Should there be evil players as well or not?

Should HJ have evil players as well?

• Total voters
Honestly I think if a jury decides that someone needs to die for a crime, they're all evil. In a game or in the real world.
Also we all know Paladins are evil. Using a god as an excuse to execute and execute, bah.. At least a sociopath has a good excuse.
I'm evil because the first group I want to group with when HJ becomes live (in beta or launch) is with Hunl, Kuzzle, and Daax. I will dub our team.. OH SNAP, crackle, and pop -----es! Oh and arnold_z, from hence forth known as.. ARNY Z is invited as well.

Actually, a Paladin is not SUPPOSED to kill people, so that execution theory is rather off.

Well, I did not know crackle was an effeminate man, but eh.. ^^ Also, how does grouping with non-evil aligned people make you evil?

Paladins in both worlds are told to execute those that do not follow the same religion as the order they're a part of. A paladin is not a cleric, they're an armed branch of a religious organization. They're armed for a reason. Might want to check into the Templar Knights and the Inquisition.

Paladins in both worlds are told to execute those that do not follow the same religion as the order they're a part of. A paladin is not a cleric, they're an armed branch of a religious organization. They're armed for a reason. Might want to check into the Templar Knights and the Inquisition.

In the real world, read the fantasy stuff, a Paladin is supposed to use non-lethal means to stop fights in most cases, except vs most opponents of opposite alignment.

Also, that is what they are told because people interpret their own religion that way when in fact it is not..

Even in D&D which most fantasy stems from they can kill as long as it is an opposite aligned person. Or depending on their patron deity they can nutes too who don't agree.
Pallys are killers with an excuse since they're "Lawful" Good.

And police are supposed to do what's right for the people. Still, a lot of people have a good reason for distrusting them that doesn't always involve them being bad people.

And police are supposed to do what's right for the people. Still, a lot of people have a good reason for distrusting them that doesn't always involve them being bad people.

Yeah, but Paladins aren't "Good". They're just "Religious". Therefore, to people of their religion, they seem goo; To others, they don't.

Oh, and police... Some of them really are bad people, and that's why they became cops. There are plenty of cops up here who only became cops because they crave authority. Not all of them are bad, but that's like saying that not all politicians lie. *shrug*

Police does not equal Paladins though. Oh, and Paladins are religious true, but they also uphold the values of "Good" and "Law". Police can be religious, yes, but then again, they do not have to really be "Good" they just have to be Lawful.

Police does not equal Paladins though. Oh, and Paladins are religious true, but they also uphold the values of "Good" and "Law". Police can be religious, yes, but then again, they do not have to really be "Good" they just have to be Lawful.

As has been said, one man's "Good" is another man's "Bad". If you're just boiling everything down to D&D rules, that makes sense. Otherwise, it doesn't. There is no universal "Good deed list" thing.

As has been said, one man's "Good" is another man's "Bad". If you're just boiling everything down to D&D rules, that makes sense. Otherwise, it doesn't. There is no universal "Good deed list" thing.

and I was boiling it down to D&D....this is roleplay afterall not the real world.

But not every single game is DnD and to someone like me who did NOT start roleplaying through DnD roleplaying is just like living in another world. It is like living in a book, where things are not always black and white unless it's just a little children's story. The world, and this includes any fantasy world worth it's salt, is not that simple and it would be boring if it were. There's a reason they have jokes about this in Order of the Stick.

Yes, but anything roleplaying is based around the rules of D&D. Thus why the comparison. No one said or suggested it was black and white.

Hence why there is a Lawful,Neutral, and Chaotic Variant of each subtype.. There are variations within everything.

Yes, but anything roleplaying is based around the rules of D&D. Thus why the comparison.

Cops & Robbers is based on D&D?! :eek: It all makes sense now! The world is right, once more! :P Technically, it's RP. Anyway, not all RP is based on D&D. That's like saying all boats are based on Viking Longboats, or something. It'd be awesome, but it's not entirely true.

Cops & Robbers is based on D&D?! :eek: It all makes sense now! The world is right, once more! :P Technically, it's RP. Anyway, not all RP is based on D&D. That's like saying all boats are based on Viking Longboats, or something. It'd be awesome, but it's not entirely true.

Not on but using the rules. Every roleplay uses some rules like that while formulating their own.

I thought all roleplay for me was based off of the game called "Let's Pretend." Rules there? You pretend what the person said was happening really happened and it would turn into a story. The game was over if someone started going on about anything outside of the game. I think, truly, those are the most basic of the rules now even and DnD went off of a childhood game like Let's Pretend.

Either way, it's not really relevant to the topic here. Hero's Journey isn't another DnD, they already have an mmorpg for that. Hero's Journey is Hero's Journey and should not be submitted to the table top rules of DnD. It should be submitted to the rules of Hero's Journey.

I thought all roleplay for me was based off of the game called "Let's Pretend." Rules there? You pretend what the person said was happening really happened and it would turn into a story. The game was over if someone started going on about anything outside of the game. I think, truly, those are the most basic of the rules now even and DnD went off of a childhood game like Let's Pretend.

Either way, it's not really relevant to the topic here. Hero's Journey isn't another DnD, they already have an mmorpg for that. Hero's Journey is Hero's Journey and should not be submitted to the table top rules of DnD. It should be submitted to the rules of Hero's Journey.

<slaps his forehead> No one seems to grasp the point..

That Paladins are "Good" and "Lawful"? As I've said "Good" is subjective, and "Lawful" really only means you agree with the local lawmakers.

That is correct but besides the point since we already approved this for viewing pleasure.

Anyhow, I was talking to Pinnelipe strictly.

(Mainly because I knew you understood in your Kuzzle way.. -_-)

Back