Drama Sin City (2005)

Tis is a lot different from Sky Captain, IMO. Plus, it's got a plot. ;) But yeah, part of it is prolly that Hollywood is realizing that most of the "modern" stuff they are churning out is schlock. :lol: So they're returning to an artsy style.

its not being artsy

and its not copying Sky Captian

its following what Frank did down to the button....which is freaking nice...

ok so i saw the preview for this during elektra and my reaction:
:confused: umm ok?! :blink:

cuz it was like half black and white half color; have comic have real ppl.... so weird
i mean it looks totally interesting just... weird

boyscout4747 said:
Yeah the trailer did look amazing.  What is with all of these "retro" kinda looking movies this year? Sky Captain and now this? I'm not complaining, it looks very unique and classic, but I was just wondering where all of this came from? lol
[post="1160284"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

For this, they were trying to capture the look of the comic, and judging by the trailer, they've done it PERFECTLY. I'm in the process of reading the first graphic novel (my friend let me borrow the first and sixth ones; that's all she has). I love how only certain things are colored (just like the comic). As I'm reading it, I see more and more things I notice in the trailer (like Elijah Wood's character), and it makes me want to see it even more. And if you want to be even MORE excited, watch this 6 minute clip they showed at Comic Con. It's AMAZING. It's got a scene right of of Booze, Broads, and Bullets. Comic Con Clip

im currently loading the clip, being on dial up I could very well be here til next June, but I remember a few monthes ago this clip wound up online and got pulled like the next day, so Ive been looking forward to this....dfd3657, I wish I was re reading them for the first time again....I didnt read them in order but you can get away without reading them in order, things do fall into place in order but it gives you a reason go back a re read them :cool:

Gendo said:
im currently loading the clip, being on dial up I could very well be here til next June, but I remember a few monthes ago this clip wound up online and got pulled like the next day, so Ive been looking forward to this....dfd3657, I wish I was re reading them for the first time again....I didnt read them in order but you can get away without reading them in order, things do fall into place in order but it gives you a reason go back a re read them :cool:
[post="1163394"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I'm reading Booze, Broads, and Bullets right now. Man, I love this comic and I CAN'T wait for the movie.

I saw the trailer for this earlier when I saw Elektra, and was blown away. It looks so good. I love the black and white feel. It looks awesome. The movie looks awesome. Can't wait!

i saw this trailer in theatres. omgz!!!! it looks like what a real comic movie should be like. the cast lineup is crazy, too.

:jawdrop:

When I was at the movies this week and saw the "Frank Miller's Sin City" posters everywhere, I thought it looked good and it was cool they were using his name. I had no idea he was directing and writing the film! The cast is crazy and the trailer looks amazing. I thought Batman Begins and the Fantastic Four were going to be good, it looks like Sin City could easily be the comic book movie if the year.

Tiger<O> said:
I thought Batman Begins and the Fantastic Four were going to be good, it looks like Sin City could easily be the comic book movie if the year.
[post="1176168"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I agree. It's kind of a relief that there's finally a comic book movie out there taking risks, like the comic books actually do!! Every time I see the trailer for this I get more and more excited for it!!!!

I wanna watch Sin City so badly. Can't wait till it comes out!!
there's a really big cast

Action/Adventure and Crime/Gangster
2 hrs. 06 min. Sin City is a violent city where the police department is as corrupt as the streets are deadly. In this movie, we follow three stories, the central of which is Marv, a tough-as-nails and nearly impossible to kill street fighter who goes on a rampage of vengeance when a beautiful woman, Goldie (King), he sleeps with for only one night is killed while lying in bed with him.
Release Date: April 1st, 2005 (wide).
MPAA Rating: R.
Distributor: Dimension Films

Mickey Rourke Bruce Willis
Benicio Del Toro Clive Owen
Elijah Wood Jessica Alba
Brittany Murphy Josh Hartnett
Nick Stahl Rosario Dawson
Carla Gugino Jaime King
Marley Shelton Alexis Bledel
Maria Bello Michael Clarke Duncan
Rick Gomez Frank Miller
Michael Madsen Jude Ciccolella
Rutger Hauer Makenzie Vega

Director: Robert Rodriguez
Frank Miller
Producer: Robert Rodriguez
Frank Miller
Elizabeth Avellan
Screenwriter: Robert Rodriguez
Frank Miller
Co-Director: Quentin Tarantino
Source Writer: Frank Miller

iheartalias said:
Saw the trailer for the first time on TV last night (I had been watching them on the internet). Amazing. :D
[post="1261253"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Me too! I cannot WAIT even more now...