Simu Rumor Mill

Valendros

Cadet
Thought since we don't have any information coming out of them, might as well make somewhere we can discuss rumors.

I'll go first:

Gossip from Simu
HSB said:
So... in speaking with uh... a guy in the Billing office, he let drop a couple things I found vaguely interesting. Just thought I'd share.

- CCF was a rousing success, and they're all really happy with how it went.

- There is a mysterious 'something' coming up very soon that they've got very high hopes for... and he can't tell me what it is.

- That if the 'something' goes anywhere near as planned, they will be bringing back Beth and Jessica to the Billing office, and bringing on a lot more paid staff members across the board.

Now, this could all be anything from wankery to corporate frogmarching. Thus the Gossip tagline in the thread. Just thought I would share, and see if anyone else had heard anything.

Edit: My guess about the 'something' is the HJ engine, obviously... though that's just a pure guess on my part.

Just what somebody heard on Gemstone PC Forums...

I don't think this is HJ related (other than maybe a Hero Engine thing). I expect to see a large influx (100+) of new hires into Simu and probably Simu moving out of that shack they're crammed into (not as much crammed now that they laid off such a large number of their force) about 4 months before Beta. But that's my opinion.

Yea, I personally think it will be completely unrelated to HJ (or GS, since I'm a Gemstone player). Likely something to do with an acquisition or another HE licensure. Who knows.

Simu is so far behind the curve at this point they cannot keep up with other companies using Hero Engine like BioWare w/ TOR

I don't really care anymore, until there is a significant official update.

I don't really care either to be honest, but it's nice to see Simu may still make it. What's just another game to us is a source of income, and a baby to them. Plus, the more game studios the merrier.

Back