Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alright.

• felgercarb!!

• Total voters
Hated it.

IMO:

The plotline was easy to follow, but was pretty dull. I didn't like the whole "darkness" coming thing. I mean if these people are supposedly trapped in this little girls nightmare, why would it ever stop? In addition, the ending of the movie lacked explanation. Why was she still trapped in the white tint world? Was she dead along with her daughter? Were they still trapped in the little girl's mind?

It also had way too much blood and gore. That felgercarb was just grotesque. I'm not sure who's mind it came out of, but ripping off a woman's skin and throwing it at the main character was just overboard in my opinion. Reminds me of a game I saw a few years ago where you run around peeing on things and stabbing people with the cross- that's how pointless I thought the movie was.

No offense or anything, I just really didn't like it.

i always wanted to see this movie... i was to scared to play the game... i dont like dooms day games where is 1 person vs the world

i played silent hill (the first one) on playstation way back in the day. think i was about 14. i had all the lights off down in my basement. walking into an abandoned elementary school and hacking up little kids will never ever be erased from the memory bank. that title was genuinly scary. but i don't think ill see the movie. it seems they are making movies of every videogame ever. i was so pissed when they made DOOM, i wanted to use a WMD. however

i am really looking forward to HALO the movie. Alex Garland is attached to write the script, which is reall cool. ive read some of his fiction. (The Beach) and peter jackson is attached. so i don't think i have critical to say about that one.

Originally posted by Kickinbama@May 12 2006, 06:54 AM
i am really looking forward to HALO the movie. Alex Garland is attached to write the script, which is reall cool. ive read some of his fiction. (The Beach) and peter jackson is attached. so i don't think i have critical to say about that one.
Halo > Silent Hill

And I haven't even seen the former yet.

Yeah, they're making movies on just about every game, I was watching G4, E3 insider the other day, and I think I heard something about God of War, the movie.

Seriously, at this rate, you better watch out for DigDug, the movie, or even Tetris. :lol:

Originally posted by killarai@May 14 2006, 02:23 PM
... Seriously, at this rate, you better watch out for DigDug, the movie, or even Tetris.
Oye, I love Tetris, but if someone finds some way to make a movie out of it... I will crawl into a hole and die. :thinking:

~ Jaraeth

ooh I'm all over a Dig Dug Movie staring VanDiseal as Dug!

Silent Hill was alright but I went in not having high hopes. It fit the atmosphere for the game perfectly. Ending made a little since if you were use to the games. Example, the "little girl", by the end of the movie, is actually (pick your favorite Demon/ Lord of Darkness). The "orginal" child made a deal with the devil because she was being picked on. She never really leaves silent hill as the woman is now "the devils play thing".

Generally the first half the of movie was better then the second half. Needed alot more monsters.

If I directed it (not saying much here :P ) I would have had an explanation of Silent Hill from the start then went into the movie. I would have removed the Detective and crazy old woman...as they seemed useless to me. I'd have more of an epic battle between a raged filled girl and the light then the end...uh...whatever that was hehe... Heck I would have made Pyramid head the original girls Mother.

It was a gross movie...but in one of the games someone pukes up a fetus then someone else eats it..so it could have been worse :blink:

On a side note....most of these game movies are made by a german "director" named Uwe Bolle. He's been labeled the worst director ever and has rights to ALOT of game movies. You can thank him for Alone in the Dark. Thing is he won't stop because he gets money from Germany to make these movies and he doesn't have to pay anything back unless it makes X amount of money....So you can boycott his movies and he wins...or you can go see them and then others will make felgercarb like his... Uew Bolle...learn the name and fear it :angry:

Yeah, Uwe Boll is trash. If you watch/read his interviews he's rude and arrogant, and thinks this movies are amazing works of art. He takes good games, great actoers (ben kingsly, michael madsen, michelle rodriguez) and ruins them completely. And you have to know it's Uwe Boll who's ruining it, because all the above actors can act very well and have all made great movies. Yet when they play in a Uwe Boll movie they are horrid.

So, hopefully nobody here are fans of Far Cry, Dungeon Siege, or Postal, cause those are Uwe Boll's next projects.

And I actually thought Microsoft had originally planned to go with Uwe Boll for Halo, but refused to work with him after they saw his stuff. Smart move if that is indeed true.

I should mention that Silent Hill WAS NOT directed by Uwe but the director of BrotherHood of the Wolf and a HP Lovecraft adapation...both which get the same "meh" reviews as Silent Hill. :D

Back