Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe

• No

• Both good AND evil

• Total voters
I think that she's not exactly good but not exactly evil. She's shown us that she can feel so she's not totally cold, but there is something cold about her, but hey I still think she's great!

And as to the question posed in the heading, what defines good? Cuz Syd has prob killed as many ppl as Irina...isn't murder punishable by law, and god? So is syd good? And if syd isn't good, how can Irina possibly be good?

Well, I think she's good...a good role model :D

K. Ackles said:
And as to the question posed in the heading, what defines good? Cuz Syd has prob killed as many ppl as Irina...isn't murder punishable by law, and god? So is syd good? And if syd isn't good, how can Irina possibly be good?

Well, I think she's good...a good role model :D
Nobody is truely good, like what Lena said in her interview, she was so right. The thing about Sydney is that she's never killed in cold blood, well from what I've seen, whereas Irina. let's just say that's a totally different story. It says in the bible that you are allowed to kill in self defence to protect your own life.

Your right IMO she is a good role model (y)

K. Ackles said:
Cuz Syd has prob killed as many ppl as Irina...
Not hardly!!! We're talking about someone who has been an agent since the 90s and killed a few people in self-defense vs someone who has been an assassin since the 70s and has not only carried out assassinations but routinely kills (rather than disables) opposing forces during missions. We can certainly tot up the K-Directorate casualties and other deaths carried out on her orders as the head of a criminal organization (The Man). I'd say the two totals aren't even remotely comparable!
:blink:

verdantheart said:
K. Ackles said:
Cuz Syd has prob killed as many ppl as Irina...
Not hardly!!! We're talking about someone who has been an agent since the 90s and killed a few people in self-defense vs someone who has been an assassin since the 70s and has not only carried out assassinations but routinely kills (rather than disables) opposing forces during missions. We can certainly tot up the K-Directorate casualties and other deaths carried out on her orders as the head of a criminal organization (The Man). I'd say the two totals aren't even remotely comparable!
:blink:
In K. Ackles defense you can see where she's coming from, because okay Sydney hasn't killed as many people as Irina but she's killed her fare share and to go home and not let it get to you, now that's puzzling. Even if these people where "bad guys" they could still have wives or sons/daughters who don't know what they do and they're innocent in all of this.
Actually when I come to think about it I'm contradicting myself :rolleyes: So I'll be quiet now!

I can see making the point that Sydney has killed people in self-defense (Irina certainly has too, and probably more than Sydney just in that category given the number of years she's been in the business); however, given that Irina was/is an assassin (Sydney is not) and the head of a criminal organization that ordered people's deaths (which Sydney most certainly is/was not!), I think that the comparison is ludicrous. Sorry.
-_-

verdantheart said:
I can see making the point that Sydney has killed people in self-defense (Irina certainly has too, and probably more than Sydney just in that category given the number of years she's been in the business); however, given that Irina was/is an assassin (Sydney is not) and the head of a criminal organization that ordered people's deaths (which Sydney most certainly is/was not!), I think that the comparison is ludicrous. Sorry.
-_-
Your are right VH, but I think that Syd and Irina are similar, in some ways. I think that Syd has a darker side that doesn't exactly rival Irina, but it's their..somewhere.

:smiley:

Sure, Sydney has traits that she shares with her mother, and I'll go so far as to say that she probably does have the potential for a very dark side. However, that side has not been seen yet, so it's really unfair to judge her on it, and fruitless to try to debate it at this point. But if pressed on this hypothetical, I'd have to say, well, I'd picture Sydney's dark side as being more similar to Jack's than Irina's.
;)

Interestingly, Jack has been known to express concern for the poisonous influence Irina has on Sydney. Check this out from "The Counteragent:"

JACK [to Sydney]: Of course we have a choice, and it's a moment I never wanted you to face. To kill someone. I'm not talking about self-defence, I'm talking about premeditated murder. To be there when the door closes on him for the last time. Knowing you are responsible. That is something you never came close to considering before getting to know your mother.

This was not just Jack's anger toward Irina talking here. As the summer goes on, I find myself liking Irina less and less in some ways. No, her life has not exactly been a bed of roses since she disappeared 20-odd years ago. And after being betrayed by her own country after she did what they asked her to do, she probably felt she had nothing better to do than to turn to a life of crime. But as Jack says here, we have choices. Irina made hers. Jack doesn't want to see Sydney poisoned by this business as Irina has been -- as he himself has been to some degree. We all know he's made decisions that wouldn't bear too much moral scrutiny. This is exactly why he wants Sydney out of this business. I thought that was what Irina wanted too.

But back to the question at hand -- no, Irina should not be "good" -- that is simply not believable, given how her character has been drawn. What, is she going to turn herself back in to the CIA, turn over to them whatever she has in the way of Rambaldi artifacts, disclose any information she has about Sydney's "missing" two years, and prepare to face the consequences of her past actions? I hardly think so. It would make for a fascinating scenario, but not even Irina has that much courage.

i didn't like Irena b 4 but now i do like her and i want her to be good but in reality (alias reality) i think she is both. i mean she can never really be good since she has already done so much bad. Come on people you can't love her TOO TOO much she killed hottie's father!! lol hahahaha now vaughn is fatherless b cuz she ended his life (killed him)

lauren vartan :surf:

Come on people you can't love her TOO TOO much she killed hottie's father!!

I say good for that. It gives the moron some character.

I think Irina should just be Irina, and go with the flow.

And as to that convo at the top of pg 3, Syd may not have killed as many ppl as Irina, but Irina never had the choice, without putting her neck on the line, and look how many ppl Syd has killed. Remember the guy who got thrown into the airplane's propellar(sp?). That may have been self-defence, but it's a bit much?

I'm not saying that either of them are out-right cold-blooded killers, but they each did what was necessary in the possitions they were in. It's that simple! (well...I think someone will argue that, but ok ;) )

Back