Should the Matrix Reloaded Have Been Rated R?

Hi guys! I just saw this movie yesterday for the first time and I thought it was amazing. The Wachowski brothers did a great job of expanding the original, groundbreaking movie into a sequel that had the same kind of innovative feeling to it. I loved it! Well...I'm sure you're not interested in my review so here's my question:

Should this movie have been rated R? I personally don't think so. The violence is MUCH less bloody and graphic than that of either Lord of the Rings movie and a lot of other PG-13 movies I have seen. Also, there was very little strong language and the sex was in no way graphic (yeah, we saw Trinity's butt, but what about Titanic, and NYPD Blue!!!) So yes, I'm very very happy that this movie has been as successful as it has been, but I think it could have done even better if it had had the rightful rating, PG-13. Let me know what you think!

PS. I'm going to see it again on Friday with my best Alias bud!

I heard that if there is any kicks to the head then it is automatically rated 'R'. I disagree but o well. And Titanic had WAYWAYWAYWAY more graphic sexuality than The Matrix Reloaded - i mean, whats a butt? :lol:

ISpy10 said:
I heard that if there is any kicks to the head then it is automatically rated 'R'. I disagree but o well. And Titanic had WAYWAYWAYWAY more graphic sexuality than The Matrix Reloaded - i mean, whats a butt? :lol:
I totally disagree with the whole kick to the head thing! Why are head kicks so bad? Not that seeing butts is bad, but thats worse than head kicks! I'm with you on this one, ISpy 10.

Yea, unfortunately its rated R here in the USA. And my dad saw it and says I can't see it! AAAAAAAAA :banghead: What am I gonna do? I have to see Matrix Reloaded!!! :D

Alias_twin5 said:
Yea, unfortunately its rated R here in the USA. And my dad saw it and says I can't see it! AAAAAAAAA :banghead: What am I gonna do? I have to see Matrix Reloaded!!! :D
NOOO that's so unfair! just sneak in! :lol: the trailer looks amazing!!!!

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>psst... vote for gaia!</span>

Hate to tell you this, but the censors are much more sensitive to sex than they are to violence. It probably shouldn't be that way, but them's the breaks.
-_-

Well I went with my brother (who's 18) and the ticket ripper lady didn't even look at our tickets, so we got lucky. I'm going to see it again this weekend, I thought it was such a great movie!

What did you all think?

feeling_like_a_spy said:
in canada, it's rated 14A... that means u can watch it by yourself if you're 14 or older. I guess we have a different rating system here
Awww...you suck! my friends and i are 14, but in the USA the movie's rated R...

Canada is a cool country...

the park fight scene was just so disappointing to me. I mean it looked like Neo was a video game character. So horrible....
the Freeway scene was sooo badass!

Yeah, the park scene did get a little boring, and I thought it was stupid that Neo took the time to fight all the Smiths when he could just fly away like he did at the end. The freeway scene was AWESOME though, maybe because Neo wasn't in it haha. Trinity and Morpheus were soooo cool in that, I loved that scene!

hehe of course Brian ^_^

The only part of the movie that bothered me was one part of the park scene, where i could tell it was computer generated. ok, i know i look too closely... :lol:

Back