Simpsons Creator Reveals Location of Springfield!

Robby

Helper Bot
After more than 20 years one of the biggest secrets of "The Simpsons" TV show has been revealed!

Matt Groening told Smithsonian magazine today that the animated show takes place in Springfield, Oregon.

Groening ... was inspired by the television show "Father Knows Best," which took place in a place called Springfield. Springfield, Ore., is 100 miles south of Groening's hometown of Portland.

"When I grew up, I realized it was just a fictitious name," Groening told the magazine (Matt Groening Reveals the Location of the Real Springfield). "I also figured out that Springfield was one of the most common names for a city in the U.S.

"In anticipation of the success of the show, I thought, 'This will be cool; everyone will think it's their Springfield.' And they do," he said.

Groening said he has long given fake answers when asked about the Simpsons' hometown, leaving open the possibility that his latest one is itself another fake.
Source: http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap...aFBAeQ?docId=741951aac2eb487c8afc47fedfeab935

Back