Simu-Pass?

From The Official Boards said:
Has Simu considered doing anything similar to the SOE Access Pass? Something like a flat rate account that offers BASIC subscriptions to its products? With something like HJ comming out, and the progressive downward trend in populations older games are bound to see, wouldn't this do something to make the other games viable and heaven forbid, maybe ADD players?

Just and idea that has probably been addressed, the SOE Access pass has been VERY successful, I myself had one for the longest time even though I mostly only played one game, just liked the flexiblity. And SOE never has caught onto the gem that is Simus 'Premium' and 'Platnum' services(that would still be extra of course)

(I'm not sure if we have discussed this before, but I did do a Search first. :smiley: )

I am fond of this idea and think it would do a lot of good for DragonRealms and GemStone... and Hero's Journey.

Would this make you more inclined to try/play Simu's other games?
Would you pay a bit more to have access to all of Simu's games?

What are your thoughts on this?

I personally would love this. I've played GS for like 10 years (+?) and think it'd be a great way to allow both new players to try out the classics and let the oldies play the next genre.

Eh, maybe, it is not really the cost that makes me not want to try Dragonrealms, etc. It is something more personal.

The idea in itself would probably be nice to implement in some form.

I think I would really enjoy a simu-pass situation. Especially with HJ. I'd get all my favorate games. It's a win-win IMHO. It gets more people into your Muds (might even have to... dare I say it... make another GS server!?), and it appeases your current player base to play HJ in conjunction with their current favorate game.

I used up a free 30 days in DR, and I really enjoyed it. But I just couldn't justify paying for a whole nother monthly payment that was equal to what I am paying for GS just to play the other game. Certainly make it so you can't play multiple games at once, but it really is a very excellent idea.

I would definitely consider something like this, and for reasons others have mentioned. I like DR and I want to play HJ. I don't see myself choosing one over the other, and something like an all access subscription would be great.

I'd be quite interested, assuming it's not outrageously expensive. Would that include the Platinum (probably not since you'd want to keep the general population out) and/or The Fallen servers as well, or just the basic games?

Thumbs waaaay up, would give me cause to continue to play DR without worry of cost when I start HJ :smiley: And maybe even stick around GS for longer than my trial month too

This would be the only way I'd consider paying for a MUD. If I could play a graphical MMO as part of the mix, I might do it.

If I'm already paying for HJ and this was a perk, then cool. But paying as much as SoE's station pass *now* to play muds? Naw.

Perfect for me, even at $29.99 (the Station Access cost) because I can't play graphical anything at work. So DR at work, HJ at home, and I'm not paying a cent more (actually, since I have the Access for the extra EQ2 character slots, I'd save the cost of DR) sounds absolutely wonderful to me.

In fact, if they offered this option now (though not at this price range) I might go for it for when I'm in a DR mood, or a GS mood... or even try AoH or MO. Nice way to shore up games that are nearly abandoned.

Yeah, sure, it could work. I don't see all that large of a cross over population forming, but if they can have all the Premium options and whatnot for DR, they could just as easily have this.

Back