Ship Activities

Ooh it'd be interesting to see weather affect sailing. Like maybe a huge storm could make it harder to sail through, maybe even sink a ship?

French Kiss said:
Ooh it'd be interesting to see weather affect sailing. Like maybe a huge storm could make it harder to sail through, maybe even sink a ship?

Oh good one! Like taking the ship off course to an uncharted island and having everyone stranded there to figure a way back while something moves in the underbrush just beyond the beach.

Da-Da-Daaaaa!

I'd love to get stranded on a desert island. You'd maybe have to build a raft or something to get off the island. Or maybe it's not deserted at all! Maybe it holds a Ukar stronghold and you have to steal a boat! ...Yeah, #2's not nearly so sweet.

A lot of good ideas in this thread... I really like the ones with pirates attacking the ship. I would be great to sit in an inn and begin a story with: "So, we had set sail for [insert destination here] when suddenly a band of pirates boarded the ship. I quickly reached for my sword and..."

Sorry to burst your guys' bubbles, but I was reading something awhile ago about the game, something in the articles about boats.

Boats right now, I'm sure are used for set transportation, like EQ, Quest adventures, they're rigged, not free-driven.

Simu might change this later, who knows, I might also be wrong, but I do remember reading about boats that were for set quests as transportation, etc.

Found this somewhere else in the forums. I think this sort of answers or questions about boats. At least for now.

Back