Slip Away

hotpot

The Bubbly
Title: Slip Away
Author: hotpot aka Suzi
Rating: I’m saying R because damn it, I miss the R-rated forum!
Ship: Warning to S/V’s that might read, this ain’t going to be pretty. Need I say more?
Disclaimer: Only one of these characters belong to me, I’ll let you use your imagination to figure out who I mean :P The song lyrics used come from ‘Vindication’ by Dashboard Confessional.
Continuation: In a line of Sarkney songfics, this would be #4. First came Say Goodbye, Hard Luck, then Saint and Sinner. If you haven’t read ‘em, I recommend you do, it won’t take long. I promise. :D
Distribution: Just ask first.

A/N: First of all, I must give Joyie thanks for mentioning this song and telling me I should acquire it. And I have to say, Yay! My muse came crawling back after being MIA for eh, over a month now. I was typing like a woman possessed, so let’s hope I can hammer something out for Name the Stakes. I do have a prequel for this that I started while I was still down at school, but it’s proved a bit difficult to work with … Anyway!

Hope, dangles on a string
Like slow spinning redemption
Winding in and winding out
The shine of it has caught my eye
Roped me in so mesmorizing
And so hypnotizing
I am captivated
I am...

Sydney lies in the bed, on her stomach with one arm draped over his chest. The morning light streams on them, a perfect moment before the harsh realities of their work ahead greets them once again. She looks at him; the sun catching his blonde locks and tanned skin and a smile comes to her face as the corner of his mouth twitches. He is dreaming, of what she never knows but the dreams must be content. Finally, her sleep has been peaceful. A little more than two years ago, she left her life as she knew it. The CIA. Her father. Vaughn. Plagued by self-doubt in the beginning, she wanted to run back to it all. Everything she had left behind, now that it wasn’t hers to have it began to seem appealing again.

That hadn’t lasted long.

The look on Sark’s face that morning, when she showed up soaking wet from the rain and he was hung over beyond belief from a vodka fueled night, yes, that look had sobered them both in an instant. What she had to lose was blinding her from what she had to gain. A life less ordinary was hers for the taking, something she refused to want for so long. It was only Sark who saw it in her, the desire for that life and he was making it hers.

And she was relishing every waking moment of it.

Vindicated
I am selfish, I am wrong
I am right, I swear I'm right
Swear I knew it all along
And I am flawed
But I am cleaning up so well
I am seeing in me now
The things you swore you saw yourself

Sark stirs suddenly beside her, looking over at her, he smiles sleepily. She reaches up to run her fingers down the side of his face, slight stubble catching her fingertips. He rolls onto his side to face her, returning the favor as he brushes a stray piece of hair away from her eyes. As he traces her cheekbone, he leans in for a small kiss. The warmth from his lips carries onto hers while he mumbles a sleepy ‘good morning.’ Was she wrong for wanting this? In the beginning, she told herself she was very wrong. Sark bad. Sydney good.

Foolish distinctions.

Now they are doing their morning routine, but whereas before routine was boring, now it comforts her, the few moments of routine Sark and her have in a day is something to be cherished. They shower together, sometimes making love and sometimes not. It depends on where their next assignment is going to take them, whether they need the comfort of the intimate act to carry them through the task or not.

Today, they make love.

As they pull on the hotel robes, they contemplate ordering room service. She always seems to crave pancakes, but Sark is concerned about drawing too much attention to their alias’s. So they attack the mini-bar instead. He anticipates her comments on Hostess Apple Pies tasting nothing like real apples, to which he always quips ‘What do you expect? It’s from the mini-bar.’ At least, the tea is decent.

Falling into this pattern was easy, forgetting everything she knew was hard at first but it did get better. Sark had been patient with her, never wanting to push but hoping she wouldn’t run back to her old life. That now, she would finally allow herself to want whatever was possible, right or wrong. As she realized and accepted the happiness she was feeling, everything she left behind went away. She moves across the room and takes a deep breath that does not go unnoticed. He looks up from the paper and his tea concerned. He knows the reason for the sigh and it is not from the false taste the apple pie has left in her mouth.

“Are you sure you are ready for this?”

Today, everything she left behind was coming back to her.

So clear
Like the diamond in your ring
Cut to mirror your intention
Oversized and overwhelmed
The shine of which has caught my eye
And rendered me so isolated
So motivated, I am certain now
That I am...

Of course, she is ready. If this were to be the path she chose, it was only a matter of time before she would be faced with the consequences of her action. Agent Vaughn, the man she left and the consequence was now catching up with her. When she thought of him in the beginning, she doubted herself. He loved her so much and she could only imagine the hurt he felt. Would he look for her? What would she do if he found her? As time passed, she realized she didn’t have to worry about that.

He never came.

No, today she was going to him. Sark had told her whom the CIA was sending in, telling her she didn’t have to go if she didn’t want to. It didn’t matter anymore; she would go where Sark went. He never questioned her decision; yet, she knew he was relieved.

Now they are in the main server control room, trying to patch into the feed that will show the location of several different artifacts located throughout the facility. They are quick, efficient, a perfect pair working side by side. Item after item runs across the screen, the program they installed compiling the locations within the building. They will split up, collect them and meet at their rendezvous point. The way they have done every assignment and nothing has ever gone wrong.

That is, until today.

Sydney is running down the corridor. Two priceless items down, one more to go and no sign of Vaughn or the CIA anywhere. An occasional guard tries to stop her, but she makes quick work of all them. Necks snap, weapons fire, whatever it takes, and she gets it done, for her humanitarian causes are a thing of the past. Then, there is something she doesn’t expect. The person who jumps out at her is no guard. It is a woman dressed in all black, just like her.

Momentarily, she is stunned and the woman uses this to her advantage taking a swing at Sydney with a punishing left hook. Pain sears through her face before she kicks her leg out, knocking the brunette to the floor. A warm trickling feeling begins to spread down Sydney’s cheek as she brings her hand up. Blood. From the feel of blood at her fingertips, her eyes fall to the large diamond on the hand of the brunette woman. The woman stares into Sydney’s face before calling out,

“Michael! Help!”

Vindicated
I am selfish, I am wrong
And I am flawed
I am seeing in me now

The artifact. The thought pounds in her brain as the only thing that should matter. Sark. Meeting at the rendezvous point, but she stays where she is at with her hand still raised to her bleeding cheek. You should get out your gun, she tells herself but she doesn’t. Footsteps echo down the hallway, coming closer. In a moment, she will see the partner. First, she will take care of this Michael then this woman still on the floor. Wait. Vaughn. Then, it hits her.

This woman called him Michael.

There he is, but he pays no attention to Sydney as he crouches down to the woman on the floor. “Anna, are you alright?” She is fine, lying on the floor merely from one swift kick. What kind of field agent is she, Sydney wonders as Anna’s hand moves to one pointed finger towards Sydney. Then, it hits her.

Ring. Michael. No Sydney. Anna.

Vaughn’s jaw drops slightly before he quickly draws his gun bringing it up to Sydney. She is motionless still. For a second, no less and then no more before the disbelief spreads across her face and into her words.

“You got married?”

The look on his face is pitiful, making her want to be sick and making her wish she had pulled out her weapon when she thought about it. The veil on Vaughn is pulled back, without her; he has quickly become everything she would have grown to hate. Weak. The time seems to pass so slowly, Anna finally rises from the floor reaching for her own gun. Vaughn is trying to say something to her, but she does not see it. Instead she sees Anna, and in Anna is a weaker version of Sydney. Someone who will always need Vaughn to help her, to be there with her every step of the way, everything Sydney realized she did not want.

So turn up the corners of your lips
Part them and feel my finger tips
Trace the moment, fall forever
Defense is paper thin
Just one touch and I'd be in too deep
to ever swim against the current

Finally, the soundtrack of the conversation reaches Sydney’s ears. Vaughn is shouting for her to put her hands on her head. She is going with them and she suddenly wonders if Vaughn realizes why she left him. The thought comes and goes as she realizes there are two of them with weapons on her, whereas she has none at the ready.

“I said put your hands up Sydney! I don’t want to use this on you, but I will!”

She complies. Hands on her head, Vaughn comes rushing over to her preparing to grab her by the wrists and slap on the handcuffs. She will be taken away. Back home. No, not home merely where she was before. Vaughn’s hands are on her wrists, but he moves too slowly as a shot fires out echoing through the corridor. They both stare as Anna brings her hand to her right shoulder, her diamond sparkling as the blood begins to seep through her fingertips. Someone forgot her vest this morning. Anna falls to the ground, still alive possibly not for long. A figure stands behind where her figure once stood.

Sark.

Vaughn grabs onto Sydney with one hand and raises his gun in the other to Sark; his hand trembles while his eyes move back and forth between Anna on the floor and Sark advancing towards him.

“Stop right there, Sark.”

Sark smiles as he stops by Anna. He dares to look quickly down at her before looking back up to Vaughn. “You better hurry if you are going to save the missus Agent Vaughn.”

“Put the gun down Sark and I might consider letting you live.”

Sark takes a second to consider this. His words are cold as he gestures with his Glock down at Anna. “Try exactly the opposite, let Sydney go and I’ll let this one live.”

Suddenly, Vaughn roughly grabs onto Sydney pulling her closer to him as he moves his gun into Sydney’s side. “Seems we have a problem then. I’m not letting you two walk out of here.” He notices Sark is about to make a clever quip and jabs the gun into Sydney’s side cutting him off. “I’ll do it Sark, I swear to God I will.” Sark glances at Sydney. The quick look between the two of them says it all.

They believe him.

So let me slip away, so let me slip away
So let me slip away, so let me slip against the current

Sark moves his gun over Anna now beginning to shudder on the floor. Neither Vaughn nor Sark say anything, instead they wait trying to anticipate the others next move. They are at a standstill before Sydney speaks.

“Vaughn, don’t do this. You need to save your wife.”

He turns to coldly look at her. “You were supposed to be my wife.” She has nothing to say in return as she swings her eyes away from him. Sark seeing his chance quickly raises his gun, but surprisingly he is not fast enough. Vaughn pulls the gun from off of Sydney, pushing her out of the way and whirls in Sark’s direction firing. The sound of Sark’s gun clattering to the floor is barely heard over his cry of pain as he falls to the floor near Anna’s crumpled form. It is now up to Sydney.

Vaughn, the man she left behind and the consequence of her actions standing before her.

Where before she felt paralyzed by the situation, now there is empowerment. She moves quickly towards Vaughn, kicking the gun from his hand and jumping midair to deliver another shot to his torso forcing him to the side of the corridor. She grabs a fire extinguisher from the wall, pulling it back and delivering it to Vaughn’s side. He cries in out in pain and Sydney can only think of Sark’s cries. He needs her to get them out now. She drops the extinguisher, the loud thumping sound reverberating off the walls. Looking at Vaughn, she feels slight pity for him and what his life has become. Wiping her hand across her mouth, she tastes her blood from the wound on her cheek. Bittersweet. Vaughn stares up at her unmoving as she turns from him to go towards Sark.

Vaughn isn’t finished yet.

It is a mistake to turn her back on him, to assume he understands her life now, the life that doesn’t involve him. He stands reaching down to pick up the discarded fire extinguisher while Sydney moves closer to Sark. He cries out as she begins to turn back towards the sound of his screams.

“I won’t let you leave me again!”

Throwing her hands up to block the blow, Vaughn brings the extinguisher down across her shoulder sending her to the floor. She looks up at him, waves of pain running through her side. He stands before her, a man possessed preparing to strike her again. To stop her anyway he can. He’d rather her dead then to leave him for Sark. Out of the corner of her eye, metallic salvation. Within her grasp, she pulls it towards her, curving her fingers to the handle and bringing it to meet Vaughn, a look of surprise etched on his face.

Bang.

Vindicated
I am selfish, I am wrong
And I am flawed
I am seeing in me now

He falls slowly, stunned but she doesn’t pause to witness. Like lightening, she gets up moving towards Sark. He is alive, a shot taken to his lower left side. Did no one wear their vests today? She pulls him up, desperately trying to fight the dull ache coming from her own side inflamed with pain. As she moves to put her arm around him, bracing herself against his weight, he stirs. Slightly groggy, he looks over to Sydney.

Vaughn, he asks.

She shakes her head and tells him they need to get moving. Remaining artifacts be damned. Once outside, the cool air hits them causing Sark to become slightly more alert. As she drives, he wants to know what happened to Vaughn. Did he let them go? She remains quiet trying to navigate the road and find a place to pull off and tend to Sark’s wound. Finally, a forest preserve sign appears and she pulls in parking in the shade of a large sycamore tree.

Sark will be fine. Sydney administers narcotic for the pain and he falls asleep. He stopped asking questions and she is thankful for now. Skillfully, she manages to remove the bullet, letting it fall to the floor of the Escalade. While she bandages his wound, she catches her mind drifting to Anna, wondering if anyone found her in time. Sydney pushes the thought aside; it is not her concern anymore. Sark will want answers when he wakes up, and she wonders if he will believe what she tells him.

Vaughn is dead.

Enraged, he would have killed her before he would have let her go back to Sark. What had she done to him? When she left him that night, he became something different. A thought comes to her mind. If she had stayed with him, what would she have become? Because of her, the Vaughn she knew died the night she left him. She thinks in retrospect, the night she left him, she became alive.

She looks down at Sark, sprawled out on the back seat and smiles as she runs a hand softly over his face. She had saved him after he tried to save her, exactly as he had done for her a little more than two years ago. Leaning down, she presses her lips softly to his before moving to get back in the driver’s seat. Tonight, they will board a plane that will take them back to their home and everything that happened today will be nothing more than a distant memory. It is the only thing that comforts her then.

Home.

Like hope, dangles on a string
Like slow spinning redemption

Thanks for reading, as always - feedback makes my day! :flowers:

Was she wrong for wanting this? In the beginning, she told herself she was very wrong. Sark bad. Sydney good.

Foolish distinctions.

AHHH!!! You. Have. The. Best. Phrasing. Ever! :P :::jealous::: but I LOVE it! :smiley:

He anticipates her comments on Hostess Apple Pies tasting nothing like real apples, to which he always quips ‘What do you expect? It’s from the mini-bar.’ At least, the tea is decent.

LMAO! *sigh* Again, love it!

Instead she sees Anna, and in Anna is a weaker version of Sydney. Someone who will always need Vaughn to help her, to be there with her every step of the way, everything Sydney realized she did not want.

This is really good -- it shows how Vaughn would hold Syd back, how dependent Anna is. What kind of a field agent falls down and immediately calls for help?! LOL :lol: Syd would get back up and kick butt herself! ^_^

she realizes there are two of them with weapons on her, whereas she has none at the ready.

Damn. Sydney!!! Are you insane?! :P lol

Someone forgot her vest this morning.

LMAO!!!! :rotflmao: Ohhh Suze. :lol:

Sark seeing his chance quickly raises his gun, but surprisingly he is not fast enough.

:( :eek: Craziness! :cool: We all know Sark is "the unbeatable assassin." lol Great job humanizing Sark, Suze. :smiley:

She grabs a fire extinguisher from the wall, pulling it back and delivering it to Vaughn’s side.

Yesssss! A fire extinguisher! Syd's weapon of choice! :lol:

Out of the corner of her eye, metallic salvation.

God, I love that. "Metallic salvation" -- SUCH a cool phrase! :love:

Vaughn is dead.

Hurrah! Oops. Did I say that out loud? :thinking: :lol:

OOOH SUZI. You make me long to be a better writer. ^_^ Beautiful! :love:

Les

Joyie said:
:woot: You used Vindicated lyrics!!! :love:  I love it already, without having read it yet. :lol:  Shall be back with my review!
I told you I was inspired by song fic-ness last night! Right after you recommended this song to me :P I know I keep saying it, but thanks again Joyie. ^_^

Leslie: Awww, thanks for your comments ^_^ They mean the world to me, especially since I haven't written anything in eons. And what's this about wanting to be a better writer? :eek: Sweetie, you got second in the fic contest with your first fic ever!! You rock! :Punkrock:

Oh. Em. Gee. :superangry: So I was typing out my review and I was thisclose to being finished... and what happens?! I accidently clicked the back button on my mouse! So it cleared everything I'd written. :hmm: :stupidcomputer: :banghead: *Mutters obsceneties* Anyways...

That hadn’t lasted long.
I'm sure being with Sark helped just a bit. :lol:

In the beginning, she told herself she was very wrong. Sark bad. Sydney good.

Foolish distinctions.
Foolish indeed. Syd is such a black/white person... glad she's seeing the gray in between.

He anticipates her comments on Hostess Apple Pies tasting nothing like real apples, to which he always quips ‘What do you expect? It’s from the mini-bar.’ At least, the tea is decent.
:lol:

He never came.
Pfft. Figures. If he didn't go looking for her, he definitely doesn't deserve her.

They are quick, efficient, a perfect pair working side by side.
They are quite perfect together. :D

It is a woman dressed in all black, just like her.
Nooo! Not Lauren!!!

her eyes fall to the large diamond on the hand of the brunette woman.
Yay!!! NOT Lauren! :lol:

Someone who will always need Vaughn to help her, to be there with her every step of the way, everything Sydney realized she did not want.
So true. Syd is independent. She can fight for herself. She can do things on her own. And when she needs help, she'll ask for it. She doesn't need someone like Vaughn who will always impose himself on her. Someone who will always try to do things for her when she doesn't need him to, like Vaughn. Who is perfect for her then? Sark, of course. :D

:lol:

Anna falls to the ground, still alive possibly not for long. A figure stands behind where her figure once stood.

Sark.
Sark to the rescue, yay!

“I’ll do it Sark, I swear to God I will.” Sark glances at Sydney. The quick look between the two of them says it all.

They believe him.
And so do I. I guess Syd leaving him really changed him as a man...

Vaughn pulls the gun from off of Sydney, pushing her out of the way and whirls in Sark’s direction firing. The sound of Sark’s gun clattering to the floor is barely heard over his cry of pain as he falls to the floor near Anna’s crumpled form.
:eek: He shot Sark! How could he?! He must pay!!!

It is now up to Sydney.
Syd to the rescue! :D

He turns to coldly look at her. “You were supposed to be my wife."
I feel a bit bad for him, but ehh... he doesn't deserve her.

Where before she felt paralyzed by the situation, now there is empowerment. She moves quickly towards Vaughn, kicking the gun from his hand and jumping midair to deliver another shot to his torso forcing him to the side of the corridor. She grabs a fire extinguisher from the wall, pulling it back and delivering it to Vaughn’s side. He cries in out in pain and Sydney can only think of Sark’s cries. He needs her to get them out now. She drops the extinguisher, the loud thumping sound reverberating off the walls. Looking at Vaughn, she feels slight pity for him and what his life has become. Wiping her hand across her mouth, she tastes her blood from the wound on her cheek. Bittersweet. Vaughn stares up at her unmoving as she turns from him to go towards Sark.

Vaughn isn’t finished yet.

It is a mistake to turn her back on him, to assume he understands her life now, the life that doesn’t involve him. He stands reaching down to pick up the discarded fire extinguisher while Sydney moves closer to Sark. He cries out as she begins to turn back towards the sound of his screams.

Throwing her hands up to block the blow, Vaughn brings the extinguisher down across her shoulder sending her to the floor. She looks up at him, waves of pain running through her side. He stands before her, a man possessed preparing to strike her again. To stop her anyway he can. He’d rather her dead then to leave him for Sark. Out of the corner of her eye, metallic salvation. Within her grasp, she pulls it towards her, curving her fingers to the handle and bringing it to meet Vaughn, a look of surprise etched on his face.

Bang.
This was definitely my favorite part. I loved the little fighting scene between the two of them... and Syd using the extinguisher, quite the efficient one, she is. :lol: I also like how it seems like she does feel bad for having to beat up Vaughn, she doesn't really care, all she cares about is that Sark is hurt... she needs to save him.

And ooh, dark Vaughn. But seriously, he must have not loved her that much if he's so willing to kill her just because she's with Sark. If he truly loved her, he would be happy for her, no matter who she was with. But I guess he's blinded by what's right and what's wrong and he just sucks cause he only wants Sydney for himself. Pfft.

And I just love "bang." So simple. And it's just, eeek! I like how you didn't go into detail about killing Vaughn. Just bang, and he's dead.

While she bandages his wound, she catches her mind drifting to Anna, wondering if anyone found her in time.
Speaking of Anna, if she is found alive... will she be a problem for our happy couple? Will she want revenge on the person who killed her husband? :Ponder:

She looks down at Sark, sprawled out on the back seat and smiles as she runs a hand softly over his face. She had saved him after he tried to save her, exactly as he had done for her a little more than two years ago. Leaning down, she presses her lips softly to his before moving to get back in the driver’s seat. Tonight, they will board a plane that will take them back to their home and everything that happened today will be nothing more than a distant memory. It is the only thing that comforts her then.

Home.
:love: But he did save her, he saved her from a very boring life; one that would not interest her, one that would not satisfy her. And ahh... they're going home... ^_^

Amazing. (y) (y) So glad your muse came back for this! :D I think the lyrics are so true for this situation.

Sark roped Sydney in cause he IS so mesmerizing and hypnotizing. And Sydney was captivated by him. :love:

Sydney was selfish for just up and leaving. But it's her life and she did what was best for her, what would make her happy. She was wrong to do so, but she was also right to do so.

And this part, "And I am seeing in me now the things you swore you saw yourself" totally describes how Sark always knew Sydney should have been with him from the beginning... how he knew that the CIA just wasn't enough for her, that her life in LA wouldn't fulfill her. And she finally realizes that everything isn't black and white and understands where Sark is coming from. :D

Oh, and the "so let me slip away" part is perfect for Sydney truly wanting to slip away from her old life. Wanting Vaughn to let her go.

And I really have no clue what I'm talking about. But yeah... :lol: I love the song and I love the fic. And I think they're perfect together, like Sark and Syd. :D

What is this, I see? Could this be a continuation of Suzi's songfic series??

Why, yes! :lol:

ETA: Damn you, flood control. :cuss: I tried to post this thing, like, twice and lost my entire review in the process. Well, anyway, they say things only get better upon a third draft, so this should be an ab fab review. Let's have a :Pop: and I'll throw on my :beret: and on with the review...

Sark stirs suddenly beside her, looking over at her, he smiles sleepily. She reaches up to run her fingers down the side of his face, slight stubble catching her fingertips. He rolls onto his side to face her, returning the favor as he brushes a stray piece of hair away from her eyes. As he traces her cheekbone, he leans in for a small kiss.

I love the way you write their affection. Because, honestly, more often than not, it's the little signs of affection that show the depth of someone's feelings--even more so than, say, a really passionate kiss. Also, I just adore this passage, it's written beautifully. ::sighs:: Am soooo jealous. :smiley:

They shower together, sometimes making love and sometimes not. It depends on where their next assignment is going to take them, whether they need the comfort of the intimate act to carry them through the task or not.

Today, they make love.

I think originally, I had some deep, insightful comment to make upon this part, but I've forgotten what it is. Anyway, they way you write this is...just lovely. Again with the 'little nuances of a relationship' commentary. It adds a depth to their relationship that just sets my romantic heart aflutter.

Agent Vaughn, the man she left and the consequence was now catching up with her. When she thought of him in the beginning, she doubted herself. He loved her so much and she could only imagine the hurt he felt. Would he look for her? What would she do if he found her? As time passed, she realized she didn’t have to worry about that.

He never came.

Hmph. Why I am not surprised? If he really, truly loved her, he would have fought for her.

Ring. Michael. No Sydney. Anna.

Vaughn’s jaw drops slightly before he quickly draws his gun bringing it up to Sydney. She is motionless still. For a second, no less and then no more before the disbelief spreads across her face and into her words.

“You got married?”

Vaughn married? What a :banghead: Jeez, some people should never procreate or marry and Boring and Useless is one of these individuals. Ha, and for a second there I thought you brought back Anna Espinosa. But she would kicked his a** to curb long ago.

The look on his face is pitiful, making her want to be sick and making her wish she had pulled out her weapon when she thought about it. The veil on Vaughn is pulled back, without her; he has quickly become everything she would have grown to hate. Weak. The time seems to pass so slowly, Anna finally rises from the floor reaching for her own gun. Vaughn is trying to say something to her, but she does not see it. Instead she sees Anna, and in Anna is a weaker version of Sydney. Someone who will always need Vaughn to help her, to be there with her every step of the way, everything Sydney realized she did not want.

And you have captured, perfectly, the character of Vaughn. Weak. Boring. Useless. It is so in character for him to just jump right over to someone dependent like that. This passage especially shows how *wrong* he is for Sydney, in your fanfic series. Great job. (y) (y) Oh, and thank you Suzi for not having him marry that blonde chick, who shall not be named.

It really shouldn't be funny, given the situation... But it is. Heh, heh. :lol:

Praise the lord; the calvary has come. Jeez, even the mention of his name is just...sex-ay. :woot:

Sark smiles as he stops by Anna. He dares to look quickly down at her before looking back up to Vaughn. “You better hurry if you are going to save the missus Agent Vaughn.”

“Put the gun down Sark and I might consider letting you live.”

Sark takes a second to consider this. His words are cold as he gestures with his Glock down at Anna. “Try exactly the opposite, let Sydney go and I’ll let this one live.”

Still ruthless. I LOVE it!!! I love how he still has his bad-boy demeanor and cold comebacks under pressure. And Vaughn...you wish, kiddo.

He turns to coldly look at her. “You were supposed to be my wife.”

Oh, cry me a river. Move on, Vaughn. It happens to the best of us. Find peace...and he just shot Sark?? :hmm: Retribution must be paid for that... :Ph34r:

Throwing her hands up to block the blow, Vaughn brings the extinguisher down across her shoulder sending her to the floor. She looks up at him, waves of pain running through her side. He stands before her, a man possessed preparing to strike her again. To stop her anyway he can.

Good god, man! :shock: Have you no shame? No dignity? And yet, this line of character development is entirely plausible for both Vaughn and Sydney.

metallic salvation

That is an ab fab description. Because my English isn't as good as it could be, it took me a mintue (two, actually) to understand what it meant, but now that I do... I love it. I'm going to use that in casual conversations from now on. ;)

Home.

Lovely. I :love: the way you write the S/S relationship. Damn it, I'm so incredibly jealous of you right now, and I adore this story. It's probably my fave installment so far. :love:

The song fit perfectly, as well. Am so glad to see your muse in back in full force.

Now, how's about an update for Name the Stakes? :Ph34r: :Ph34r: :Ph34r:

Thanks for the PM.

That was amazing, I loved the lyrics, they were perfect for this fic..I love the way you write it's very descriptive.
Thanks for the PM,

~Rach~

This was awsome!!! I just read it quickly, but it was great! I'll have to come back and read it once again, and maybe give some feedback...

Wow! I go away for a few days and I'm flooded with updates from all my favorite people...I have a lot of reading to do...

I promise I'll get around to reading and reviewing...thanks for the PM letting me know it was here :flowers:

Am giving out much needed thankies - feedback feeds the muse and she is very grateful for all the reviews :D

Leslie: Aww Les, you're too sweet. Glad you like the way I word things, sometimes when I'm picking it apart, I worry they are too simplistic but I think that is just my harsh eye for my own work :lol:

Intially, I think I had Sydney physically unprepared for the sight of Vaughn (especially his being married) as she was mentally but as we all know Syd, she quickly adjusts ;)

Glad you appreciated Sydney's weapon of choice :lol:

And you're right, yay! Vaughn. Is. Dead. It was fun killing him too. You should try it, very therapuetic. ;)

Thanks for reading all of 'em Les, I know you don't enjoy too much smut and that was only in the first one ^_^ Is it all good that I add you to the PM list for the next one?

Joyie: Yup, DC inspires songfic-ness from me and I was so thankful you mentioned this song. Listening to it inspired the long forgotten muse and that is why I thank you every chance I get. She came out of hiding for this fic! :D

I think Vaughn would have been extremely PO'd if Syd left him, the perfect one for Sark. He so is hiding psycho tendencies, I know it. :Ph34r: ;)

You explained the lyrics fittingly to this fic and yes, one more time - thank you so much for telling me about it. :D

Dita: Glad you like the intimate Sarkney moments and yes, it does show the comfort level their relationship has reached. Initially, I only made the time period nine months since she left - but then I realized there needed to be more time for her to get comfortable and of course, for Vaughn to plan his marriage to the other woman.

I also decided Vaughn was not going to be married to Lauren. I wasn't even going to make the wife blonde. She had to be more of a replacement for Syd not just an distraction like Lauren was.

And yes, I channeled this past season's Vaughn who didn't wait. Nope, he selfishly thought of himself. Bastard. It makes me relieved that Vaughn's behavior in this fic isn't a stretch bc I really think he would go off the deep end if Syd left him for Sark. And uh, that is not a bad thing. :P

Oh, your comments make me just :D :blush: :D - thank you so much for them. And Name the Stakes? I got a brief chapter done but surprise surprise, I hate it. But, I'm working on it. Honest. :D Now what's this about a Facade update? ;)

sarkfan: Thanks for reading! I'm glad you enjoyed it and naturally, your comments have me doing the whole cheesy smile all over again :D :lol:

AliasFanSweden: Thanks for taking the time to read albeit quickly ;) I'm happy you enjoyed it!

Just to let you know, I'm finally getting the prequel to behave and have a little bit for the sequel rolling around but I'm not sure where I want to go with that yet but it shall happen. I love this series too much for it to end yet :D

Suzi..I am so happpy to see that you are continuing the amazing song fic saga!!!

I would post my favorite quotes and indvidually reviewing them...but I would have to post the enitre fic...honestly!!! There wasn't one part of this story that I didn't enjoy. From the peacfull beginning, to the drama/action in the middle, to the revaltion at the end. What an amazing job!! (y) :D :rolleyes:

Great Job Suzi!

Oh Suzi, I can't quote either - because then I'd have to quote the whole damn thing.

This is by far my favorite of all of your songfics.

First, starting with the comfortable routine of their life - and how their morning routine does not bore her. It's routine, but it's with Sark. Nothing with Sark could be boring :smiley:

Then the weaker version of Sydney. That was so true to form, I think. Something Vaughn would do.

And Vaughn - he would have killed her just so she didn't leave him for Sark again. He deserved to die.

And then, the coming home again. Beautiful, absolutely beautiful.

:thud: :clap:

Such a wonderful and heart-wrenching job.

and so the song fics are done - still can't believe you killed vaughn. *tuts* i read the lot again tonight and am now very sleepy. i love the story and the prequel was an excellent addition to detail sarks resaons in the original - but have to admit my fave are still the two together with DC lyrics - the vaughn one is so sad and the sark one is just *sighs*
so glad ur fic muse came back my twin.
and now imust sleep. :asleep:

I realy like your fanfiction. The sark Sydney realationship is so much fun to read about. Your stories rock, the best Iv read so far. (y) so tahnx!

Back