Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

• no, unless they have bad vision

• Total voters

GO Syd

Cadet
what do u think about elderly people and driving? especially after that car crash with the elderly man in SoCal that happened over the summer. It made it even worse that he accelerated into the market as opposed to stopping (obviously if he doesnt know the difference he shouldnt be driving)

i dont think there should be a law unless their vision is bad, which they wouldnt be able to drive anyways, regardless of their age. maybe they should be tested more often on their driving, but thats as far as i'll go

I think there should be a law that after they turn a certain age they have to have a check up of some sort every so often.
I was in the DMV a few weeks a go and there was this old man that could barely see trying to get a license. Also an old woman using a walker but she didn't seem to have anything wrong with her.

No, I think not until they're able to drive no more. (That made sense, right?) Lol.
Anyway, they have that rule already right now.
kylo4

many accidents involve elderly people and teenagers, a combination of slow drivers and fast drivers. I find it really irritating to be behind a car driven by an elderly person. Most of them are so sloooooow.

My boss is a mean 77. And let me tell you, I've been in a car with him. HE SHOULD NOT BE BEHIND THE WHEEL!!!! He stops at greens, goes at yellows and reds. He would pull in front of others, my eyes closed ready for impact. I've seen him pull into the drive at work, not coming in the part you're supposed to, but right over the median into our parking lot.

I'm not saying all elderly people are like this, but a good majority are. I think they should be tested to weed out the bad from the good. Just as I believe that teenagers should be tested every year or so to make sure they still understand the rules of the road.

Back