TV Simpsons vs. Family Guy

Sheldon

Dreamsmasher
What is your take?

Simpsons ---> Old, crust, and too PC.
Family Guy ---> Over the edge, pushing all boundries, says what they want to say.

That is my take. The Simpsons have turned boring for me, and did so in about '98 or '99. They just got lame. The only good thing from the show is Groundskeeper Willie. Other than that, BORING.

3,2,1 GO!

Simpsons has had its time. I agree it's boring... it's time to shelve it now.

Family Guy.. I can't say I love every episode, but it does generally make me giggle (silently at times).. or I sit there staring at the screen thinking what the hell did I just watch.. which I think is what they aim for a lot of time.

Simpsons jumped the shark in the 90s, Family Guy jumped the shark a several years back too.

Liked both shows but they've gotten stale.

If you like Family Guy give American Dad a proper watch. They're still moving the story a long and it is still pretty interesting. That show is pretty underrated because it's a Family Guy clone but they've done a good job with it as of late.

It's slowly stepping out of the Family Guy shadow though (American Dad). Roger's character actually allows American Dad to have storylines that would never be available to Family Guy, and like you said, it's getting interesting.

American Dad's last season was just as good, if not better, than Family Guy last season.

And please, do not bring in The Cleveland Show. That is the worst of all. Hell, Bob's Burgers is better than that.

And please, do not bring in The Cleveland Show. That is the worst of all. Hell, Bob's Burgers is better than that.

Cleveland show is awful I agree, worst spin off I've ever seen. I actually like Bob's Burgers think it's just in that stage where it is finding itself.

The show/cartoon that I really enjoy the most right now is Archer. Can't get enough of that show and the guy that plays the Coach from Home Movies is the voice of Archer. Even if you don't like that show you have to watch the one where he gets a Dodge Charger for his birthday, it's funny as hell.

Family Guy is overall better than the Simpsons. Yet the show has ran it's course and I personally feel that stewie is keeping the show afloat. It's getting boring with the same ole hate toward Meg.

I prefer Family Guy. Simpsons used to be way better but it's stagnated while Family Guy is still coming up with new material to a point. I also love Seth MacFarlane. He's such an awesome guy :LOL:

Back