Simutronics opens 2 new GM positions...are you game?

Karetyr

Cadet
I submitted an app for the Level Builder GM position. Here's the adventure I sent in as part of my app:

The hero arrives in a quiet farm village. The villagers peek out from behind closed shutters. At the well in the center of the village is evidence of a horrific crime....there is blood painted on the ground around it in some vile ritual symbol. There is more blood leading away from the well. The hero either finds out that a were-lock (were-warlock) is behind this from the terrified villagers or through investigation of the various pieces of evidence in the village. He decides to deal with the problem, because he is, after all, a hero.

The blood trail leads to a stable. Talking to the stable boy huddling under some straw reveals that the creature stole a horse. The hero can also follow the fresh hoof prints. Either way, he travels to a nearby shady wood. Small, vicious creatures harrange the hero, but he dispatches them (albeit with some difficulty). Finally he comes upon what can only be described as a large hole in the ground, sloping downward. The fresh corpse of a horse lies next to it.

Entering the hole, the hero discovers that it's not unlike a giant ant nest - there are myriad tunnels, all twisting off in different directions. Horrors wait in many places, along with piles of things collected by the packrat-like beasties that inhabit the underground den. Sooner or later the hero notices bloody symbols in some places akin to the one painted in the village, and they lead him to the central chamber. There is the were-lock, incanting a dark ritual to some unholy being. The hero fights and kills the were-lock, though it costs him dearly. When he returns to the village with the were-lock's head, he receives a hero's welcome, and is forever remembered by the people there.

(game effect: the hero receives a free horse from the stable and perpetual free food at the tavern, and receives the title Were-lock Slayer from the villagers)

What do you think? And, are any of you thinking of submitting an app?

That was an excellent read. I would post my story, but I don't have it anymore, and I deleted the receipt that I got for submitting my application =[

I don't think I have mine anymore either, but mine was silly.

There really aren't two new positions, it's more like two old positions redefined.

I was invited to submit an example area made with the Unreal editor, but I didn't have the time to do it before the deadline. Not to mention I think the Unreal editor is horrible. If they would have let me use the TES Editor (Morrowind, Oblivion) then I would have known the program well enough to submit an area on time. Oh well. Don't have time to do free work anyway.

I have a story as well for the application.
Took me forever to find a copy of the game just so I can get the editor. Which I didn't like. It's too bad that the only way to get the job is use the Unreal Editor. Now if we could choose the editor from a list then I think it would have been better considering the one I'd want to use would probably be on there.
I made a layout of my area using the Aurora Engine in about an hour. I'm sure that I could get the job with my area too.
Ohwell, since I know what the requirement is, I'll learn to make the area again in Unreal and retry for the job.

I got mine on Ebay for 17 bucks. It came to my house a few days later.

Speaking of Ebay, I bought the only copy of Paperopolis yesterday that I could find anywhere on the internet. Amazon doesn't have it, Ebay only had one, and it's nowhere else to be found. My sister is gonna be so jealous.

Not that it's a super awesome great game or anything, it's just things to print out and make toys with.

Today I spent all day cutting out Rifter parts (that I printed out with my nice new printer) and gluing them together. The damn Rifter still isn't finished though. I think next week I'll tackle one of the other ships.

So I recently got an email from tammas (application email) stating that anyone would who applied for the test within the last 6 months can retry. The email mentioned to follow a new set of requirements but never gave the new requirements. I sent an email back promtly but haven't heard anything back yet. Anybody else get the same thing?

ONILINK said:
So I recently got an email from tammas (application email) stating that anyone would who applied for the test within the last 6 months can retry. The email mentioned to follow a new set of requirements but never gave the new requirements. I sent an email back promtly but haven't heard anything back yet. Anybody else get the same thing?

Yes. Exactly.

I don't know anything about the application emails or anything (They never let me out of my cage).. but the reason for the silence is that Tamma is currently out of the office on vacation.

If she is the one you sent your email to, then it won't be seen until Monday morning.

In case you thought you were being ignored.

Cirakin

HJ-Cirakin said:
I don't know anything about the application emails or anything (They never let me out of my cage).. but the reason for the silence is that Tamma is currently out of the office on vacation.

If she is the one you sent your email to, then it won't be seen until Monday morning.

In case you thought you were being ignored.

Cirakin

There is another contact in the app if you have questions. I wont post it, but if you have the email app, it's listed at the bottom. The new Builder test includes a number of engines to work from. For $5 you can get the pre order copy of NwN2 which gives you access to their editor, which is an accepted editor now. (And noted as most like the HE/HB).

"Create a level in one of the following game engines:

* Unreal Editor (packaged in all Unreal games)
* Neverwinter Nights 2
* Titan Quest
* CryEngine Sandbox (Far Cry)
* Oblivion TES Construction Set
* Source Engine (Half-Life 2)

Of this selection, Neverwinter Nights 2's editor is the closest to our own tool (HeroBlade). If you want to choose this test option and don't own or are unfamiliar with the other editors, we strongly recommend using NWN2 to build your level."

I heard back from Tamma with in an hour of replying to her email. Keep in mind I replied 20 mins after I received it. So that was before her vacation, I am betting. I won't post any more of the app, but I see no harm in letting you all know what tools you can use. You'll have to apply to find out exactly what you have to build. :P

Now I like that!
the Electron Engine is sweet, I'm glad I got it.
Now I can start making my mod.
Thanks for the heads up and I'll email her monday to verify.

I'm going to wait until they post the position for Forum supervisor. My rule book will be "Cry havoc and let loose the dogs of war!".

Sabastian said:
There is another contact in the app if you have questions. I wont post it, but if you have the email app, it's listed at the bottom. The new Builder test includes a number of engines to work from. For $5 you can get the pre order copy of NwN2 which gives you access to their editor, which is an accepted editor now. (And noted as most like the HE/HB).

"Create a level in one of the following game engines:

* Unreal Editor (packaged in all Unreal games)
* Neverwinter Nights 2
* Titan Quest
* CryEngine Sandbox (Far Cry)
* Oblivion TES Construction Set
* Source Engine (Half-Life 2)

Of this selection, Neverwinter Nights 2's editor is the closest to our own tool (HeroBlade). If you want to choose this test option and don't own or are unfamiliar with the other editors, we strongly recommend using NWN2 to build your level."

I heard back from Tamma with in an hour of replying to her email. Keep in mind I replied 20 mins after I received it. So that was before her vacation, I am betting. I won't post any more of the app, but I see no harm in letting you all know what tools you can use. You'll have to apply to find out exactly what you have to build. :P

I finally received a similar email from Tamma. She must be back from vacation. :smiley: Now, off to the store to get a NWN2 Pre-order. la la la.

Back