just said, I'm just mumbling to myself :rolleyes:

i so do not get why Vaughn insists on staying with Alice!!!
You know what, neither do I :blink: And the only solution I've come up with is that he is an idiot... or because he slept with her, he has some sort of obligation to stay with her... *shrug*

You know what's interesting? I still haven't fully got an idea of how the first kiss is going to play out... but someone asked me to the exact situation you suggested... and if I do end up going with it, that means I have to get rid of something I've thought up... but the thing is, I love that whole idea of the first kiss during a fight... :Ponder:
TWO people with that suggestion....interesting....gives you something to think about....i mean, there's already sparks flying when they are fighting, but then the kiss would send off a completely different type of spark....fight kisses just have so much more chemistry....but maybe i'm just biased...hehe ;)

YES!!!! LET THE S/V ROLL ON IN!!!! VAUGHN'S DEFENDING HER!!! DUMP ALICE AND DANNY AND START MAKING OUT ALREADY!!!!!LOL!!! WAY TOO MUCH ROMANCE THERE AY!!! AWSOME CHAPPY! DUDE I LOVE FIGHT KISSES BECAUSE THERE JUST SO HOT!!!! GO FIGHT KISSES!!!

Back