Shows That You Miss

sugababyboo

mrs. charlie
There are a number of shows that have been cancelled or have ended that I really do miss. So, to help soothe my broken heart I thought we could all chat about them here.

1. Buffy-My Tuesdays feel so weird and emtpy because now, there's nothing really on. I just loved everything about the show and miss seeing how the Scooby gang is doing. I always looked forward to Xanders quips along with Buffy's. All the actors were perfect for their roles and Joss's writing was just amazing. It's unfortunate how it was recognized by the industry, damn you Emmys and Golden Globes!

2. Angel-The ending ticked me off! I was really looking forward to the "telefilms" but I've found out that those are now a long shot. I want to know who survived and what they're doing! Also, I want to know if Buffy dumped that guy she had been seeing in Rome. I thought she was still "cookie dough and needed time to bake" and be alone??? I'm a B/A shipper all the way! In my heart, I believe a relationship between them can work.

3. Friends-I know that it hasn't even been a year yet but now I really have nothing to associate the end of the week with anymore. Well, Will and Grace but they're not Friends. I think Joey is a OK show but like everyone else, I loved seeing the six of them together. Let's hope for a reunion!

4. Boy Meets World-Even though this show was a comedy, they did drama so well. All the actors did such an excpetional job for their young age. I honestly believe that this was one of the most underated shows , partly because it was TGIF but it was the best one! They grew up and so did the humor and that is usually a challenge for writers and considering this show was on ABC/Disney I'm surprised they got away some of the college years humor. They talked Cory and Topanga's sex life (before and after they got hitched), homosexuality (Eric had outed a guy on the show, this was the only time they ever said the word "gay" but there was a another time when it was referenced. I clearly remember Morgan saying, "I think he's into guys if you know what I mean) None of this can be seen on the reruns on ABC family or Disney because they have been edited out. Shawn and Angela were the first interacial couple on a television show for young adults. The writing just got better throughout the years, especially the humor and drama. I want a reunion too!

5. Roseanne-I'd like to call this show a slice of life. Unlike many other shows, the actors were not glamourous looking, they had people who looked average but were also great actors as well. The Connor family were the normal kind of dsyfunctional and their problems were not always resolved in one half hour. They had featured many people who are not usually on television a lot like black people, gays, overweight and the working class. Like Boy Meets World they knew how to mix drama with comedy. The finale was the usual happy ending, but it was one that fans of the show could have lived with.

I miss Buffy and Sex and the City. I hate that there are no more new episodes and that both series left with things still unresolved. Granted, they gave everyone an ending, but there would still be more stories to be told!

hotpot said:
I miss Buffy and Sex and the City. I hate that there are no more new episodes and that both series left with things still unresolved. Granted, they gave everyone an ending, but there would still be more stories to be told!
[post="1182693"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I recently got into Sex and the City this past summer because my sister has HBO on demand. Before this, I saw a handful of episodes because my sister had rented them. I do agree that there are still more stories to be told. I personally, want to know if Big has really changed. And, I want to see how Charlotte and Harry raise their little Chinese baby. How long does Samantha stay with Smith?

sugababyboo said:
I personally, want to know if Big has really changed.  And, I want to see how Charlotte and Harry raise their little Chinese baby.  How long does Samantha stay with Smith?
[post="1185587"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
YES!! I really want to know about all of those things! I know I keep hearing rumors going back and forth about whether there will ever be a movie made because one of the women always seems to be holding out.

It seems as if the only person that seems hesitant is Kim. She did want the same salary as SJP and did say in an interview that she did not like how SJP got paid the most.

Well, I think that it's fair that she got paid the most because she was a producer, the lead and the show's narrator.This show wasn't like Friends where there wasn't a lead character. All the characters had one person in common, Carrie. Without her, they probably would have never met.

Also, I think that all the actresses want to get their feet wet and try different things as well. However, I still want a movie to be made and I'm patient enough to wait for one.

FARSCAPE :depressed: Oh I miss Farscape so! It's this show on the Sci Fi Channel but I just loved it so much. I was really happy that they made a miniseries after the finale but I think that if they wanted, they could continue it in maybe another miniseries, maybe another season or so. I wanna see what happens to John and Aeryn's son. How will he grow up? What will it be like b/c he's half human half sebacean? how does crichton lead life? will moya and the rest stay in the uncharted territories? *sigh* I miss this show so much.

Some have ben said before:

X-Files--right when I was starting to fully grasp it :(
Seinfeld---right when I started understanding their sophisticated comedy :(
The Nanny :lol: It was funny :(
Full House :lol: It was funny as well :(

I can't remember anymore :Ponder:

Yes, but it sucks how some of the episodes are censored and that two of them are actually banned. They do choose to play one of my favorites "Chick Like Me". Rider Strong makes one pretty girl and Cory is hilairous in drag.

Back