Season 4 Should Alias Be Moved 2 Wednesday?

Should Alias be Moved???

• Should be Moved to Wednesday

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Should get its regular time-slot back

• Should Switch Networks

• Don't Care

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
verdantheart said:
My Wednesdays are already too crowded (I already have to record Smallville because of Lost), and this would add something else to watch & record. But I'd be willing to do it, especially if it means better ratings.  ;)
✌️
[post="1036725"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I've got America's Next Top Model, Smallville, & Lost on Wednesdays already. America's Next Top Model re-runs on Saturdays, thankfully, & I have my brothers (who watch it anyways), tape Smallville & just watch Lost. Adding another show, would hurt me. I have tons of homework, & can usually manage to spare an hour to watch a little tv. But that's it. One hour, not 2. & let's say Alias does move to a weekday. Please, don't let it come on at 10pm or later! I hate watching shows that late because I usually wake up at 5am, & I don't get enough sleep as it is. There's homework, extracurriculars, etc. Pretty much, weekdays would be horrible for me. If we did have to have it then, I'd prefer it on Mondays or Fridays, Friday for the obvious reason, & Monday because I don't have any shows I watch then, so I'd have some time free.

Bah. I want my Alias on Sundays. Alias was meant to end the weekend on a positive note. I don't know... I'd follow it anywhere...even to the middle of the night on the day before a huge final. I'd still watch.. I heart Alias :D

I don't think alias should be moved to Wednesday. More people might not watch it on Wednesdays because of homework, sports and other after school activities. Alias might lose some viewers because they didn't have time to watch it. Sunday would be better because it's on the weekend and watching it at the beginning of the week is a great way to start your week.

*MercedesCC*

luvalias47 said:
I think it would be a great idea to move Alias to Wed. after Lost.  Maybe it will help Alias get better ratings.  People that like Lost & have never seen Alias may be willing to stay tuned & check it out.  Hopefully ABC will promote it as a BIG Wed. night line-up & it will create some buzz.  I read in the Daily News that Desperate Housewives was picked up for nine more shows & will remain on Sunday nights through the May sweeps.
[post="1036875"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

It seems definate that the move will happen. For those that haven't seen any news on it:

'Housewives,' 'Lost' Earn Full Seasons
Wednesday, October 20 01:25 PM

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) In one of its easiest calls in several years, ABC has given full-season orders to its two first-year hits, "Desperate Housewives" and "Lost."
Given the out-of-the-box success of both shows, it's almost a little surprising the network waited this long to make the announcement. "Desperate Housewives" is the most-watched new series of the season -- and third overall -- while "Lost" is No. 3 among first-year shows (CBS' "CSI: NY" is second).

"'Desperate Housewives' and 'Lost' each bring something unique to the table, and we're thrilled that audiences responded from day one," says Stephen McPherson, president of ABC Entertainment. "Creatively, these two shows only continue to get better."

The two shows have also provided a boost for McPherson, who helped develop them as head of Touchstone TV and put them on the air when he moved to the network in the spring. They've helped reverse the slide the network has been in for the past few seasons, during which several top executives have been shown the door.

The darkly comic soap "Desperate Housewives," which stars Teri Hatcher, Marcia Cross, Felicity Huffman and Eva Longoria, has drawn more than 20.8 million viewers per week through its first three episodes. It's the most-watched show on Sunday night, and just as important, draws a stellar 9.0 rating in the ad-friendly demographic of adults 18-49.

"Lost," meanwhile, has emerged as the dominant program in its 8 p.m. Wednesday spot. The drama about plane-crash survivors from J.J. Abrams ("Alias") and Damon Lindelof ("Crossing Jordan") averages about 17.6 million viewers a week and has improved the network's 18-49 ratings for the hour by 40 percent over the comparable period last season.

Fueled by the two new shows, along with "Monday Night Football" and "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition," ABC is one of only two broadcast networks, along with CBS, to improve its ratings over last year in the early part of the season. ABC's total-viewer numbers and adults 18-49 ratings are both up about 5 percent.

The two ABC shows join NBC's "Joey" and The WB's "Jack & Bobby" in earning full-season orders.

The "Desperate Housewives" pickup also creates a dilemma -- albeit one ABC executives are probably happy to have: what to do with "Alias" when it returns in January.

The network said at its May upfront presentation that "Alias" would return to its old 9 p.m. Sunday spot at midseason. But while the show has an intensely loyal fan base, its ratings have never approached those that "Housewives" is now drawing in the time period. The network may have to do some schedule juggling to find it a home.

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/...1328|1|,00.html

I imagine JJ would see bittersweet about the news, with his new shows being huge and Alias being almost certain to move nights. I can appreciate people happy about the move to a Wednesday night after Lost, but I dont think boosting Alias ratings will be as simple as that, if possible at all.

The one thing that would make people want to watch Alias if it was after Lost would be the idea that they can make sense of what is going on. If people don't know the story etc. then it just like trying to sell it on any other night. Its a wasted effort.
If JJ were somehow able to make the first episode a sort of new begining for people have never seen Alias then the lead in from Lost would work. It's one thing to sell the night as a JJ Abrams night, but if people don't get attatched or seem interested straight away, then its screwed.
I mean something like the episode after the superbowl in Season 2 or something along those lines. Plus, make it a episode similar to Q & A or something.

Well, Jay ... I think JJ has that in mind ... and thats why we have "Authorized Personell Only" part 1 and 2 ... I think what he wants to do, with this is show new viewers what happened to Syd, why she is where she is ... and what Alias is all about ... ;)

ETA:

I just voted to move "Alias" for Wednesday nights ... at 9pm ...

but I was thinking ... since "the Bachelor" is finishing in 2 weeks ... shouldn't ABC dare to start "Alias" new Season in the 2nd week of November instead of January ...

they could do it ... I mean, what are they gonna do with the 9pm slot if "the bachelor" is gone ... :thinking:

i think its a terrible idea...i mean, ABC is jsut brushing off Alias for Desperate Housewives, which I think is stupid. they are completely forgetting about the one show that was keeping ABC alive before this hot new s*** came up.

once again, i am dissappointed in ABC. If I was JJ, I'd offer the show to another network (and we know that other networks would take it), and it would do soo much better.

aliasfanjay said:
It seems definate that the move will happen. For those that haven't seen any news on it:
http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/...1328|1|,00.html

I imagine JJ would see bittersweet about the news, with his new shows being huge and Alias being almost certain to move nights. I can appreciate people happy about the move to a Wednesday night after Lost, but I dont think boosting Alias ratings will be as simple as that, if possible at all.

The one thing that would make people want to watch Alias if it was after Lost would be the idea that they can make sense of what is going on. If people don't know the story etc. then it just like trying to sell it on any other night. Its a wasted effort.
If JJ were somehow able to make the first episode a sort of new begining for people have never seen Alias then the lead in from Lost would work. It's one thing to sell the night as a JJ Abrams night, but if people don't get attatched or seem interested straight away, then its screwed.
I mean something like the episode after the superbowl in Season 2 or something along those lines. Plus, make it a episode similar to Q & A or something.
[post="1037377"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I hated the Q & A episode. I thought it was boring. Maybe something more like the superbowl episode, where there's more action & stuff, & it's more of what a typical Alias is like.

Alias_Gay said:
Well, Jay ... I think JJ has that in mind ... and thats why we have "Authorized Personell Only" part 1 and 2 ... I think what he wants to do, with this is show new viewers what happened to Syd, why she is where she is ... and what Alias is all about ... ;)

ETA:

I just voted to move "Alias" for Wednesday nights ... at 9pm ...

but I was thinking ... since "the Bachelor" is finishing in 2 weeks ... shouldn't ABC dare to start "Alias" new Season in the 2nd week of November instead of January ...

they could do it ... I mean, what are they gonna do with the 9pm slot if "the bachelor" is gone ... :thinking:
[post="1037431"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

But, the Alias cast probabaly isn't done filming the episodes yet.

Former Follower said:
i think its a terrible idea...i mean, ABC is jsut brushing off Alias for Desperate Housewives, which I think is stupid. they are completely forgetting about the one show that was keeping ABC alive before this hot new s*** came up.

once again, i am dissappointed in ABC. If I was JJ, I'd offer the show to another network (and we know that other networks would take it), and it would do soo much better.
[post="1037515"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I think it's sad too. But if it were on another network, say, Fox, wouldn't it have been canceled already? Because of it's less then stellar ratings compared with other shows the network may air?

--Jenn :juggle:

i agree, but what i meant was a channel that already has shows like alias; large fan cult following, but wonderful unique material that other networks fail to notice because of it's "ratings" or things along that line. shows like Buffy, etc. ABC is close-minded in my mind, (no pun intended), but someone else, like The WB, FX, TNT, Bravo (i know TNT has picked it up for re-runs, but if the situation called for it...)....

Former Follower said:

[post="1037515"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I disagree that ABC is "brushing off" Alias. After all, they committed to an entire season after a sub-par season (including ratings-wise). However, they are in business and they would be stupid to move their #1 show for something that is rated well out of the top ten, no matter how much of a critical darling it is. I love Alias, but I'm a realist, and if I worked for ABC, I'd be looking for the best slot to move Alias to myself.

And, y'know what? If I were ABC, I'd be looking for the best spot possible for Alias, because, guess what? The other show in the top 10 for them is Lost. ABC isn't going to be looking to insult JJ Abrams anytime soon, and he's got plenty of other offers rolling in right now as it is. And, really, I think Mr Abrams understands ABC's situation--and he asked for the extra time and realized that this situation might crop up. He always wanted an 11/10 slot for Alias in the first place for content reasons, although I'm not sure whether there's a really good one available right now (unless they want to move Boston Legal).

verdantheart said:
Excuse me? In most of the country, CSI: Miami is on Monday at 10E/9C, not Wednesday  9E/8C, which is the post-Lost slot that we were discussing. (And CSI:NY is at 10E/9C on Wed.)  :confused:
[post="1037155"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

But the west wing is on at that time slot and thats a popular show

🇳🇴 It'd be waaaaaaay to complicated for me if it moved to Wed....

but I guess it would be really good for the ratings....

--Cynthia :apple:

"Alias" on Wednesday night after "Lost?" Why not? I think it would benefit both shows -- though I have to admit I haven't watched "Lost" yet. I'm not taking any chances on another JJ Abrams show until I have a look at season 4 of "Alias." :jack1:

Former Follower said:
i agree, but what i meant was a channel that already has shows like alias; large fan cult following, but wonderful unique material that other networks fail to notice because of it's "ratings" or things along that line. shows like Buffy, etc. ABC is close-minded in my mind, (no pun intended), but someone else, like The WB, FX, TNT, Bravo (i know TNT has picked it up for re-runs, but if the situation called for it...)....
[post="1037805"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

If it were shown on cable though, wouldn't they lose ratings, because not everyone has cable, &/or those specific channels? I know I wouldn't be able to watch it if it were on cable. & The WB? Isn't that a family network? Sort of?

--Jenn :juggle:

I'd be kinda screwed if it was moved to Wednesday, I took on some hard courses a year, where if I'm lucky, I'll have an hour to spare heh. Hmm I guess I'll wake up early to do some work if it does get moved...

I think Alias should be moved to Wednesdays after Lost, since Lost is doing so well in the ratings, if Alias is shown after Lost then the ratings for Alias and for Wednesday night should be great for ABC.

It doesn't matter if "Alias" should be moved or not. ABC would be crazy to move Desperate Housewives with the ratings it is getting in that timeslot. I think "Alias" will do ok if it airs after "Lost".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back