Shattered Truth

OK! I'm soooo sorry for not posting earlier, but I've been so busy this the first time I've had 2 write! So I've made it a longer chap than what I've posted before! Hope it settles some of the questions u posed after the first 2 installments! Enjoy and please review! Thanks ;)

Chapter Three: Unexpected Guest

Syd sprinted, her legs took her as fast as possible towards the end of the corridor. As she flew past she elbowed the fire alarm to alert other people in the vicinity. Just as she reached the fire escape, the bomb went off. The impact hit Syd hard and she was thrown down two flights of stairs, bowling over three heavily armed men in the process.

As a shaken Syd wearily came round, one of the well built men introduced himself with a well directed blow to the top of Syd’s head. Her last vision was the man’s face, and he looked strangely familiar.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“Vaughn! Hey buddy, where are you off to in such a hurry!” exclaimed Weiss, arrogantly swinging on the back of his chair, downing a cappuccino.
Vaughn flew past the door to Weiss’ office, striding towards Jack Bristow, all gun’s blazing.

“Why didn’t you tell me Sydney was assigned to a mission in Russia, I mean Russia of all places, are you mad, why didn’t you inform me, you had no right! And of all the covers in the world, why the hell is she called Sydney Derevko, are you trying to send out a homing beacon to Irina!”

“Excuse me Mr Vaughn, I had every right. The mission is of no concern to you and neither is her alias, for your knowledge it was Sydney’s suggestion.
And how dare you speak to me in that tone. Since you are no longer my daughter’s handler, what right do you have to be informed of this or any other of her mission’s for that fact. As her father, I believe I have a much larger and relevant right to that information that YOU!”

Vaughn was seething mad, thanks to Kendall’s interference, he had been removed as Syd’s handler and Jack was correct, he didn’t have any right to intel regarding her anymore. His only right to anything about Syd was in his heart. How he longed to hold her in his arms, to feel the touch of her soft skin against his face, to stroke her silky long hair and brush her sweet lips with his.

He sighed in desperation. His beloved Sydney was in a country fraught with danger, Sydney’s mother had made sure of that.

Irina Derevko, a KGB agent to the core, she didn’t care about Sydney and Vaughn had a sinking feeling inside that it was her doing that Sydney had been sent on a mission to Moscow. The last knowledge of Irina’s whereabouts’ was Russia’s capital and Vaughn knew that Sydney would do anything in her power to unearth the truth regarding her mother. Personally, Vaughn preferred to keep his feelings regarding Irina safely under wraps. The pain she had caused his family went deep and it cut Michael up to even acknowledge that the mother of the woman he loved had killed his father. It was a fact he chose to ignore in his feelings for Sydney which were stronger than ever now he knew she was in danger.

His thoughts turned back to her father, who at this point was striding down the corridor towards Devlin’s office.

“Don’t think you can get away with this Bristow” he yelled.

Bristow! God Michael what are you thinking, he’s going to hate that one!

Jack turned, face reddening with every breath.

“I’ve already got away with it as you put it Agent Vaughn, and you’d better hope that I forget that last comment, else you certainly wont be getting away with anything in the future!”

And with that, Jack turned the corner and stormed off.

Vaughn grimaced, Jack Bristow wasn’t high on his list of favourite people, on the contrary, he couldn’t stand the man. He had been absent for a good part of Sydney’s existence yet he still assumed he could dictate her life and make decisions regarding her missions with the CIA. His interference had caused Sydney inconvenience on a number of occasions and this angered Vaughn.

“You shouldn’t burn him the way you do Vaughn, isn’t going to help your situation is it” commented Weiss.
He had obviously been listening to Vaughn and Jack’s entire exchange of words, but what changed, Weiss never missed a thing.

Vaughn smirked.

“Eric, if you paid half as much attention to the growing number of calories you’re consuming and your rapidly expanding stomach, your body would be a whole lot better for it!”

Weiss choked on his hotdog. Vaughn grinned and turned, sarcastic comebacks from Weiss could wait, he needed to find out exactly where Sydney was. His heart could rest without knowing.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Sydney stirred. Vaughn was in her thoughts. They were standing alone, together on a sunset beach, hand in hand. Vaughn was whispering sweet nothings in her ear, how she was the only one for him, that whatever happened to them in their dangerous lives he would be with her, by her side. She felt eased by his words, how she loved him.

Reality crushed Syd’s comforting thoughts, and the sunset beach was rudely deposited back into the depth’s of her subconscious.
Sydney looked up into the eyes of her nemesis, and since their last meeting Sark hadn’t changed a bit.

“Miss Derevko, or should I say Bristow. A rather poor cover seeing as it was what brought your presence in Moscow to my attention. I presume it was bait for another member of your cherished family, but then again, she isn’t very treasured in your heart is she Sydney.”

Sydney went to stand and illustrate to that good for nothing her feelings regarding her mother but found that her hands and ankles were shackled into place.

“There there, my dear, we haven’t changed a bit have we, still the little spitfire as always. Well, best to keep that quiet for now.”

Sydney gritted her teeth. She watched how he paced across the room, still the arrogant creep she had almost disposed of. He stopped, and turned his ugly head.

“There’s someone I want you to meet, but then again, I’m sure you’ve met them before. Like myself, they wish to make your acquaintance again, and I’m positive the pleasure will be all theirs” he proclaimed.

Sark pulled back a dusty, green velour curtain and revealed to Sydney a dark shadow. As the figure stepped out of the darkness, Sydney’s heart skipped. Her face turned pale and she struggled to breathe!

*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*

ENJOY! (i Hope! :( :thinking: )

*~Loz~*

oh interesting...!! there's been a few fics that Danny have been back, some of them were well done, some of them weren't. Can't wait to see what you have in store :smiley:
--Mandy :angelic:

OMG! i totally posted the wrong version of this chap!! Danny wasn't the one behind the curtain, dammit! k, gonna edit my story, totally ruined it. Was spose 2 b someone else.!!!
Oh well, never mind, that could be a spoiler for you all as 2 what I'm plannin, maybe it isnt all that bad! LOL!

Muwahahaha! I'm catching devilishness from other authors *coughMANDYcough* LMAO! :lol:

Okay, juz for the record, i want 2 say a sincere apology for my useless posting abilities! In the future, may all my readers be assured that I will TRY to post correct chapters to prevent confusion!

:rotflmao: ROTFLMAO :rotflmao: - god, I'm such a ditz!

*~Loz~*

aliasgirl89 said:
Mandys always end in fluff though ( I hope this one does too)!
~ASH~
I'm gettin 2 that part, the fluff will come! starting with action and will get fluffy soon! Promise! ;)

*~Loz~*

cant wait 2 read more!! u have got cliffhangers @ the end of every chap *evil* . i luved the ending of the last chap and im definetly looking forward 2 the fluff

Huge apologies 2 anyone who reviewed my story, havent been able to update 4 a while, will do in next couple of days, hope people havent forgotten my story, i understand if u have and have lost interest. Oh well, i'll update the next chap in next few days and c response as 2 whether i carry on writing.

it's ok i've been really buzy 2 i just finished my huge pile of math homework and my english teacher just assigned another report. god i hate teachers. this is what she keeps saying to the class:

i know i u all hate homework but it'll help u later in life children need to remember the simple facts in life. (grrr she makes me so mad she sounds like she's talking 2 a class of 5 year olds. hello earth to teacher we r in 9th grade not kindergarden

Back