Season 4 Should Alias Be Moved 2 Wednesday?

Should Alias be Moved???

• Should be Moved to Wednesday

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Should get its regular time-slot back

• Should Switch Networks

• Don't Care

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joziah

Cadet
I heard that Alias was Being moved 2 Wednesday w/ LOST last week and i was wondering what everybody else thought about it....

First of all... Hi and welcome to AA... :eek:ldhi:

Second of all... I hadn't heard that it was actually being moved, what I heard was speculation on the move to Wednesday... Which isn't such a bad idea... alot of people would rather see Alias follow Lost on Wednesday's vs. Alias following Extreme Makeover: Home Edition on Sunday's.... I believe Alias following Lost would also boost the Alias fan base.... (y) (y)

if Alias is moved to Wednesdays ... that would be fine with me ... I didn't vote, because I am sure ABC has more options than only moving it to Wednesdays ...

what I would like, I don't know about you ... but I think ABC could just put it after Desperate HouseWives at 10pm on Sunday nights ... and even if it stays on after Extreme MakeOver: Home Edition ... this show is getting around 13 million viewers a week, so it wouldn't even hurt Alias if those watching EX-MO continue watching Alias ... ;)

and BTW its only speculation ... ABC hasn't decided yet ... ;)

also :welcome: to AllAlias and have fun around ... ;)

Being that I live in Australian I'm indifferent to which night it airs over there. Our network will likely bury it at some ungodly hour next year so who knows.

I do however support any move that lifts its ratings which in turn will see it last just that little bit longer. If it does move and it works well for Alias, that's great. Otherwise, doesn't bother me.

Since Desperate Housewives is doing great on Sundays and the nets love to do well on Sundays, I think Alias will be moved--and unless Boston Legal tanks, it won't be to 10/9 Sundays. ;) I think Wednesdays is a likely target (to create an action/adventure block), unless they decide to put it in NYPD Blue's old home (Tue 10/9 pm), where it might have a good chance of survival. I've also heard some talk of Mondays, which will be open after regular-season football, but I'm not sure I'd wish it the competition of CSI: Miami.

aliasfanjay said:
Being that I live in Australian I'm indifferent to which night it airs over there.
[post="1034256"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Hopefully you'd like it in a timeslot where it will do well (which means not in that Thursday night slot I saw suggested by one ill-advised fan ;))--so that it's ratings won't tank and it won't be cancelled.

verdantheart said:
Hopefully you'd like it in a timeslot where it will do well (which means not in that Thursday night slot I saw suggested by one ill-advised fan  ;))--so that it's ratings won't tank and it won't be cancelled.

Oh, of course. I meant it didn't bother me in the sense that it won't matter to me which night it airs because I dont live in the US.
Definatly, I'd love it to move on a night where it can get the best lead in and either continue with solid ratings or preferably improve to keep it going. If a Wednesday night move will do it after Lost for sure. And no, I know enough about your schedules to know it needs to stay away from Thursday nights! ;)

Noo I like it on Sunday... it's just cause it's always been Sunday and I'm so used to it being on Sunday. It's like "yay it's Sunday! That means Alias is on!" Plus I have homework on the weekdays and sometimes I might not have time to watch Alias and then I would kill myself cause I never miss episodes!!!!

i just heard this morning that DH and lost were given a full season by abc. looks like something is gonna change. anyway, i vote wednesday cuz i think it will get the best ratings there.

well i guess i dont really want it to move
but if it does move it better be moved to wed after lost cuz that would be AWSOME!!!!!!

My Wednesdays are already too crowded (I already have to record Smallville because of Lost), and this would add something else to watch & record. But I'd be willing to do it, especially if it means better ratings. ;)
✌️

For other shows, I would've said don't move it, because people who are used to seeing it on Sundays will get confused and won't know where to look for it. THose are usually the casual viewers. Of course with Alias, that's different, because alias has no casual viewers. If you watch Alias, you've pretty much followed it week after week, so you'd find out when it was airing during the fall.

I actually wouldn't mind it being on Wednesdays. I think there is a lot of Sunday nigh competition from other networks, and Wednesdays, as far as I can tell, is wide open in terms of what's on the other networks.

I think it would be a great idea to move Alias to Wed. after Lost. Maybe it will help Alias get better ratings. People that like Lost & have never seen Alias may be willing to stay tuned & check it out. Hopefully ABC will promote it as a BIG Wed. night line-up & it will create some buzz. I read in the Daily News that Desperate Housewives was picked up for nine more shows & will remain on Sunday nights through the May sweeps.

luvalias47 said:
I think it would be a great idea to move Alias to Wed. after Lost.  Maybe it will help Alias get better ratings.  People that like Lost & have never seen Alias may be willing to stay tuned & check it out.  Hopefully ABC will promote it as a BIG Wed. night line-up & it will create some buzz.  I read in the Daily News that Desperate Housewives was picked up for nine more shows & will remain on Sunday nights through the May sweeps.
[post="1036875"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Me likey this idea. Especially with how well Lost has been doing, it'll be a great lead-in. And it'll be like the night of J.J. - LoL

yeah, i think lost would be a better lead-in than DH because it would have the 9 e/p timeslot, and they could promote it as a huge jj abrams action night.

freakforalias said:
First of all... Hi and welcome to AA... :eek:ldhi:

Second of all... I hadn't heard that it was actually being moved, what I heard was speculation on the move to Wednesday... Which isn't such a bad idea... alot of people would rather see Alias follow Lost on Wednesday's vs. Alias following Extreme Makeover: Home Edition on Sunday's.... I believe Alias following Lost would also boost the Alias fan base....  (y)  (y)
[post="1033689"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

NOOOO! Because it would face CSI: Miami, the season's 2nd highest rated show!

What about Tuesday or something. BUT Alias needs a good lead-in.

ALIAS_RULES said:
NOOOO! Because it would face CSI: Miami, the season's 2nd highest rated show!

What about Tuesday or something. BUT Alias needs a good lead-in.
[post="1037053"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Excuse me? In most of the country, CSI: Miami is on Monday at 10E/9C, not Wednesday 9E/8C, which is the post-Lost slot that we were discussing. (And CSI:NY is at 10E/9C on Wed.) :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back