Simutronics Announces HeroEngine Clients

Really, I dont like this at all. I feel as though all the resources are getting put towards the HerosEngine instead of Heros Journey. I'm getting scared that they Simu is getting greedy for money instead of the love and passion for games?
We've been saying it for months... in the end, the sales of HeroEngine licenses could be what gets our game over the line...

Really, I dont like this at all. I feel as though all the resources are getting put towards the HerosEngine instead of Heros Journey. I'm getting scared that they Simu is getting greedy for money instead of the love and passion for games?

I do expect the game to be finished, one day. Maybe even soon! Now that they're cutting more corners than Bomberman. Just, I don't think it's going to give anyone the rpgasm we were expecting. In fact I predict..

"Well this is cool but it's just like that. Where that had this, this had that but it's really similar to these." Yada yada. If it truly makes a more complete package, hurrah. It's just, why can't I get my rpgasm going!? Geesh, I'm blue rpllin' it.

Here's the thing, if you look at the new brochure for the Hero Engine, you'll see all of this really neat stuff that

A) Helps license the engine

but also

B) Will be really awesome in HJ

And then also realize that the money from licensing will mean more money to hire on-site people to work on HJ specifically.

Ya, there will be some very neat things that the HerosEngine will bring to Heros Journey, but other companies will have this uniqueness that made simuctronics game above the rest. Although I do realize that there is more to it than graphics and customization like concepts, story line and game system. At the moment one can really tell that the Heros Journey has slowed down for the only time we get a glimpse of the game is when there is a conference for the HerosEngine. Where simutronics encorporates elements of their mmo, HJ to prove effectivness of selling their engine to other companies. Hopefully after this, when simu recieves its money, they will start working on HJ and let HerosEngine out of their mind and if a company wants the engine badly they will chase them, instead of the other way around. I have all my hopes in Heros Journey but I feel as thought it would have been a better move to have annonced Heros Journey after the completion of their HerosEngine in May 10th 2006. This way they could of had at least another year without concern if it would get out of development. Yes there will always be some delays and thats understandable but if a year was needed for the Engine, give it, dont keep the public worried and frankly dont get yourself (Simu, devs etc...) worried. Although this is their first time into the realm of mmorpgs and maybe they should have done a smaller project at first for trying to go from a company that is barley known in mmorpg industry to the top is a very giant step. Ironically, I have hope in the game for the exact same reason, that their inexperience in the mmorpg field will bring new and intereasting concepts to the industry that will improve the market as a whole. Emphazises on customization, indivuduality and simply being able to have a never ending game which is not tedious in the sense of constant grinding.

Since Vanguard lost my interest, Hero's Journey is all I have left to hope for as a successor to the original Star Wars Galaxies.

As such, I am required to be patient and hope for its quick release. The emphasis on licensing out (and training people for) HeroEngine makes me nervous, but I'm still optimistic.

Back