Politics Should protitution be legal?

Itz the MT said:
SpongeBobSquarePants said:
Silverdewdrop said:
I'm going to the Netherlands this summer.. Kind of off topic, but hey.
Maybe you'll bump into Misha........if you do........RUN! He'll probably try to sell you weed :lol:

~~Spongy!
Haha, you're trying to ruin my reputation.

oh cool! where exactly?

We don't hear a lot about The Neatherlands over here.

you miss a lot then :eek:
I'm from Canada, and I hear a lot about the netherlands, cuz lots of my friends are dutch...well they're not too distant ancestors were. I'm staying with my friend's relatives, close to Amsterdam I think. Anyway offtopic, sorry. Of course my friend calls it Holland, cuz that's what her grandparents knew it as I'll assume, but its officially the Netherlands isn't it?

SydneyFan said:
things about eastern europeans (at least the men), yet you weren't even sure if Holland was an eastern european country or not . If you didn't even know that, how can you generalize a group of people you obviously know nothing about? As an american myself who lives in europe (northern europe, but I guess you don't know where that is either. here's a hint...... it's NORTH), I get embarassed when americans like you draw conclusions/make assumptions on something you have no experience with. Have you ever been to any eastern european countries? I've been to Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, the baltic states (you even know what those are?), etc... I've always had a great time in eastern europe, and the people there are just lovely. I suggest you hop on a plane, and experience first hand the good nature of the people there before you go making generalizations.
Canada's always been North to me. Who cares where Europe is anyway? :lol: All the good TV shows are from America. :P oh yeah, yay, prostitution!!
Have you seen tv shows from any other countries. Cuz England has some good Tv, and so does Canada.

Oh and back on topic, I think they just matched DNA for aobut six more missing women in B.C at the Picton farms. There's still some remains found that they can't match to any of the missing prostitutes on the list. But they're some really relieved families now, to finally know what happened to their missing family member. What happened on that farm was horrific, and its proof that prostitutes, whether the trade is illegal or not, should be eduacated on how to protect themselves, even if they can't always, and there should be a bad johns list they can refer to. Bad Johns Lists are a really good idea. (for those of you who don't know what that is, that's a list of either pictures/descriptions of men that you don't get into the car with)

Silverdewdrop said:
Itz the MT said:
Silverdewdrop said:
Maybe you'll bump into Misha........if you do........RUN! He'll probably try to sell you weed :lol:

~~Spongy!
Haha, you're trying to ruin my reputation.

oh cool! where exactly?

We don't hear a lot about The Neatherlands over here.

you miss a lot then :eek:
I'm from Canada, and I hear a lot about the netherlands, cuz lots of my friends are dutch...well they're not too distant ancestors were. I'm staying with my friend's relatives, close to Amsterdam I think. Anyway offtopic, sorry. Of course my friend calls it Holland, cuz that's what her grandparents knew it as I'll assume, but its officially the Netherlands isn't it?
Cool! You'll like it here. ;) And Holland & The Netherlands are both official names.

Sydney said:
Is it just me?.....or does everyone else hear the sounds of FLAMING! :rolleyes:

You say these negative things about eastern europeans (at least the men), yet you weren't even sure if Holland was an eastern european country or not :lol:.

First of all.....IT WAS A FREEKIN JOKE! How bad is your sense of humor if you can't tell the difference?!

Second.......I didn't bring up the East-European men conversation, I added to it. Yet, only I get flamed?

Third.......Did I say I was a geography major? No! I admit it! I suck at it......nuff said about that :lol:
So flame me on that again.......I could care less.

If you didn't even know that, how can you generalize a group of people you obviously know nothing about?

Again.......it was a flippin joke!.........I watch TV and things are said about every person on the face of the planet...........I'm a French-German Canadian I hear stereotypes about every one of those countries........I don't take it to heart because it's a JOKE!

As an american myself who lives in europe (northern europe, but I guess you don't know where that is either. here's a hint...... it's NORTH),

WOW! Thank you for telling me this :eek:
I was afraid that I lived in the Southern hemisphere! Now I know better ;)

I get embarassed when americans like you draw conclusions/make assumptions on something you have no experience with.

I'm not American........I'm Canadian........go ahead and flame Canadian's now. I could care less.

.........these are my opinions!

I am sick and tired of you chasing me around the serious discussion forum making comments that are directed at me as a person, such as referring to me as being “stupid”, “ignorant” and overall making fun of every post I make. You do not know me! Nor do I know you…...yet, you attack me? For what? Do you get some sort of satisfaction from sitting in front of a computer screen name-calling people you have never even met?
Yes………I have attacked people’s opinions and posts when I disagree with them. But to DIRECTLY criticize them as a person, post after post…….sheesh!
I’m sure you’ll roll your eyes at this and stick your head up high thinking you know what is right and what is wrong………well go right ahead.
There is a complete difference between attacking peoples opinions and attacking people!
Yes! Maybe I’m ignorant because I’m not wealthy enough, nor is my health good enough, to fly around the world touring countries. That isn’t a luxury that is available to me.

I’ll end this by saying……I am not trying to flame you or anyone else…….I have opinions, as do you. I am simply defending myself because I can’t bite my tongue anymore……….just because you don’t agree with my opinions, that doesn’t mean I’m stupid………..to you, I’m just a screen with a nickname and text. So to attack my intelligence and integrity based on that fact……isn’t that ignorant?…………nuff said. -_-

~~Spongy!

Is it just me?.....or does everyone else hear the sounds of FLAMING!  :rolleyes:

I called you ignorant. If you think it's a flame, fine. Then again, YOU referred to a whole race of people as "ewwww", "rough" & "hard". If I flamed you, what do you call that?

First of all.....IT WAS A FREEKIN JOKE! How bad is your sense of humor if you can't tell the difference?!

Second.......I didn't bring up the East-European men conversation, I added to it. Yet, only I get flamed?

Third.......Did I say I was a geography major? No! I admit it! I suck at it......nuff said about that   :lol:

1st, nice way to save yer @ss by saying it was a "joke" :rolleyes:. I don't find racist stereotypes funny, so I guess that means I DO lack a sense of humor as you said.

2nd, the person who brought up the eastern european conversation was stating some statisics about prostitution over there. Statistics and racial stereotyping are 2 different things. Just tell me if you want me to give you some examples.....

3rd, having admitted that, I suggest you keep your uneducated "opinions" to yourself. You have no right to an opinion on something you have no experience with.

Again.......it was a flippin joke!.........I watch TV and things are said about every person on the face of the planet...........I'm a French-German Canadian I hear stereotypes about every one of those countries........I don't take it to heart because it's a JOKE!

Once again, I don't find racial stereotyping funny like you do.

I'm not American........I'm Canadian........go ahead and flame Canadian's now. I could care less.!

Okay, I should have said "north americans". I didn't check your profile, my mistake.

I am sick and tired of you chasing me around the serious discussion forum making comments that are directed at me as a person, such as referring to me as being “stupid”, “ignorant” and overall making fun of every post I make. You do not know me! Nor do I know you…...yet, you attack me? For what? Do you get some sort of satisfaction from sitting in front of a computer screen name-calling people you have never even met?
Yes………I have attacked people’s opinions and posts when I disagree with them. But to DIRECTLY criticize them as a person, post after post…….sheesh!

Hey, I'm able to be civlized and if you look through my post log you'll see that I've participated in friendly conversations with you too, and posted in your recent movie threads, etc... You have a very SELECTIVE memory. You also have major double standards. You've ripped a new @sshole for plenty of people at AllAlias, yet when someone fires back, you can't seem to take it. You asked me if I take satisfaction from "sittting behind a computer screen name-calling people I've never even met"??? I think you need to ask YOURSELF that question! Look through your post log and remind yourself of some of your finer moments here :lol:

I’m sure you’ll roll your eyes at this and stick your head up high thinking you know what is right and what is wrong………well go right ahead.
There is a complete difference between attacking peoples opinions and attacking people!
Yes! Maybe I’m ignorant because I’m not wealthy enough, nor is my health good enough, to fly around the world touring countries. That isn’t a luxury that is available to me.

I'm not even close to being wealthy. I survive, but I'm not rich. My job REQUIRES me to travel abroad. And don't even start on the health issue, because I have a medical condition myself which I'd rather not discuss here. Fine if you're not able to travel the world. Most people aren't. Having said that, you have no right to an opinion on a group of people YOU'VE never met. See where your double standard sneaks in again ;)???

I’ll end this by saying……I am not trying to flame you or anyone else…….I have opinions, as do you. I am simply defending myself because I can’t bite my tongue anymore……….just because you don’t agree with my opinions, that doesn’t mean I’m stupid………..to you, I’m just a screen with a nickname and text. So to attack my intelligence and integrity based on that fact……isn’t that ignorant?…………nuff said.  -_-

~~Spongy!

I never called you stupid. Don't put words in my mouth. I'm trying to be as civilized here as I can be. As for my "opinion" about you being ignorant.... Well, that's not ignorant :smiley:. It's true, and you've proven that all throughout your post. Need I dissect it some more?

peace

EDIT: I don't know the correct way to chop posts up and reply to them, so all my replies to you Spongy are up there in this big ol' box above......

Guess I'm ignorant ;) :P

Itz the MT said:
It is legal in the country I live in, and I think it's a good thing. People who really want sex can go to them, instead of raping someone.
Whoa there buddy. I have to say I totally disagree here with the rape comment.

Rape is NOT about sex. It is about power, degradation, and control over someone. Brutalizing them in the worst possible way. Rapists DO NOT RAPE to get off on sex. They rape because they like to hurt.

Legalizing prostitution is not an answer to eliminating rape.

Itz the MT said:
For example, when a peadophile wants to have sex.. he has no choice but raping a kid. He does not do that because he wants to look powerful or something, he ONLY does it because he really wants sex and there aren't any options.. like.. prostitution!!
Again, no. A pedophile is turned on by younger children. They will not just have sex or rape a younger child because they have no other options. Not all pedophiles are hideous, overweight, deformed people. There are pedophiles out there who are incredibly attractive. There is no, "I can't have sex, so I'm going to rape a child" though that goes through their head.

An average heterosexual male is turned on by females.
An average homosexual male is turned on by males.
(same with females)
A pedophile is turned on by children, and therefore, has sex with children.

Trust me, its not hard to get consentual sex. People aren't FORCED to find prostitutes because they can't get laid.

Sydney said:

Third.......Did I say I was a geography major? No! I admit it! I suck at it......nuff said about that   :lol:

1st, nice way to save yer @ss by saying it was a "joke" :rolleyes:. I don't find racist stereotypes funny, so I guess that means I DO lack a sense of humor as you said.

2nd, the person who brought up the eastern european conversation was stating some statisics about prostitution over there. Statistics and racial stereotyping are 2 different things. Just tell me if you want me to give you some examples.....

3rd, having admitted that, I suggest you keep your uneducated "opinions" to yourself. You have no right to an opinion on something you have no experience with.

Once again, I don't find racial stereotyping funny like you do.

I'm not American........I'm Canadian........go ahead and flame Canadian's now. I could care less.!

Okay, I should have said "north americans". I didn't check your profile, my mistake.

Hey, I'm able to be civlized and if you look through my post log you'll see that I've participated in friendly conversations with you too, and posted in your recent movie threads, etc... You have a very SELECTIVE memory. You also have major double standards. You've ripped a new @sshole for plenty of people at AllAlias, yet when someone fires back, you can't seem to take it. You asked me if I take satisfaction from "sittting behind a computer screen name-calling people I've never even met"??? I think you need to ask YOURSELF that question! Look through your post log and remind yourself of some of your finer moments here :lol:

I'm not even close to being wealthy. I survive, but I'm not rich. My job REQUIRES me to travel abroad. And don't even start on the health issue, because I have a medical condition myself which I'd rather not discuss here. Fine if you're not able to travel the world. Most people aren't. Having said that, you have no right to an opinion on a group of people YOU'VE never met. See where your double standard sneaks in again ;)???

I’ll end this by saying……I am not trying to flame you or anyone else…….I have opinions, as do you. I am simply defending myself because I can’t bite my tongue anymore……….just because you don’t agree with my opinions, that doesn’t mean I’m stupid………..to you, I’m just a screen with a nickname and text. So to attack my intelligence and integrity based on that fact……isn’t that ignorant?…………nuff said.  -_-

~~Spongy!

I never called you stupid. Don't put words in my mouth. I'm trying to be as civilized here as I can be. As for my "opinion" about you being ignorant.... Well, that's not ignorant :smiley:. It's true, and you've proven that all throughout your post. Need I dissect it some more?

peace

[/quote]

EDIT: I don't know the correct way to chop posts up and reply to them, so all my replies to you Spongy are up there in this big ol' box above......

Guess I'm ignorant ;) :P [/quote]
I'm not going to reply to anything you just said because if I do.......this will go on and on and on, etc etc.

All I will add to that is that it is obvious that you really dislike me....shock! :lol:
So I think it's better that you ignore me and I'll ignor you so this doesn't turn into a war on AA. I have seen these arguments take place to the point where people have been kicked-off or just left.........I don't want either to happen to me because I like most of the people here.
You're not doing me any favors by posting in any of my threads.......I could care less if you do or don't....I just wont reply to anything you say any more.....therefore this conflict can just end now. -_-

No more flaming

Peace :flowers:

~~Spongy!

Hey fine Bob, ignore me if you will. You can bet that I'll still respond to any of your posts that stir a strong reaction out of me (be they good or bad), if I feel like doing so. Ignore them if you want :smiley:

Rapists DO NOT RAPE to get off on sex. They rape because they like to hurt.
I think that's a very simplified version of a rapists psyche. It's also possible that they carry alot of pain around with them. There is a reason for everything, no matter how ugly it might be.
Trust me, its not hard to get consentual sex. People aren't FORCED to find prostitutes because they can't get laid.
I think that is incredibly naive. There are millions of people(men and women, who have difficulty obtaining sex. They don't commit rape as a result, but the mere fact that prostitution exists should tell you something about the supply and demand side of the situation. If there wasn't a need or a want for it ,it wouldn't exist. The girls would sit out there with no Johns. But that doesn't happen. There is a never ending supply of people who would otherwise have a hard time obtaining sex.
Have you seen tv shows from any other countries. Cuz England has some good Tv, and so does Canada.
I was only joking Silverderdewdrop, partially anyway. Just being a rebel :P to Sydney's Kidney. :lol: I do like American tv the best. I can think of Benny Hill from England that I used to like and Kids in the Hall I think was from Canada was pretty good. But I like The good old usa the best for television.

SydneyFan said:
I was only joking Silverderdewdrop, partially anyway. Just being a rebel :P to Sydney's Kidney. :lol: I do like American tv the best. I can think of Benny Hill from England that I used to like and Kids in the Hall I think was from Canada was pretty good. But I like The good old usa the best for television.
Yep...........Kids in The Hall is from here. So is SNL since it was started by Torontoian Lorne Micheals.

British TV: Mr. Bean...........love that guy :D

Yah, USA TV is the best.........but even it is starting to suck with poor writing and reality.

"Who wants to marry a bachlor who is an Average Joe from Survivor?" :lol: :lol:

:eek:fftopic: I'm aware of that.......but I had to add that ^_^

~~Spongy!

Yah, USA TV is the best.........but even it is starting to suck with poor writing and reality.
YES!! Reality TV sucks!! Except fear factor. Is that reality tv? I like the one for a million dollars with the couples. It's really good I think. Really!! But over all I think Prime time has great shows in America. Once in awhile another country gets something that's real good and we copy it like Survivor came from another country I know and that English show about the office.

Mr. Bean? Rowan Atkinson? I forgot about him? That show was great, but Johnny English sucked. (n) (n) (n)

SydneyFan said:
YES!! Reality TV sucks!! Except fear factor. Is that reality tv? I like the one for a million dollars with the couples. It's really good I think. Really!! But over all I think Prime time has great shows in America. Once in awhile another country gets something that's real good and we copy it like Survivor came from another country I know and that English show about the office.

Mr. Bean? Rowan Atkinson? I forgot about him? That show was great, but Johnny English sucked. (n) (n) (n)
For reality shows, I only like The Amazing Race. I'm a thrill-seekin' travel buff, so that show is just my cup of tea (y)

There are plenty of great British shows like The Young Ones, Keeping Up Appearances, Absolutely Fabulous, Knowing Me Knowing You with Alan Partridge, and Eastenders ;). j/k about Eastenders :lol:. I LOVE the other shows I mentioned though!

again, way :eek:fftopic:

SydneyFan said:
again, way off topic  :angry:

Should people really post this after rambling on for half a page? :lol: I mean really.
I don't think so, but as you and I have discussed in private before... some people tend to go mental if you get off topic :blink:.

In real life conversations go off topic all the time. That's what discussion is! One topic leads to the next, and so on.... I don't see the big deal, but just to keep the mods happy, I add the little off topic smiley when I do rant on about sumthin' else.

YAY! Prostitution!   
It's really easy to go random on this site.......haha!

:lol: :lol: :lol: Yay prostitution!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

In real life conversations go off topic all the time. That's what discussion is! One topic leads to the next, and so on.... I don't see the big deal, but just to keep the mods happy, I add the little off topic smiley when I do rant on about sumthin' else.
Oh I see. I thought you were aimin him at me. :lol:

Yay prostitution!!! :eek: :lol: :lol:

Obsessed with Jen said:
Itz the MT said:
It is legal in the country I live in, and I think it's a good thing. People who really want sex can go to them, instead of raping someone.
Whoa there buddy. I have to say I totally disagree here with the rape comment.

Rape is NOT about sex. It is about power, degradation, and control over someone. Brutalizing them in the worst possible way. Rapists DO NOT RAPE to get off on sex. They rape because they like to hurt.

Legalizing prostitution is not an answer to eliminating rape.
Maybe for a part, but the other part is about sex... I'm sure the rapist DOES enjoy the sex. If he didn't he probably would hurt the victim in a totally different way. And THERE ARE people who rape because they can't find any other way to get sex! So that part of the rapists would be eliminated.

Again, no. A pedophile is turned on by younger children. They will not just have sex or rape a younger child because they have no other options. Not all pedophiles are hideous, overweight, deformed people. There are pedophiles out there who are incredibly attractive. There is no, "I can't have sex, so I'm going to rape a child" though that goes through their head.

What exactly do you want to say what that? you really think a little kid WANTS to have sex with them because they look good or something?? Of course not! It's just a matter of endless talking and putting pressure on them, so it seems like normal sex instead of raping. But there is NO WAY that the child does NOT regret having sex with such an 'attractive' man, in the worst case they'll even blame themself. But you can't tell me that a 8 year old would enjoy having sex with a 30 year old, because he looks attractive. At that time, the child may not know what he/she's doing at that time.. but later they will for sure.

Back