Shipper?

from what I understand a shipper is a person who is a fan of the romantic relationship or the chance of a romantic relationship between two characters.

shipper comes from 'ship' in relationship but that might be really obvious. ^_^

the only origin i've ever heard its that is a contraction of relation ship, like noromo is of no-romance.

i was kinda wondering the same thing. i understood what "shipper" meant...but what i was wondering is...is it from alias or just a term that a fan came up with?

Sarahmañana said:
i was kinda wondering the same thing. i understood what "shipper" meant...but what i was wondering is...is it from alias or just a term that a fan came up with?
It's a general fan term, not specific to Alias. Check around and you'll see it in relation to just about every TV show out there. (Probably even books and movies, for that matter! :D ) No idea when it orignally started being used, but it's been around for a while. :smiley:

But I'm pretty sure it did come from "relationship." ;)

yep, its a interenet sord of thing on boards where they talk abuot relationships that they like. like angel buffy shippers or S/V, discuss about what they like about em. there's anti shippers too. if that make sence at all.

it's not alias only, it's been around way before alias.
ive seen it on books, like hp
on tv shows, like the x files ( im a total Mulder/Scully shipper)
etc,etc.

by anti-shippers, you mean noromos?
i use to go to a x files forum, around the 7th season, and we had some huge fights on the chat, shippers vs noromos, it was so fun!

Katayla said:
Sarahmañana said:
It's a general fan term, not specific to Alias. Check around and you'll see it in relation to just about every TV show out there. (Probably even books and movies, for that matter! :D ) No idea when it orignally started being used, but it's been around for a while. :smiley:

ah i gotcha now....

i never even noticed the "ship" in relationship lol :rolleyes:

Sarahmañana said:
Katayla said:
Sarahmañana said:

ah i gotcha now....

Hmm... neither did I. :D

But being a shipper is so much fun. Especially when you fight with the opposing shippers (CoughSarkCough) and all of the noromos (CoughWhat'sWrongWithYouCough). Excuse me. I just got a little opinionitis. :laughbounce:

Patomac said:
Sarahmañana said:
Katayla said:
Sarahmañana said:

ah i gotcha now....

But being a shipper is so much fun. Especially when you fight with the opposing shippers (CoughSarkCough) and all of the noromos (CoughWhat'sWrongWithYouCough). Excuse me. I just got a little opinionitis. :laughbounce:
Thats a lot of coughing. Oh and is there something wrong with sark :angry:

No, I did not say there was something wrong with Sark. I did not, however, say there was anything right with him either. :P I was saying that that whole Vaughn vs. Sark battle everyone was having a while back was, to say the least, very amusing.

And as I've said before, I have opinionitis. :D

i dont have anything against sark, unless he trys to steal sydney from vaughn
anyway, its not possible
so why worry?

Patomac said:
Sarahmañana said:
Katayla said:
Sarahmañana said:

ah i gotcha now....

I never notced the ship either. :P

i just always assumed it was meaning being a fan of a relationship. cause people around here keep saying things like a S/V Shipper. the S/V of course meaning Sydney/Vaughn. and from what y'all are saying, i guess i was right. right?

Back