Shattered Illusions

Hey, sorry i haven't reviewed in ages, but this story is really great. Is it me or is Vaughn starting to feel a little something something for Sydney? I think so!

Thanx for the pm, update soon!

Haha. Listening to his ipod in the movies.. that is kinda sad :P
Great update. Thanks for the PM.. oh and sorry I havn't reviewed in ages. Homework :rolleyes:

*sits on hands, rocking and humming waiting for an update*

Time zones boggle my head, but I am pretty sure that Australia is not three days behind the US.

*sniffles* I want an update!

(y)

I am reviewing for the third time. Feel special.

I am procrastinating.

Michael had seem him around campus before, and as he watched the two of them interact and laugh together, he felt a surge of… he didn’t know what.

Adrenaline, testoserone?

OH MY GOD.

I have it all figured out.

He had a surge of ESTROGEN! He's a woman! Like that guy/girl thing on House last night!

Juju, I applaud you. I have never read a story where there is a Woman!Vaughn.

EDIT: I thought AA was supposed to squish my double post. :shocked:

Will Michael put a gag ball into the mouth of that blonde, brainless, twit and tell her she's stupid. Although I doubt Alice would understand that big word if Michael ever said it to her.

It's obvious that Michael is starting to feel jealous that Syd is going out with Danny. However, at this point, I don't thing Syd's feelings towards Michael and Alice are the same.

And speaking of Sydney, reading several chapters back about their first meeting. I'd say the extreme dislike between Sydney and Michael is more on Sydney's side. Really, that first meeting, Michael did nothing that wrong to justify her stamping on his foot in such anger. So he called her Syddie instead of Sydney...is that so bad? And Sydney's anger- why such a short fuse?

I will admit, until the last couple of chapters, the reason I thought Sydney hated her friends trying to fix her up was because she was a lesbian, but hadn't yet come out of the closet. Her lack of any male friends also lead me to think that.

Please add me to your PM list.

Chris

HEHE! I LOVE THIS. BY THE WAY THIS IS FAIRYQUEEN SO IF I COULD KINDLY HAVE A PM WHEN YOU FINALLY UPDATE I WOULD WORSHIP YOU. I SAW HOUSE TOOO. THAT WAS WEIRD.

A/N: First, Munchkin, you crack me up :rotflmao: And yes, you figured out the main plot.... Vaughn is in fact a woman... but shhhh, ok? *wink*

Second, the reason of the lack of update: One sentence in this chapter. I couldn't get it right and I flat out refused to post before I got it right. Yes, I'm stubborn, deal with it ;)

But here we go:

Chapter Twelve​

There comes a time in life when you have to face your fears. For Sydney Bristow, that time had finally come. She didn’t quite know what possessed her to say yes to the invitation of coming to meet Kate and Lucy at Lordini’s, but as she watched their smiling faces coming her, she ran a mental checklist through everything she had eaten in the past 48 hours to make sure that there was no possibility of any of it being spiked. Considering the main intake of her life was coffee ice-cream, she was pretty sure that nothing like that could have happened.

Granted, it had been a whole two nights since The Big Date with Danny… but it had also been two nights since she had talked to either of the two. And now Sydney was contemplating her fate and preparing herself for a line of questioning that would give the President a run for his money. Still, she couldn’t help smile as they neared her. In all seriousness… just how many kicks could they get out of this whole Sydney/Danny fiasco?

“Sydney!” Lucy squealed as she jumped into the seat in front of Sydney, closely followed by Kate who gave a similar girlish squeal and slid in the seat next to Lucy.

Sydney smiled. “So… how have you guys been?”

Lucy rolled her eyes. “As if you want to talk about that.”

Sydney raised an eyebrow. “Why… what do I want to talk about?” Ah, the perks of playing dumb.

Kate and Lucy shared an incredulous look while Sydney took a sip of her iced coffee and closed her eyes, savouring the taste. So good. Her obsession with coffee was seriously getting out of hand, but it didn’t make it any less good.

“Syd, seriously… how was it?”

“How was what?” Ok, so she was childish… so what? Her friends got kicks out of playing matchmaker, and she got kicks out of toying with their minds. What was the number of the local kindergarten again?

Lucy rolled her eyes. “Cut it out… you know what we’re talking about… the date! How did it go?”

“Oh, that! Yeah, it was good.” Sydney took another sip of her iced coffee. “You guys want anything to eat or drink?” She couldn’t resist laughing a bit at the looks on their faces.

“Good? Just ‘good’? C’mon, Syd,” Kate groaned. “Details!”

Sydney sighed. “Ok… so we went a saw a movie and-”

“Let me guess… Californian Sun, right?”

Sydney raised an eyebrow at Lucy. “Nooooo… why would I watch that? Nah, we watched Case 42.”

Pause.

Kate finally found her voice. “You watched… you watched a Tom Cruise movie on a first date?”

“Well, yeah.”

“But… what about Californian Sun?”

Sydney laughed. “Luce… come on, you know better than anyone… do you honestly expect me to watch a movie like that?” She was referring to the time a while ago when she walked out in the middle of Raise Your Voice.

“Hmm… true… But, still… Case 42? Was it even any good?”

“God, yeah! You guys should go watch it… or not,” she added, seeing their faces.

“Anyway… continue.”

“Well… we watched the movie… and then he dropped me home.”

“That’s it?”

“That’s it.”

“Did he kiss you?”

Sydney smiled. “Nope. Well… he did kiss me on the cheek, but nothing more.”

“Awwwww…” Kate and Lucy’s voices were practically in unison.

“Has he called you yet?” Lucy’s eyes were shining.

“Not yet… but… I think he will,” Sydney smiled. Ok, so maybe she wasn’t so bad at this whole love thing. For some reason, she had been checking her cell phone a little too often ever since the date… something unfamiliar to her, but in a strange way, it felt nice and almost… normal.

Lucy smiled. “So do you like him?”

Sydney sighed. “Yeah… I mean, it’s only been one date, but yeah… he’s a really sweet guy.” It was true. Danny was one of the nicest guys she had ever met and she sure wouldn’t mind spending more time with him. “Oh, but you know who I ran into while I was there?”

“Who?”

Sydney smirked. “Your dear brother. He was with some blonde girl.”

Lucy’s eyes were wide. “He’s still with that whore? Ugh! I caught them making out… and just…” She rolled her eyes. “He could do sooo much better. Was he in the same movie as you?”

Sydney laughed. “No. That girl… Alice is it? Anyway, she somehow roped him into seeing Californian Sun.”

Lucy shook her head. “Poor guy. He hates that type of thing almost as you do.” She stared at Sydney thoughtfully. “Yet another thing he has in common with you.”

Sydney put down her iced coffee, her appetite temporarily gone. “Why do you always have to find stuff in common between us?”

“Because I honestly think that if you guys could be at least half as civil as you are right now, you might end up liking each other.”

“He’s a nice guy Syd,” Kate chimed in. “I don’t get why you hate him.”

“But… Kate, you haven’t known him since you were five years old. The guy has to be the biggest ass this side of the equator. No joke.”

Lucy rolled her eyes. Why did she even try? She knew it was a lose-lose situation, so before Sydney could get more fired up, she quickly changed the subject. “Well, while you were out on your date with Danny, we went to that party we told you about.”

Kate rolled her eyes. “Most boring thing ever. I’m serious. It’s probably a good thing you didn’t go… we went bowling instead.”

Sydney laughed. “And let me guess… you didn’t know how to bowl properly, so you had to Alex who was more than happy to show you which turned into a mini-make-out-session in the middle of the bowling alley?”

Lucy laughed and Kate blushed. “Maybe…”

Sydney just shook her head and smiled as Lucy took over the teasing of Kate.

TBC

:snorkel:

Shattered Illusions PM List
6helterskelter6
!n@$en+
Addicted 2 Alias
ae_gurl293
aliasdancer007
aliasfan212
aliasisthebest
aliasrocks515
aprilsfool6
atekamel
Bamse
berry_kyoote_spy88
blknight
buckeyealum2000
Cai
Carney4ever
Chicketepee
ChrisM
Elle_47
EnglandAddict2020
Fairyqueen2020
fire*N*ice
frangipani
freckles3706
grassyass
gucci_94
hannahb
i'm an aliasaholic
invisible
Jen-Jen
Kate_14
LaurenRachael
Lily Ella
Lovygirl
luckylass
maddy28
meghanlyn85
MH55995
Mistyville
Nancy O
secret_agent_angel
shelley g.
shotput25ash
smartgirl2004
Soccer22vartan
stealthy
stella1
superspy
syd26
Syd&Vaughn4eva
syd_kicks_serious_ass
sydneymicheal
SydneyVaughn47
tubby
tunita
twinkley_angel
vaughn&sydneylover
Vaughn-a-holic!439
vaughnsgurl4lf
vaughnshoney

Please tell me if I misspelled your name or if you want be either taken off or put on.

SWEEEEEET... That was a great update... Oh yea, I bet the have a lot in common!! :smiley: Especially a deep down love for each other!!! Can't wait for the next chapter

Back