Silver

“Seriously, are you pregnant?” Michael asked. Sydney threw a napkin at him.
ow. a napkin. had to hurt. lol
i wonder... she is acting strange, but isnt that normal Syd?
“Pet the kitty.”
OMG. F-ing HILARIOUS!
i love this fic... sad to see it go when i just got in the game.
wait, hockey... game.. heeh.
dont mind me...

That was great ... love the way Michael distracted Syd by picking up Maggie and going pet the kitty (I dont knwo why but it sounds soo funny) ... aww yah planing the wedding ... is she preggers ??? ... thanks for the PM ... more soon please

Janet can I join the bubble???

They have covered some hurtles.
They are planning the wedding and honeymoon.
Jack finally met Amelia and Bill.

You left us with a little cliffhanger:
Sydney could be pregnant.

Oh, Sydney's pregnant alright. Only she doesn't know it yet. Now if she starts getting sick to her stomach...

Actually, the lunch with Jack went much better than it would have a year before. At least he's trying to carry a conversation.

Thanks for the PM.

Chris

oh, this fic is SO good...just finished reading it ALL!!!
can i get a pm when you update?
jack needs to pull the stick out of his butt...
personally, i'd like to see some more sydney/tatiana action....like syd punching her in the face
anyway, i'm done rambling......shelley :rolleyes:

Sydney pregnant?
I'd love to see that :lol: , I'm so glad, they are back together, I can't bear seeing them apart, it breaks my shipper heart.
I can't believe how stubborn they were!!!!! But now, things are much better between them ^_^ , there is at least one good thing that came out of this story :P
Now, I can't wait for them to go crazy with the whole I'm planning our wedding so don't mess with me :lol:

Thanks for the PM

guys, i was serious - syd's NOT pregnant, it was just a joke

Chapter 88
Through much begging, pleading and annoying, Sydney managed to convince her father to join her and the Vaughn family for Michael’s first game back after his jaw injury. Walking through the Wachovia Center, Jack was clearly out of place, starting with his wardrobe. Jack had never been the ‘jeans and t-shirt’ type of guy that was the usual attire for such events. Well, the usual attire would be Flyers gear or a Flyers jersey and Jack certainly wouldn’t be wearing that. He was dressed in a business suit even though Sydney had specifically told him not to about twelve times. Men with giant noisemakers and large cups of beer passed him on the stairs and looked at him strangely. Sydney sighed to herself and prayed there would not be a fight around them.

“So he’s really never been to a game?” George asked Sydney.

“He’s never been to a sporting event period,” Sydney told him.

He just looked at her in disbelief for a moment. “You’re a family of freaks.” He shook his head disapprovingly. Jessica smacked him. “Hey!”

“Just because they didn’t live for football and hockey like you...,” Jessica sighed.

“Having fun?” Sydney smiled to her father. He smiled back weakly before turning his attention to the ice, where the players were skating out for the game to begin. When Michael skated to his forward position before the puck was dropped, a few female fans in the audience whooped and screamed out his name.

“That’s so funny.” George laughed.

“What is?” Sydney asked him.

“He’s like the team heart throb or something. ‘Ohh Michael!’” he mocked in a girlish tone.

“Shut up.” Sydney laughed.

“You know it’s true.”

“Well, he’s taken, so that’s just too bad.” Sydney smiled proudly.

“Yeah..., they just use your picture as their dart board.” George laughed. Sydney rolled her eyes at him.

“This is rather violent,” Jack cringed and spoke quietly to Sydney as a player was checked into the wall in front of them.

“Yeah, kinda,” Sydney sighed. “But Michael doesn’t fight.”

“Fight?” Jack asked cautiously.

“See,” Sydney gestured towards the goal where Eric was standing, or rather, not standing but participating in the dog pile brawl in front of his goal area along with about four other players, not including Michael.

“Lovely,” Jack sighed.

“Well, I’m going to get a soda or something. Would you like something Sydney? Jack?” Amelia asked as she shuffled past everyone in their seats on her way to the aisle.

“No thanks.” Sydney smiled.

“No, thank you,” Jack added.

When Michael scored the first goal of the game, everyone but Jack got to their feet and cheered for him. By the third period, Michael had scored his third goal and achieved the coveted ‘hat trick’ of the game.

In the end, the Flyers won 4-0 and Michael looked like he was having the time of his life. Once the game was over, Sydney walked her father out to his car since he didn’t seem to be too interested in going down to the locker rooms with everyone else. “So, that wasn’t too painful, was it?” Sydney asked, cringing slightly.

“No, however I doubt I’ll be making it a weekly event,” he told her.

“Right,” Sydney laughed.

“Michael does seem to be a very good player, though.”

“Yeah well, he’s been chopping at the bit for two months now so I think he was showing off just a little,” she said with a laugh.

“Ah, well, they are a good family. Especially... Amelia is it? She seems to really care for you,” Jack told her.

“Oh, yeah, Amelia’s great.” Sydney smiled.

“Yes... well, I’m going to go then.”

“Sure Dad, thanks for coming,” Sydney said as she waved goodbye to him.

~*~

Later that week, Sydney decided that she was sick of poring through bridal magazines and that she needed to just go out and try looking at actual dresses. Unfortunately, she didn’t want to go alone and couldn’t really, she needed someone else’s opinion. But, Francie, who was going to be her maid of honor, was out of town at her brother’s wedding, so she decided to call up someone who’s opinion she knew she’d end up seeking anyway.

“Amelia, hi, it’s Sydney. I was just wondering if maybe you’d want to come wedding dress browsing with me?” she asked cautiously.

“Of course!” Amelia practically squealed into the phone.

“Okay.” Sydney giggled.

“Oh this is so exciting!! Jessica wouldn’t let me come with her. She said I’d end up bothering her too much, but she hates shopping anyway... oh!!! This will be SO much fun!” Amelia giggled into the phone.

“I’m glad you’re excited.” Sydney laughed.

“Oh sorry, I’m just... well, yes excited!” Amelia said in a giddy tone. “So when do you want to go? Where do you want to go?”

“Well, I’m not sure yet.” Sydney sighed. “I mean, we could go tomorrow or anytime really, but I have no idea where to go.”

“Oh I think I have a few ideas. You want to go tomorrow?” Amelia asked.

“Sure, what time?”

“Um, I’ll pick you up at 11? We can grab some lunch...”

“Sounds perfect,” Sydney giggled. “See you then.”

“What’s with the giggling, giggly?” Michael, who had just walked in from practice, asked once she hung up the phone.

“Your mom and I are going wedding dress shopping tomorrow,” Sydney told him.

“Uh oh,” he said seriously.

“Why uh oh?” she asked.

He shrugged. “Dunno. It means my credit card will get charged, doesn’t it?”

“Excuse you, I have money and I will buy my own wedding dress thank you very much,” she said in a proud tone.

“I know, I was kidding. But it’s nice that you’re taking her. Jess was so mean.” Michael shook his head in a disapproving way.

“So I heard. What happened?”

“Well, Jess hates shopping, like loathes it. She’d rather go to the dentist than shop. So all through high school she’d bitch and whine and cry every time Mom took her to the mall to get shoes or jeans or whatever. She wanted to get married in sweat pants, I swear to God. Anyway, so finally we all talked her out of it, but she refused to let anyone come shopping with her even when Mom practically begged her by saying it was one of her rights as a mother. Anyway, in the end Jess went by herself and picked out the first dress she tried that fit her,” Michael explained.

“Aww that sucks for your mom. But she can fawn over me all she wants.” Sydney smiled.

“You know she loves that about you, right?” Michael told her.

“Yeah, but that’s ok. I like it.” Sydney smiled.

“Good, because I don’t think you could get her to stop.” Michael laughed.

~*~

The following day, after grabbing a quick lunch, Sydney and Amelia began their search for a bridal salon.

“Ohh you know what we should do?” Amelia asked while she and Sydney leafed through racks of mostly hideous dresses.

“Burn them all,” Sydney suggested seriously.

Amelia laughed. “Well yes, but no. We should go to those fancy boutiques in New York and find you a Donna Karen dress or something.”

“Amelia, I don’t need a five thousand dollar wedding gown as fun as that would be.” Sydney sighed.

“Well... true. But I’m just saying we should keep it in mind in case we find more like this.” Amelia cringed as she held up a particularly ugly dress. Sydney grimaced and turned back to the dresses in front of her. “Should we maybe go someplace else?” Amelia suggested.

“Please.” Sydney sighed.

Fortunately, the next place was much, much better. Sydney actually found a handful of dresses that were decent enough to try on. The first three she tried on all looked very nice but they didn’t have that perfect thing she was looking for. The final dress was one she almost didn’t pick up. It wasn’t a very traditional looking wedding dress with the big skirt or train. It was very simple with a long a-line skirt, no extra beading or trim, just a draped neckline, but when she put it on, it was perfect. She stepped out of the changing room so Amelia could see and they both almost started crying.

“It’s not traditional but...”

“No, it’s perfect!” Amelia exclaimed. “I love it! Do you love it?!”

“Yeah, I love it.” Sydney giggled.

“Ohh it’s wonderful sweetheart,” Amelia said as she circled Sydney and admired the back of the dress. “Just perfect.”

PM LIST
Action!Vaughn
Addicted 2 Alias
alias#1
ALIAS_chick
alias_chick_47
Alias79
AliasBub
aliasdancer007
aliasfan212
aliasfreak8903
Alwazabrat