Sincerely Yours

This sounds really cute
Hopefully it will take them awhile to figure it out
since they really don't know anything about each other personally
Should be interesting
PM as usual please!!!!

Awww this fic is absolutely adorable. Hopefully Vaughn and Sydney will soon realize that they work together. Please keep me on your PM list. Thanks

I'm likin this idea, keep me on the pm list.
Can't wait for them to meet. Are we gonna get some vaughn POV?
Thanks for the pm

This reminds me of two movies.
The first one had Doris Day and Rock Hudson.
I think it was called "Pillow Talk".
hehe...that is one of my ALL-TIME FAVORITE movies!!! I'm convinced I was born in the wrong time....love old movies and music(especially from around that time)!

seriously, i laughed so hard when i read this....i have three roommates, and they all think i'm weird because i do things like laugh really hard when i'm in my room alone(but they love me anyway ^_^ )...I LOVED it!! It almost makes me wish this was a movie just so i could see the reaction on sydney's face when she finds out it's vaughn...I can't wait for more!!!...shelley :blush:

aww that was cute can i stay on the pm list
wouldn't they be a bit suspicious well wouldn't he beacause how many Sydneys can there possibly be in west Virginia (is that where they are)

seems like a new twist on the flick youve got mail, which is a mighty good one might i add. cant wait to see what happens. can i get a pm too por favor

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww, Sweetness. I know someone's pointed this out but wouldn't Vaughn figure it out? Sydney is a common name.
Pls PM me...

AJ

hehe :D
this is really really really good
i can't wait till when they find out who they really are :lol:
that would be funny
could you keep me on the pm list please??
thanks for the pm

I love this... it is amazing!! Great Story Line! yea, that republican thing goes against alot o my beliefs, but i can get past it!!

lol thanks for thePM

Gabbi

:hug: thanks everyone:

Chapter 2
Michael Vaughn rolled out of bed at 6:20 a.m. just like he always did. Then, he showered, picked out his suit for the day, changed and grabbed a piece of toast before heading out the door at exactly seven o’clock, like usual. He hated his boring, monotonous pattern, but, sadly, there was nothing he could do to change it. He was stuck working an 8-5, or rather 7:30 to sometimes 6 or later, job for eternity. Unlike his father, Michael did not revel in the newspaper advertisement business. He found it physically painful. Perhaps that was the reason for his typically sour attitude at work, he wasn’t sure. Or maybe it was because his father had the exact same attitude and Michael simply learned by observation, as he did everything in that business, having his degree in something completely different and not knowing anything (or caring) about different marketing strategies or creating unique and intriguing advertisements to entice consumers into... well, whatever their goal of that ad was.

It wasn’t just his work-life he was unhappy with; he was bored with life in general. He hadn’t had a date in months, another thing he couldn’t understand. Michael knew he wasn’t a hideous person and he found himself to be relatively fun-loving and kind, but he couldn’t seem to find anyone he liked or who liked him. He had been on a date with some real winners, like the girl who refused to cut her toenails ever or the woman with the rainbow colored hair – all dates courtesy of his moronic best friend, who meant well but had trouble executing his desire to help his friend not die alone. His best friend, Eric, was probably the only source of entertainment in his life, which Michael found to be utterly pathetic. Well, Eric and the letters. The letters he definitely looked forward to, but they also had an air of pathetic to them.

“Morning Michael,” his father said to him when they ran into each other in the parking lot. “A little late are we?”

Michael glanced at his watch. It was 7:35. “Uh... traffic... accident,” Michael said quickly.

“Ah yes... if only people would learn to drive,” Bill said in a disapproving manor.

“Right....,” Michael said. At the elevator, father and son parted ways. Michael’s office was on the second floor, while Bill’s was on the third since their business had expanded the prior year and was too cramped using just one floor of the large office building.

Michael went straight to his desk, flicked on his computer screen and began searching through the most recent news of that morning before checking his emails and finding over twenty messages. Groaning, he began to filter through them, deleting the unimportant ones and jotting notes down on the ones he’d need later on.

After only about twenty minutes of peace, the other employees began filtering in the office. Michael’s office was located close to the elevator, which meant it received a lot of passing traffic. Though he kept the door shut and often the window blinds were pulled, he could still hear them and most times wished that he couldn’t. Unfortunately, he was one of those people easily distracted by random noises or laughter, which made it difficult for him to concentrate on whatever project he was working on at the moment.

At a little after eight, he collected his folder and notebook, bound for the conference room and a staff meeting, definitely not one of the highlights of his day. Their office was small, but not too small. He managed about twenty-five employees which wasn’t overly difficult, but sometimes it drove him mad. He was definitely a person who liked to be in control and sometimes getting other people to do what he wanted was very difficult. For example, he had asked the new ad designer to draw up a mock sketch of something a client asked for. Four days later, he had yet to receive the sketch and confronted him, finding a drawing that could have been done by a two year old child using markers. As it turned out, the man had no art skills whatsoever even though he claimed to be a phenomenal art student. Displeased, Michael had fired him and taken out his fury on the Human Resources woman who had hired him. Though he knew it wasn't the HR woman’s fault that this person had flat out lied, it was just one of those days. Besides, the HR woman could have checked the resume for accuracy.

Watching the employees filter into the conference room, Michael caught sight of the HR woman he had berated a few days earlier ducking her eyes to avoid him and flopping down in a chair looking less than thrilled. Honestly, Michael couldn’t blame her. “Okay... let’s get started,” he sighed, flipping open his notebook and pulling out the meeting agenda he had made the night before.

After what seemed like an endless morning, Michael finally got a break around lunch. He ran out to a local deli to pick up something to eat and then on his way back to the office, he took a detour through the post office to check his mail, hoping for a letter from her. When he found that he actually had received a letter from her, he was overjoyed and his heart immediately started pounding, wondering what exactly she had to say.

Laughing at his own enthusiasm, he collected the rest of his mail and headed back to his car. He knew it was strange, being so excited about someone he didn’t even know, but he felt like he did know her. Sure, he didn’t know anything about her physical appearance, or even exactly how old she was (the only thing she had said was ‘somewhere in my twenties’), but he felt like, somehow, he knew her.

When he had wandered in that chat room six months earlier, he was bored and looking for something to do. He would have never expected that this would have come from it. What was this (aside from something Eric mocked him for)? He had no idea, but he liked to think of it as a romance of sorts. As lame as it sounded, he could see himself easily falling for this girl, Sydney, whoever she was, if only he could see her face to face.

He was about to rip open her letter, dying to see what she had written in her colored pen and loopy writing, when his cell phone rang. Grumbling, he answered and found his father needed him back at the office ‘ASAP!’.

It was mid-afternoon by the time he was finally able to open the letter. He pulled it out with excitement and began to read.

Michael,

You’re such a nut! That whole stamps thing made me laugh. Actually, though, I hadn’t thought about it. You do have a point. Since you’re such a stamp aficionado, I’m sure you know that you can order customized stamps online. I ordered you some with the LA King’s Logo – expect them in about four weeks, or whenever they decide to ship them :smiley:

Anyway, I don’t have much to say today, I’ve had a crappy day. My boss is a jerk. I feel bad saying that about people because... well, I just do. I mean, I don’t really know him except for the fact that he’s a total jerk to me at work like everyday and everyone in the office hates him. Oh well, I guess that’s why work is ‘work’ and no ‘hey, let’s have fun and party all day with cool, awesome people!’

Michael stopped reading and laughed aloud. She definitely had a point.

I guess that would be nice, wouldn’t it? Oh well, such is life...

Oh, but I do have a question for you, when is your birthday? I’d hate to miss an opportunity to send you a goofy card, or perhaps a slightly offensive one... it depends on whatever mood I’m in when I get to Hallmark. Anyway, I was just curious.

Sincerely Yours,
Sydney

P.S. Mine was April 17th, in case you care. And no, I won’t be telling you how old I was

Michael smiled and reached for a piece of paper, unable to wait until he returned home to write back to her.

Sydney,

Well, you certainly come up with random questions. My birthday is November 27th, so not for a few months yet, but I’m already intrigued as to what kind of card I’ll be receiving. I’m sorry about your boss. If I could, I’d give him a piece of my mind and tell him to quit being a jerk to such a sweet, wonderful woman like you. Anyway, I’m sure you didn’t do anything wrong, perhaps he was just having a bad day... every day of his life. Trust me, I’d know the feeling. Oh and before I forget, thanks for the stamps, that’s awesome! Seriously, it’s really cool and yes, I’m a nerd.

“Mr. Vaughn, do you have a moment?” A woman asked as she knocked on his door. It took Michael a moment to collect himself and wipe the grin off his face, pushing the letter under some papers on his desk. He looked up and saw the HR woman in his doorway.

“Yes, Miss Bristow?”

“Well, I was wondering if you’d like to personally approve our next ad designer?” she asked in a rather perturbed tone.

“No, that won’t be necessary. Just make sure to check all of their references,” he told her. She nodded before walking away. Once she was gone, Michael was about to start on the letter again, but his phone rang. The letter would have to wait.

PM LIST
6helterskelter6
74Aliaschickita47
Addicted 2 Alias
ae_gurl293
alias_chick_47
Alias79
AliasBub
Aliaschick347
aliasfan212
Aliasfan23
AliasSydney502