Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Both good AND evil

• Total voters
K. Ackles said:
but Irina never had the choice, without putting her neck on the line,
I'll argue that. Irina has gone beyond what was necessary. Frequently.
;)

I knew you would!!! :lol:

I suppose you are right. I'm not going to admit that I'm wrong, but you are right!

Put Syd under the K-Directorate, and see if she doesn't do the same thing. I reckon it's a product of circumstance.

K. Ackles said:
Put Syd under the K-Directorate, and see if she doesn't do the same thing. I reckon it's a product of circumstance.
Oh, sorry! I guess that makes it all right, then! :lol:

OK I think I voted Yes b4 but I have since changed my mind...

I think she should be good for Sydney and Jack and herself with the rest of the nation. Let me explain...

I think she is already good for Sydney and Jack in the sence she would do anything for them. now I will let you all argue with me because when it comes to Irina it seems you tend to.

VH are you being sarcastic, or are you actually agreeing with me??? I'm confused...

Hah, Vaughn is such a dork. He doesn't hae any character, I don't care what anyone else has to say.

K. Ackles said:
VH are you being sarcastic, or are you actually agreeing with me??? I'm confused...
I wouldn't say "sarcastic," more like "ironic."
^_^

No, we just have a difference of opinion here, I think. I have a tendency not to grade on a curve. (That is, Irina's background doesn't make her actions somehow more "OK." It's not like there aren't plenty of upstanding moral people where she came from.)
;)

Interesting points from all of you.

I'm confused with the poll though. "Should Irina be good or evil?" Yes/No doesn't exactly answer the question...

I believe she is evil. She is out to achieve personal gain, however she still has a strong sense of care for both Syd and Jack, so she'll help help them out ocassionally; and if its all part of her master plan, the better in her case.

i think she should be both!

its much more fun when she keeps you guessing, and the fact that she's conflicted on issues makes it even better.

of course, she's my favorite character, so that probably influences my decision

Well VH, as long as we can agree to disagree. This probably won't make any sense, but her background doesn't make it more OK, it justifies it. i mean, not in a good/bad way, but we can see why she does it, due to her upbringing. If she was brought up in CIA care, maybe she would be more good, as it is, she seems to be more on the bad side. I'm not saying whta she has done is right, but it's what she was trained and conditioned to do.

She should be good, basically because the evil characters have already been "set in place" and Irina hasn't yet, so therefore she should "come to the side of the good"

Milo47 said:
the evil characters have already been "set in place"
I don't think that's necessarily true for anyone, "good," bad," or "mixed" (and I place a lot of the characters in the mixed category). I believe that Alias (like BtVS) is one of those wonderful dramas in which characters can change and grow for better or for worse. If you use facts at hand, the jury's out on Irina with facts leaning toward evil--ameliorated by her apparent love for Sydney and (we guess; it's less demonstrated) Jack. This is why I'm keeping an open mind.
;)

I believe she is evil. She is out to achieve personal gain
I beg to differ. I honeslty don't care. I don't think she's good and I don't think she's evil either. This is Alias, things aren't just black or white. She loves Jack and Syd and that's all that matters to me.

Manu said:
I beg to differ. I honeslty don't care. I don't think she's good and I don't think she's evil either. This is Alias, things aren't just black or white. She loves Jack and Syd and that's all that matters to me.
You are so right on that. I agree 100%

** says sarcastically** OH YEA SHE SHOULD B A GOOD LITTLE SPY MOMMY AND BAKE COOKIES FOR THE CIA, hahah yea rite she should b i dunno but not good! i picked maybe! :smiley:

jess
irina rox!

Well...

Irina is not black or white

She was a Kgb spy and did bad things

She's obsessed with Rambaldi and for that did bad things

BUT she loves Syd, no doubt, which is good and in spite of her treason, we know by all those tears earlier in the show that she made that against the love she has for a daughter

(is my English clear, i'm not sure, i hope u understand what i mean :rolleyes: )

anyway, we don't really know and that's exciting :devil:

Back