Feedback Shoutbox Access

Chatboxes on forums like this are a bad idea anyway.

And that is your opinion, however, I will be keeping mine, it is up, and it will continue to run. I'm not sure why you are here suggesting things. If you have a site, why aren't you focusing on it?

Just stating my opinion am i not allowed to?

Absolutely. If you are going to give an opinion, why not expand on it. You just flatly stated it was a bad idea. Nothing more. We value opinions here. We look for suggestions every day.

As far as the shoutbox is concerned, it will be staying. Its an easy way to chat during an episode.

Sorry should have elaborated a little more having a shoutbox decreases the amount of activity a forum gets hints the reason you made that restriction. Don't get me wrong its your forum do with it as you please but if i was you i would not have a shoutbox private messages work good. Also i believe with Xenforo you can add members to a conversation privately am i right?

Sorry should have elaborated a little more having a shoutbox decreases the amount of activity a forum gets hints the reason you made that restriction. Don't get me wrong its your forum do with it as you please but if i was you i would not have a shoutbox private messages work good. Also i believe with Xenforo you can add members to a conversation privately am i right?

Travis

The shoutbox serves the purpose of what I added it for. To chat during the show (and when it returns, I don't think 20 posts will be an issue for anyone). Currently, not much is going on in The Walking Dead world. Our content has steadily increased as our membership has increased. Some users actually don't like using the shoutbox at all, even though they have the ability to do so. I do agree, in certain forums, a shoutbox can deter from posting. In the case here, it is used more of a privacy type thing. I'd rather have people that WANT to be here, and have posted and contributed be able to even see what we are discussing, our plans for site improvement, etc... than to just register and view it. We usually discuss plans/ideas with our core members before doing anything, and the shout is a quick easy way to accomplish that. 20 posts is not much at all, that is easily attained without spamming. There are plenty of topics here to respond to, as well as creating their own.

I hope that answers why we have chose to keep our shoutbox....

Yeah also chatting during the show thats a great idea and makes me want to add the shoutbox to my forum when the show returns

Also i apologize for advertising here that was wrong of me.

Back