Shattered Illusions

Attention: LURKERS

I don't bite! ^_^ At least say hi to me, you don't have to ask for a PM or anything... just saying hello is enough!

JUJU!

*superflyingtacklehug!!!*

HIIIIIIIIII.

hmmm, do you even remember me? i don't think i have been over to visit AA in like...a lot of months. egads, too many. tonight for some RANDOM! reason i decided to come and read a fic of yours and i did and i love it love it love it AND ALSO I JUST WANTED TO SAY HI AND I MISS YOU AND AA.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!

HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII again!!!!!

ok, yes, in case you were wondering where i have been, i will tell you. the land of super busy-ness. i'm still there and will probably be there for a very long time. BUT! i took a vacation to come visit the land of HAPPY AA AND WHOOO AND JUJU'S AMAZING FIC!

i do not know if i will be back very often but aaaaah, i lurve this. except you are almost making me want sydney and danny to be together, the way you are writing it. and i'm not liking michael because i'm totally just not connecting him with being vaughn. AND SO YEAH. i do not know wheeeeere you are going with this but you are amazing juju and so i think you know where you are going and so that is what i am thinking.

actually it is late for me but i have sacrificed my sleep because i missed good ol' AA (and Alias, of course) and YOU and everyone else here, OF COURSE so i am here to say hi and I LOVE YOUR NEW STORY.

and that is all. i am leaving noooow to sleeeeep like i should have been doing. alas.

but HI HI HI HIHIHIHIHIHIHIHI again!!!

beth! 🍦

*smacks self for not reading that update sooner*

God, JuJu - I'm so sorry :cry:

I <3 this fic so much, like...
With so much love its a sickenly gross amount...

I love the angst *evil grin*
And like, you counterset it with fluff...

But - what makes it awesome - is that its not Syd + Vaughn fluff!

And although I want Alice dead...

I still L.O.V.E this fic.

*squee*

Tell your teachers that Ashee says to leave you the heck alone.
'Cause, I want you to write - and cause I want an update.

And, they dont want to deal with a pissed off Ashley...
That'd be very, very bad...

Very bad.

And, you can even mention that I'm all the way on the other side of the world...
They should still watch out...
The whole world knows when I'm upset :angelic:

Garh - it seems to me that Lucy is trying to point out similarities between them with an alterior motive...
I mean, how bad would it be if her best friend and her brother dated?
...At least they'd be getting along, right?

And... it's not like they dont have anything in common...

Anyways!

Thanks for the PM, Sweetie!
I LOVED IT!
SO MUCH!

*_Ash

Note to Beth: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! :woot: IT'S BETH! Gah, it's been so long since I've posted in here... HOW ARE YOU? :hug: :confetti: Welps.. JuJu still loves you and will still continue to love you :D

Everyone who wanted on the PM list has been added... Update in a few minutes (don't fall off your chair in shock :D lol)

A/N: Sorry it’s taken so long to write this… I have had more melodrama in the past two months than I really need in my life. *blows out breath of air* Anyway, so I really do apologise for the wait and I swear, this has always been on my mind as something I have to do (and I don’t lie about this type of stuff)… I even had it on my Post-It-Notes on my Desktop *nod*

Here is proof of that, I even enlarged the Post-it so that you can read it better-er :P

If you’ve forgotten what this fic is about, a mini summary is under the spoiler tags:

Sydney, Lucy and Kate are best friends and Michael is Lucy’s brother.

Michael and Syd can’t stand each other.

Lucy is dating a guy called Matt and Kate’s with a guy called Alex.

Alice and Michael are going out and Alice is pretty much a ditz and Michael’s seriously wondering why he’s even with her.

Sydney and Danny went on one date and it went well.

Chapter Thirteen​

Chocolate. Strawberry. Vanilla. Sorbet. Cookies and Cream. Mango. Lemon. Lime. Caramel. Ferrero Rocher. Chocolate Chip.

Sydney’s brown eyes desperately scanned the shelves for the familiar mustard coloured pint of ice-cream. Granted her coffee ice-cream addiction was obsessive and slightly neurotic, but she hadn’t had her ice-cream fix in a whole five days and she wasn’t ashamed to admit that she was going to go slightly crazy if she didn’t have some soon.

Come on, come on.

She didn’t think it would be good for her self-being if there was no coffee ice-cream left.

Please, come on there has to be at least one left somewhere, please let-

Aha. There in the corner, sitting by itself was the very last pint of coffee ice-cream.

Thank you.

Just as Sydney was about to reach for it, her phone rang, causing her to jump and her arm knocked the pint to floor with a thud.

“Hello?”

“Do you think that becoming vegetarian would totally screw my body up?”

Sydney had to smile. No ‘hi’, ‘hello’ or ‘how are you’, but a question about her diet. Who else could it be?

“Luce, you know it’s never going to happen.”

“It will!”

Sydney sighed and shook her head. This wasn’t the first time that Lucy had decided that she wanted to become vegetarian. But it was only a matter of time before she would get tempted by the chicken crispies at Lordini’s. Yet in her defence, she always insisted there would come a time when she would become a full vegetarian for at least three weeks.

“I highly doubt that you’ll last more than a week. You know it too, Luce, you’re not going to last.”

“But I swear to God it will last this time! I walked by the pet store this morning and all the little animals are sooooo cute… how can anyone be so cruel?”

Sydney rolled her eyes and laughed. “That’s exactly what you said the time before.

“Whatever, Syd, you believe what you want, but I’m determined this time. And…” Lucy’s voice trailed off. “Oh felgercarb, this means I’m going to have to give up those chicken crispy things, doesn’t it?” Lucy whimpered.

Sydney sighed. “Yes, it does.”

There was silence on the other end of the line before Lucy sighed. “Ok, well… stuff that, we’ll talk about that later, now, I want to know what’s up with you!”

Sydney blinked. “Uhh… I’m buying coffee ice-cream?”

Lucy groaned. “Syyyyyyyyd… you know what I’m talking about… You and Danny! How was the date last night?”

Danny had run into Sydney two days earlier and they had talked on the phone a couple of times since their first date to the movies ten days ago. They had talked for a while before making plans to go bowling the previous night. They had played games and Sydney had won both, though she had a sneaking suspicion that Danny had let her win… and the weird thing? Ordinarily, this sort of clichéd, movie-style, sit-on-the-couch with a box of chocolate and furry slippers romance was something that Sydney would hate. But this time? She didn’t hate it; she almost found it… cute? She didn’t know what it was. Maybe it was because she was starting to get over her previous asshole of a boyfriend, Ben. Truth be told, his betrayal had hurt her more than she was willing to admit, especially in the circumstances in which they had broken up. But when she was with Danny, she could forget about Ben and just have a good time.

Sydney smiled into the phone. “It was good… we went bowling and got pizza.”

“Did he kiss you?” Lucy practically squealed.

Sydney rolled her eyes. “If you must know, yes, he did.”

She heard Lucy gasp on the other end of the phone. “Ahhhhh! Was it good? Oh my GOD I can’t believe it! There’s still hope for you! This is so g-”

“Luce.”

“Fiiine… but we will talk about this later, ok? We’re still on for tonight, right?

“Yeah, we are. Is Matt coming?”

Lucy giggled. “He sure is! Oh, and Will’s coming, too… provided he remembers, but I’ll give him a call. Ok, well, I have to go, some stupid make-up class thing, but I’ll see you tonight where we are soooo going to talk some more about Danny.”

“Ok, see you, Luce.”

Sydney tossed her phone back into her bag and sighed as she wondered for what could be the millionth time about what it was that made Lucy and her click. They were complete opposites, yet managed to share a familiarity with one another and as cheesy as it was, Sydney knew it was something that she loved having as part of her life.

Sighing, she pushed all thoughts out of her and looked dreamily at the pint of ice-cream on the floor that she had knocked down before. She picked it up and laughed when she saw a huge dent in the side of it.

Dent or not, coffee ice-cream was still as familiar as ever, and with a small smile on her lips, Sydney walked to the cash-register to pay for it.

TBC

:snorkel:

A/N: :rotflmao: That my friends, was boring little filler chapters at their boring-est, little-est and filler-est :rolleyes: :lol: But it sets the scene for future events. (Why is it that that’s the only excuse us writers can come up with for boring chapters? :Ponder: Hmmm…) And, since it was a chapter that probably bored you all to tears plus, it’s been forever and a half since I’ve updated, I’ll give you Chapter Fourteen which I think you’re going to like ;)

+
+

A/N: The coconut milk and white sauce thing in the first paragraph? :lol: Ignore it… MM memories *nod* (And if you don’t understand that either, don’t worry) Just keep reading ;) Oh! And the rake thing… you know how when you step on the spiky bit of a rake, it can lever up and the rod can hit you in the face? Yeah… that’s what I mean when I say that.

Chapter Fourteen​

There are some things in this beautiful world we live in that should never be paired together. Explorer socks and 35 degree heat. A paint can with no lid and an extremely high ladder rung. Coconut milk and white sauce. Water hoses, excess intake of sugar and the Principal of your school. Rakes lying on the ground and walking disasters. Little cousins and fake dart guns.

The list is endless.

However, the combination that tops the list, a feat that should never take place is something that was making Michael stare into his living room, visibly terrified.

His mother, sister and picture albums.

It was deadly, it was lethal, and it was something that was slowly making him possibly more nervous than he had ever been in his life.

Why?

The answer was simple and in the form of a small silver coloured device next to them.

His digital camera.

How they had managed to obtain it was beyond him, but the crust of the situation was that they had it, they had smiles on their faces and most importantly (and unfortunately), he had absolutely no source of weapon or defence upon him.

He stood, completely frozen at the entrance to the living room as he noticed another device in the room, another device that was making this more dangerous by the second.

The printer.

His eyes flew to the glossy photo paper next to them, the cable connecting the camera and the printer and his eyes widened.

Oh, sh-t.

He swallowed hard and cautiously stepped into the tomb of terror… er, the living room to make his presence known.

Standing there, staring at the way his mother and sister were giggling together made him remember one of the reasons why he had wanted to spend eight months on the other side of the country in the first place.

Lucy finally looked up and giggled when she saw the look of terror on his face.

“Awww… little Mikey… care to join us?”

He stared at her. “How the hell did you get you my camera?”

Lucy rolled her eyes. “I don’t know… it was just like, lying around in your room.” She shrugged. “So I got it and thought I should show Maman,” she said with a huge grin on her face.

Michael shook his head and plonked himself onto the sofa next to Lucy and a grin spread across his face as he spotted a pink album next to Lucy’s foot.

Ah, sweet revenge.

“Ok, laugh all you want, but that doesn’t mean I don’t get my fun.”

He swiftly grabbed the pink album and Lucy’s eyes widened as she realised just whose album it was.

“HEY! Give it back!”

Michael laughed and held it out of Lucy’s reach, thumbed through it and smiled as he saw pictures of a newborn Lucy bundled in a pink blanket, a three year old Lucy with spaghetti all over her face, a five year old Lucy on her first day of school, a twelve year old Lucy just before her dance recital, a fifteen year old Lucy completely drenched from the water fight she had just had. He continued flipping through before he turned to a page towards the end of the album and his eyes nearly fell out of his head.

The picture took up nearly the whole page and was of Lucy, Sydney and two guys who Michael didn’t know.

What was surprising about the picture was not that for the first time in his life, he was seeing Sydney Bristow in a dress.

A black dress, at that.

With her brown hair curled and piled on top of her head with a few strands hanging to frame her face.

No, none of that was surprising.

What was surprising was that she looked good. Really good.

And for some strange reason, Michael couldn’t tear his eyes away from her.

Ok… this is weird… But she looks gorgeous… Wait… this is Sydney, SYDNEY BRISTOW, yeah, as in the girl that I hate and-

Lucy caught him staring at the picture and leaned over his shoulder to look at it.

“Oooooh… I didn’t know these got developed!” She pulled the album onto her lap and turned to Michael. “Senior Prom. Best night ever.” She stared at the picture with a smile and Michael took a moment to collect his thoughts.

Brain switched on to the “on” button, check. Sydney Bristow switched on to the “hate” button, check.

“Wait… When was your prom?”

Lucy stared at him, confused. “Last year, in… oooooooh, right! That’s the week that you were in New York, checking out places and stuff. Come to think of it, it was probably the one night when Sydney had come over where we didn’t have to deal with your yelling.”

Michael glared at her and Lucy grinned back.

“So who’s the guy you took? And why don’t I know him?” If he touched her, I’ll kill him. Ok, soo he might be slightly over protective of his sister, so what?

Lucy rolled her eyes. “Tyler MacLauchlan, he was just my prom date. Nice guy, but kinda boring.” She shrugged.

“And the guy that Sydney took?” Michael immediately regretted the words the minute they came out of his mouth, but Lucy didn’t seem to notice anything out of the ordinary about the question and she frowned as she answer.

“Ben Harper. Biggest dickface in the worl-”

“LUCY!” Amélie joined in the conversation for the first time with a disapproving glance at her daughter.

Lucy rolled her eyes once more. “Sorry, Maman, but it’s true!”

Michael was thoroughly confused. He didn’t want to sound too interested, but there was something about the way that this Ben creature had his arms around Sydney in the picture that made him feel a little sick.

“Why?” He stared at Lucy and his mother. “What happened?”

Lucy sighed. “They went out for ages and everyone thought they were the cutest couple. Then about six months ago… to put it bluntly, he scre…” Lucy caught Amélie’s glare. “I mean, he slept with her and dumped her the next day.” She picked up another album and started flipping through it, like what she said wasn’t a big deal, but Michael stared at her in shock.

No wonder there had been something about different ever since he got back. He had first noticed it in the car ride back from the airport, but there had been something a little… sad about her, he couldn’t put his finger on it, but now everything made sense.

“Wait… she had a boyfriend? How come I didn’t know about this?” Michael gulped. Where had that come from? Why would he care if he knew if Sydney had a boyfriend or not?

But you do and you know it.

He ignored the little voice in his head and toyed with a loose piece of thread on the hem of his shirt as Lucy cast him a confused glance. “Not that you’d care, but all this happened when you were in New York. And… I didn’t exactly think that you’d want to be updating on her life when you were there.”

Amélie joined in the conversation once more. “Enough talk about that… poor Sydney has had enough to go through in the past few months without us digging up the past. Although I must say, she looked absolutely beautiful that night.”

“Sure, Maman, ignore me and talk about how gorgeous Syd was,” Lucy said with disgust. “I mean I’m not saying that she didn’t look totally hot but that blue dress there worn by that drop-dead gorgeous girl?” She pointed to the picture. “Yeah, now that is what you call style.”

Amélie shook her head and smiled. “What did I do wrong to bring you up like this?”

“Hey!”

They both laughed together and kept talking but their voices trailed off as Michael sat on the couch, still deep in thought, wondering what the hell had happened to him in the past half hour.

TBC

:snorkel:

Shattered Illusions PM List
6helterskelter6
!n@$en+
Addicted 2 Alias
ae_gurl293
aliasdancer007
Alias_Fan0202
aliasfan212
aliasisthebest
aliasrocks515
aprilsfool6
ASIOagent
atekamel
Bamse
berry_kyoote_spy88
blknight
BrownEyedGirl
buckeyealum2000
Cai
Carney4ever
Chicketepee
ChrisM
cupcake55
Elle_47
EnglandAddict2020
Fairyqueen2020
fire*N*ice
frangipani
freckles3706
grassyass
gucci_94
hannahb
i'm an aliasaholic
invisible
Jen-Jen
Kate_14
LaurenRachael
Lily Ella
Lovygirl
luckylass
maddy28
meghanlyn85
MH55995
Mistyville
Nancy O
secret_agent_angel
shelley g.
shotput25ash
smartgirl2004
Soccer22vartan
stealthy
stella1
superspy
syd26
Syd&Vaughn4eva
syd_kicks_serious_ass
sydneymicheal
SydneyVaughn47
tubby
tunita
twinkley_angel
vaughn&sydneylover
Vaughn-a-holic!439
vaughnsgurl4lf
vaughnshoney

yay!! you updated :lol: sorry it is kinda funny cause i was just thinking of this story earlier today :D
anyway that was great but poor syd...ben is a jerk
and vaughn is starting to realise his realling for syd :love:
i can't wwait to see what is going to happen next :smiley:

“But I swear to God it will last this time! I walked by the pet store this morning and all the little animals are sooooo cute… how can anyone be so cruel?”

Sydney rolled her eyes and laughed. “That’s exactly what you said the time before.

“Whatever, Syd, you believe what you want, but I’m determined this time. And…” Lucy’s voice trailed off. “Oh felgercarb, this means I’m going to have to give up those chicken crispy things, doesn’t it?” Lucy whimpered.
sounds like me about 3 years ago. i think the longest i lasted as a vegetarian was a month.

great update!

ETA: i read this awhile ago and i thought i asked for a pm, but apparently i didnt. so could u add me to your pm list please? :smiley:

OO Vaughn is starting to become very jealous!!!! (y)
-I hope he realizes it soon and doesn't try to ignore it!!
And Syd needs to stop going out with Danny!!!!
Great update!! Loved it!!

Thanks to those who replied (I'll try sending PM's again tomorrow since I just tried five times :cry: I hate it) and I'm so sorry to vartan-lova but you have now been added

Shattered Illusions PM List
6helterskelter6
!n@$en+
Addicted 2 Alias
ae_gurl293
aliasdancer007
Alias_Fan0202
aliasfan212
aliasisthebest
aliasrocks515
aprilsfool6
ASIOagent
atekamel
Bamse
berry_kyoote_spy88
blknight
BrownEyedGirl
buckeyealum2000
Cai
Carney4ever
Chicketepee
ChrisM
cupcake55
Elle_47
EnglandAddict2020
Fairyqueen2020
fire*N*ice
frangipani
freckles3706
grassyass
gucci_94
hannahb
i'm an aliasaholic
invisible
Jen-Jen
Kate_14
LaurenRachael
Lily Ella
Lovygirl
luckylass
maddy28
meghanlyn85
MH55995
Mistyville
Nancy O
secret_agent_angel
shelley g.
shotput25ash
smartgirl2004
Soccer22vartan
stealthy
stella1
superspy
syd26
Syd&Vaughn4eva
syd_kicks_serious_ass
sydneymicheal
SydneyVaughn47
tubby
tunita
twinkley_angel
vartan-lova
vaughn&sydneylover
Vaughn-a-holic!439
vaughnsgurl4lf
vaughnshoney

ANNOUNCEMENT:

Ok, here's the deal... I've sent half the PM's now (in lots of 10 *falls to floor*) and I'll do the rest tomorrow since I don't have time now...

Tres confusing I know, just bear with me, though...

PS. Laur, I've never been happier that I have your password... this way, I can see where I'm up to with PM's

The picture took up nearly the whole page and was of Lucy, Sydney and two guys who Michael didn’t know.

What was surprising about the picture was not that for the first time in his life, he was seeing Sydney Bristow in a dress.

A black dress, at that.

With her brown hair curled and piled on top of her head with a few strands hanging to frame her face.

No, none of that was surprising.

What was surprising was that she looked good. Really good.

And for some strange reason, Michael couldn’t tear his eyes away from her.

Ok… this is weird… But she looks gorgeous… Wait… this is Sydney, SYDNEY BRISTOW, yeah, as in the girl that I hate and-

AHAHAHHAHAHA HE'S TOTALLY INFATUATED!!!!! THEY LOVE EACH OTHER!!!! *dances like Freud on Clone High* HA HA HA HA HA HA YOU LOVE SYDNEY!!! :D

Thanks for the PM!

~Anja

Back