Should the Matrix Reloaded Have Been Rated R?

Vaughn_Lovah said:
the park fight scene was just so disappointing to me. I mean it looked like Neo was a video game character.
I think the same, I was a little disappointed coz before the movie comes out everybody was expecting this scene ! And finally this is not so ...

i thought it was rediculous that it was rated R. the sex was not graphic at all, violent, but not gorey, and not too much language. I bet the numbers on how many people went to see teh movie were thrown off because soo many people like myself had to buy tickets to a different movie and then sneak in. Think about how much money the movie wouldve really made if teens could buy tickets for it!!

My philosophy teacher prefered the first like me, and he also thinks it was a little mess ! And he liked the sex scene !

Yea that was pretty creepy.
I have to say the first was way better. There were more guns,action,violence,profanity...ya know all that good stuff. ;)

I think Trinity was really great in this movie, she brought a lot of emotional depth. That was kind of scary when they had those things from when they were "imprisoned" on their backs, but I think it kind of were their "battle scars" and showed everything they had been through.

I also liked the first one more but this one was great too. I can't wait for REVOLUTIONS!

Vaughn_Lovah, I am also sooo happy they made these movies at the same time. I mean, when the first movie came out I was only 12 so when I saw it I was like...ok, so what happens next? I couldn't believe that they hadn't made a sequel yet and that we were going to have to wait so long for the next one. I have been waiting for these movies for such a long time that 6 months more for Revolutions isn't going to be that bad for me. I just hope that Revolutions has A LOT of closure because I know there isn't going to be a 4th and I couldn't stand having loose ends knawing at me for the rest of my life!

Oh I know, ever since I heard that they were making 2 more a few years back Ive been going crazy waiting for it. 6 months shouldn't be too hard. Its better than 4 years.
Im still so disappointed with the special effects with this one. :(

OK I have made a goal not to watch rated R movies which simply means: I can't see Reloaded, at least not until it comes out on DVD so my friend can skip whatever it was that made the movie rated R. So, why is it rated R, should it be rated R? :(

Nad said:
OK I have made a goal not to watch rated R movies which simply means: I can't see Reloaded, at least not until it comes out on DVD so my friend can skip whatever it was that made the movie rated R. So, why is it rated R, should it be rated R? :(
just about all the good parts. The violent fighting scenes, sex scene, some swearing. all the good stuff, you might as well not watch it. :(

Nad said:
Why won't you watch R rated movies? No offense, but some of the finest films ever made were rated R, in my opinion. I don't think Reloaded should have been rated R because the violence was not graphic or bloody, there were only a few minor swears, and the sex was not really very sexual at all. I don't think many people would have been upset if this movie had been rated PG-13, I've seen PG-13 movies I thought were much more objectionable than this such as the Lord of the Rings movies (much much more graphic, bloody violence) and Titanic (more sexual). In other words, see it, you won't be disappointed.

Back