Drama Sin City (2005)

Leslie

Super Fantastisch
Title: Sin City

Tagline: Walk down the right back alley in Sin City and you can find anything...

Genre: Thriller, Action, Crime

Director: Robert Rodriguez, Quentin Tarantino, Frank Miller

Cast: Bruce Willis, Jessica Alba, Clive Owen, Mickey Rourke, Rutger Hauer, Benicio del Toro, Alexis Bledel, Michael Madsen, Powers Boothe, Nick Stahl, Devon Aoki, Michael Clarke Duncan, Rosario Dawson, Carla Gugino, Josh Hartnett, Jaime King, Brittany Murphy, Elijah Wood, Jude Ciccolella, Jeffrey J. Dashnaw, Jesse De Luna, Jason Douglas, Tommy Flanagan, Rick Gomez, David H. Hickey, Greg Ingram, Nicky Katt, Helen Kirk, John McLeod, Lisa Marie Newmyer, Tommy Nix, Nick Offerman, Marco Perella, Randal Reeder, Jeff Schwan, Marley Shelton, Frank Miller, Korey Simeone, Paul T. Taylor, Rico Torres, Makenzie Vega, Arie Verveen, Patricia Vonne, Ethan Maniquis, Ken Thomas, Chris Warner, Ethan Rains, Cara D. Briggs, Christina Frankenfield, Evelyn Hurley, Jason McDonald, Clark Middleton, Charissa Allen, Jessica Hale, Samantha Inoue Harte, Ashley Moore, Amanda Phillips, Emmy Robbin, Lauren-Elaine Powell, Kelley Robins Hicks, Penny Vital, Monika Spruch, Katherine Willis, Texas Presley, Robert Rodriguez

Release: 2005-04-01

Runtime: 124

Plot: Welcome to Sin City. This town beckons to the tough, the corrupt, the brokenhearted. Some call it dark… Hard-boiled. Then there are those who call it home — Crooked cops, sexy dames, desperate vigilantes. Some are seeking revenge, others lust after redemption, and then there are those hoping for a little of both. A universe of unlikely and reluctant heroes still trying to do the right thing in a city that refuses to care.
Sin City (2005)

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>Sin City (2005)</span>

Directed by
Frank Miller & Robert Rodriguez

Writer:
Frank Miller

Plot Summaries: Sin City is a violent city where the police department is as corrupt as the streets are deadly. In this movie, we follow three stories, the central of which is Marv, a tough-as-nails and nearly impossible to kill street fighter who goes on a rampage of vengeance when a beautiful woman, Goldie (King), he sleeps with for only one night is killed while lying in bed with him.

An adaptation of Frank Miller's stories based in a morally bankrupt metropolis. Chief amongst the town's residents is Marv (Rourke), who trawls the darkest areas of town looking for the person who murdered Goldie (King) while she lay sleeping in his bed.

A collection of interweaving stories all based in the corrupt, crime infested hell-hole that is Basin City. Heavily influenced by film-noir, the main storylines concern a hulking brute called Marv (Mickey Rourke), who is seeking the murderer of a beautiful woman who was killed while asleep in bed with him; an ex-photographer called Dwight (Clive Owen) who accidentally kills a hero cop and has to cover it up; and a soon-to-be-retiring policeman called Hartigan (Bruce Willis) who is incarcerated for a crime he didn't commit. All based on the brilliant graphic novels "Sin City", "The Big Fat Kill" and "That Yellow Bastard", written and illustrated by Frank Miller.

Production status: Filming (as of 24 March 2004)

Cast overview, first billed only: 
Jessica Alba ....  Nancy Callahan
Rosario Dawson ....  Gail
Elijah Wood ....  Kevin
Maria Bello ....  Ava Lord
Bruce Willis ....  John Hartigan
Benicio Del Toro ....  Jack Rafferty
Michael Clarke Duncan ....  Manute
Carla Gugino ....  Lucille
Josh Hartnett ....  The Salesman
Michael Madsen ....  Bob
Jaime King ....  Goldie/Wendy
Brittany Murphy ....  Shellie
Clive Owen ....  Dwight
Mickey Rourke ....  Marv
Nick Stahl ....  Junior/Yellow Bastard

I just saw the trailer for this, here, and was blown away! The b/w coupled with "cartoon-ish" style, as well as the old "Dick Tracy" feel, plus use of some color/animation for emphasis... This is so unique it just might work! And many cast members are excellent, incl: Michael Madsen :smiley:reallyexcited:smiley:, Clive Owen, Bruce Willis, Benicio Del Toro, Maria Bello... Woot! I'm excited.

What do y'all think?

THE HARSH VOICE OF COMIC2FILM HAS ARRIVED....

and he cannot wait to see this movie.

now, I read alot of comics, ALOT...to many in fact, but of all the books Ive read Sin City is by far the best. Frank Millar showcases his in my opinion best writing and some of the greatest Black nd white ink work in the sequential medium. we all know frank millar for creating Elektra, but he's just as well known for Sin City, and the movie has remained 100% true to the comic....god I turn into a fanboy over this title but its just so god damn awesome, do yourself a favour and read 1 volume of sin city before seeing the movie, and Les, the cartoonish style is cut straight from the books

ugh god...so good...I saw the trailer and I was in seven states of heaven

walk down the right alley in Sin City and you can find anything

love it....love it love it love it.... :cool:

WOW - that's cool, Gendo! I didn't know Millar did Elektra... I'm not a huge Elektra fan, but this movie looks great to me! :D I'll look for the book next time I'm at the library... :smiley:

he sure did Les, the man is a friggen champion....the fact he's written the movie and co directing it means it'll he HIS sin City, not someone elses Sin City...and plus, look at the cast!

Holy casting!

First of all and most importantly, I'm just happy Clive Owen and Jessica Alba have jobs. Beyond that, it looks friggin amazing. Kinda drips with 80s in a way that doesn't embarass.

Plus, Clive Owen with an American accent - Hah! That'll be interesting.

That trailer left me speechless

this movie is going to leave people floored....Ive been saying for ages now about this movie, now its getting more attention I cannot wait to see peoples reaction and hear what Frank has to say about it....its going to make a REALLY interesting dvd commentary I reckon.....

I was gonna say, didn't Frank Miller create Elektra too? :lol:

and yes holy casting! that's a whole load of great actors! *sigh* hmm... I think i'll go watch this movie. :D
--mandy :angelic:

Yeah the trailer did look amazing. What is with all of these "retro" kinda looking movies this year? Sky Captain and now this? I'm not complaining, it looks very unique and classic, but I was just wondering where all of this came from? lol

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database