Shop for anything at Amazon.com & help us out

Azhria Lilu

Captain
Buying something? Why not buy it online from Amazon.com and help us out at the same time?

Click here to shop at Amazon.com and support AllAlias.com (you must use one of these links to Amazon.com from AllAlias.com for us to get any credit for your purchase)

We especially need people to buy items that are NOT books, music, videos, or DVDs. - We greatly appreciate every and all purchases made at Amazon.com via us. It's just that to earn a higher commission on all items we need to sell more non-media items (things that are not books, music, videos, or DVDs).

Thanks for your support! It is your support that allows us to add features such as AllAlias.NET, chat, and help pay the regular bills too.

the_alliance said:
Charlie said:
It is your support that allows us to add features such as AllAlias.NET, chat, and help pay the regular bills too.
i thought that invisonfree was FREE (hence the name).
We don't use Invision Free. We use the Invision Forum software but it's located at AllAlias.com, a domain and space that Charlie pays for.

aliasgirl000 said:
wow! and it's powered by invision. k i get it now!
Yes. We use Invision Power Board. It's free, but I host it on my own server, which is not. AllAlias.NET isn't free, chat isn't free, and other things we are planning for the future aren't free.

smegheadalways said:
Don't you take donations?
No, we don't currently take donations, although if people are willing to donate I will set something up. Currently, everything is paid for by me. Hopefully the Amazon.com stuff will help out a lot.

Charlie said:
smegheadalways said:
Don't you take donations?
No, we don't currently take donations, although if people are willing to donate I will set something up. Currently, everything is paid for by me. Hopefully the Amazon.com stuff will help out a lot.
Okay, I see. Isn't this putting a dent in your wallet? Despite the Amazon stuff.

Actually ignore me, I'm just prying :rolleyes: .

Charlie said:
aliasgirl000 said:
wow! and it's powered by invision. k i get it now!
Yes. We use Invision Power Board. It's free, but I host it on my own server, which is not. AllAlias.NET isn't free, chat isn't free, and other things we are planning for the future aren't free.
wow! thanks for that. it's what makes the site rule!

aliasgirl000 said:
of course you should! and it helps charlie. lol!
It doesn't help me as much as it helps the site. If we have less money, it just ends up that we have less features added and less features renewed.

Milo47 said:
so you have to buy different features Charlie???
The chat, for example, costs $100/year. So I'm not sure if I'm going to renew it becuase it hasn't been used that much and is expensive.

AllAlias.NET is hosted on another account and so I have to pay for that, too.

I'm also going to purchase a product that will allow me to create more of a website feel, expanding the portal, it's kind of hard to explain.

a gotta pay for the site?
Yes. Hosting is not free (I have to pay for the right to put AllAlias.com on special computer called a server that is always on and delivers the pages to you), and a domain name is not free, chat isn't free, etc. etc. etc.

that sucks...
It's well worth it, actually.

Back