Simon Cowell suggests Super Bowl for 'X Factor,' 'Idol,' and 'The Voice'

Alien Soup

Head Chef
This is something that we would watch! (y)

EW.com said:
We’re not sure which would make a better television special: a supernova competition between winners of The X Factor, American Idol, and The Voice, or a cage match between über-producers Simon Cowell and Nigel Lythgoe.

On Thursday, the two men engaged in a brief Twitter exchange that suggests a friendly rivalry could make for great TV if it ever found its way into broadcast.

First, this from X Factor’s Cowell:
Simon Cowell said:
“Maybe the winner of @TheXFactorUSA this yr should compete with winner of The Voice & Idol in a super final. Just a thought. I’d be up for it.”
Lythgoe then replied via:
Nigel Lythgoe said:
@dizzyfeet: “@simoncowell suggests the IDOL winner should take on the voice and x-factor winners. The problem is the Idol winner will be a star by then.”
Oh, snap!

A final championship featuring winners from the three singing shows is not such a bad idea; the trouble is finding a network that would air such an extravaganza if a détente were ever reached between the competitors. NBC broadcasts The Voice and would obviously want dibs to what could be a ratings juggernaut while the home of Idol and X Factor would want to keep it on Fox. Maybe a pay-per-view event for the masses and the nets would just split the spoils?

But who on earth would be the judges? Simon Cowell, Christina Aguilera, and Randy Jackson? I guess — as long as Paula Abdul serves as host.
Is Cowell onto something?

Source: ew.com

The last winner of The Voice, Javier Colon, is ready to take up Simon's challenge. Last night he tweeted to both Simon (X-Factor)...
Javier Colon said:
So @simoncowell recently proposed a face off btw Idol/Xfactor/Voice winners I respect the other winners a lot but if U want a battle I'm IN!
... and Nigel (American Idol):
Javier Colon said:
As u know, @dizzyfeet AKA Nigel Lythgoe, Simon proposed an Idol/XFactor/Voice face off. Just letting U know that I'm down! #itsonyousir

Don't know about everybody else but I know I'd watch a show with the winners of all of the shows competing with each other. They could add in some additional entertainment by including America's Got Talent; the AGT winner might not be a singer so instead of competing they could at least perform on the show.

Adam Levine (Maroon 5) from The Voice doesn't seem too interested...
Adam Levine said:
Simon’s just so clever. He’s so hell bent on competing with other shows. We’re not really interested in a way… That’s kind of a cool idea, actually, but I’m not so sure we’re totally interested in what everyone else is doing. We’re just kind of worrying about what we do ‘cause we all know the more we worry about everybody else, the more the quality of what you’re doing tends to suffer. So, we want to just do what we do.

Back