Season 5 sloane head of covenant?

Isn't the head of the covenant going to be Quentin Tarantino's charactor, COLE?

Manu, aren't I right... if not consider me out of it! LOL!

Oh my...so many thoughts.

1. Yeah, we all kinda figured that Sloane was the head of the Covenant. I like seeing some written confirmation of it though - the first that I've seen that hasn't been pure speculation (then again it's Kristin, so who knows)? I believe he has had everything planned out since the fall of SD-6...visiting Conrad, assembling Il Dire, faking Syd's death, turning himself into the CIA, becoming the head of OmniFam (to use as a facade for his Covenant dealings), being "kidnapped" and oh-so-conveniently not killed by Kasari Bomani so that Sloane HAD to become a double agent. And, Lauren, a woman who works for the Covenant, was one of the people who set up his pardon! This is definitely Sloane's Phase Two.

2. McKennas Cole said in the preview that he was "the man in front of the man." So clearly, he's not the one running things. It's odd that he would work for Sloane, since he seemed to hate him in Season 1. But, it's very possible that Cole is working for Sloane and doesn't know it, OR Cole never really hated Sloane in the first place.

3. I wonder if Lauren knows Sloane is head of the Covenant? I would bet that she doesn't. However, she did help him get pardoned. She could have been planted in the NSC by Sloane or another Covenant operative in order to make sure he didn't get sent to prison. And, perhaps they are just pretending like they dislike each other during their meetings earlier in the season. Because when Sloane faked Emily's death, he pretended he thought she was dead even when no one else was around. So S/L could be pretending they don't like each other, even though they are the only two in a room.

4. As far as Sloane being Sydney's father...well, last season, Ron Rifkin begged JJ to not write a Sloane/Irina match into the episodes, because he thought it would kill every bit of humanity that anyone felt for him (i.e. his love for Emily). But...it would explain why Sloane has always acted the way he has around Syd. But, God, please don't let that be true. They can play with the idea all they want...but I don't want it to be true. Syd and Jack's relationship has been one of the foundations of the show...I don't want that messed with. Maybe the writers are just toying with the idea...like maybe Jack is really Syd's father, but Irina told Sloane years ago that Sydney was really his daughter, just to manipulate him...or perhaps to keep Sloane from killing Syd. Maybe Irina and Sloane DID have an affair, and so Irina allowed Sloane to believe that Syd was his daughter in hopes that Sloane would never kill her. I don't know...

5. Does anyone else here hope that one of the later episodes this season (17, 18, 19) will be called "Phase Two"? I know we always find out the titles of the episodes weeks before they actually air...I would freak if an episode was called that! Maybe we'd learn Sloane's endgame...or a piece of it, even.

Alias24-7-365 said:
4. As far as Sloane being Sydney's father...well, last season, Ron Rifkin begged JJ to not write a Sloane/Irina match into the episodes, because he thought it would kill every bit of humanity that anyone felt for him (i.e. his love for Emily). But...it would explain why Sloane has always acted the way he has around Syd. But, God, please don't let that be true. They can play with the idea all they want...but I don't want it to be true. Syd and Jack's relationship has been one of the foundations of the show...I don't want that messed with. Maybe the writers are just toying with the idea...like maybe Jack is really Syd's father, but Irina told Sloane years ago that Sydney was really his daughter, just to manipulate him...or perhaps to keep Sloane from killing Syd. Maybe Irina and Sloane DID have an affair, and so Irina allowed Sloane to believe that Syd was his daughter in hopes that Sloane would never kill her. I don't know...
I agree with this. I think that it is possible that Sloane and Irina had an affair, she is pregnant by JACK, but tells Sloane it is his (she is the queen of manipulation). I also remember reading somewhere that the writers were going to make Sloane Syd's dad but decided not to.

Also, didn't someone hint that there were upcoming problems in the Jack/Syd relationship? This could be the thought that Sloane is her father, but after DNA testing it is proved that Jack is her father.

ok sloane is def. head of the covanent, and since lauren helped with his pardon, he def got her into the covanent.

Slone is probably the head of the covenent, but if you ask me who the biggest "ass" is on the show I'd say it's Jack. Don't get me wrong,I love Jack.

:thinking:

aliasaddict26 said:
Also, didn't someone hint that there were upcoming problems in the Jack/Syd relationship? This could be the thought that Sloane is her father, but after DNA testing it is proved that Jack is her father.
I'm thinking that since EVERYone has had their hands on Syd's DNA by now, somebody would have already checked that possibility out. Especially Jack and Sloane. Not that they wouldn't pretend otherwise to suit their purposes... (as Irina possibly did before)

I think that even if the affair didn't result in a preggo, it would hit close to home if it had been Irina. They just haven't really introduced enough female characters to leave many other mating options. When Syd finds out, she will likely wonder about paternity and FREAK!

It would be interesting if Sloane were her father, since she has struggled so hard to build a relationship with the father she knew and hated. But doesn't it seem a bit much to have her do it all over again?

Poor girl needs to surround herself with better men!

And just to ruffle feathers (I don't believe this for a second), but what if it were Vaughn's mom? Irina killed V's 'dad' and she also knew Sloane, so there are connections in the past. Hehe. So then, Sloane and Vaughn could be decendents of Rambaldi, the spy baby can be conceived, and everything would be an incredible mess !!!

Either way, we can be fairly certain by the bogus YM article that Lauren is NOT a Sloanebaby so let's work on some other, original, theories! If he had a baby with the affair, there are plenty other young enough characters to be that offspring.

i was thinking last night! if sloane is the head of the covanent, how did he know lazarey was sarks father?? and how did he know about the money sark had?

corchadogirl said:
All I can say is <span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>DUH</span>!! did you guys really think that he turned over a new leaf.

And not only that, but I bet you right now.....mark my words.....that the person that Sloan had an affair with is Irina, and he is really Syd's father. It may sound far fetched, but just remember this 5 years down the line when it finally comes out and you remember I said it. Why do you think he was always so nice to her and never had her killed. He could of done it many times. And how he always says that she is :D like a daughter to him. Just think about it.
yeh, i agree with you that sloane is syd's father and all, but i really hope not

according to recent spoilers cole is the man behind the boss.

and being that cole HATES sloane, i doubt sloane is the head...plus that is much too obvious. i personally think it is one of the established bad guys...yet so many to choose from. *crosses* not sark JJ, not sark!

He's not the head of the covenant...we already know that McKennas Cole is...it would make sense that Sloane made the Cov, after he found out the info in Tibet and knew of "something else" that had to be done (for example..the Rambaldi baby)....

Angelus54 said:
He's not the head of the covenant...we already know that McKennas Cole is...it would make sense that Sloane made the Cov, after he found out the info in Tibet and knew of "something else" that had to be done (for example..the Rambaldi baby)....
how do we know that exactly? from what i have heard he is the second fiddle.

what is ur source for this? not picking on u, it's an actual question.

yeah...i guess it can be said that we all should have known this based on the cartoon of season 3. sloane is the ochestrator, and is pulling the strings that sydney is attached to as if she is a puppet. that would also imply (besides him being the leader of the covenant) that he is manipulating her either through what is doing now and will do in upcoming episodes, or what he has been responsible for in the past (ie her two year disappearance-which, i might add, if you rewatch the earlier episodes of season 3, he was vehemently accused of by both jack and sydney). i am anxious to see how this story line is developed...is it the 15th yet?????!!!! :angry:

edited: by two year disappearance i mean her abduction by the covenant that led to her being gone for two years...and that brings another question to mind. although this is from a different thread, if sloane in fact was sydneys father, why would he have killed her fiance and then make everyone in her life believe she was dead? also, he killed francie and wanted to kill will. a father would not be able to see his daughter go through that much pain.

I agree with you an all counts. Good points about the cartoonized alias and about Sloane not being Syd's dad because of all the death he has caused to those she loved.

cole is not the head of the covanent...and yes i agree most signs point to sloane being the head. that would make sense, seeing as lauren is helping the covanent and she helped with his pardon.

Please we all know Wess is the head of the Covenant... wouldnt that be crazy. :P

Seriously i think Cole is taking orders from Irina now. I think irina took control of the Covenant after Syd escaped. Or she knew Syd was a double agent at the Covenant and made sure she was protected by taking over the covenant. Doesn't explain the egg incident.

Maybe...Sloane is killing everyone Syd loves/loved in some kind of effort to isolate her. Maybe there is some part of the prophecy that won't come to pass if she has the support of her friends, Vaughn etc. I don't think that his evil actions rule out him being Syd's dad. How many abusive fathers exist in the world? MANY. Misguided people have committed violence in the name of love, power, etc. for all of time.

M. Cole is too much of a putz to be the actual head of the Covenant. He's kind of mentally unstable and petty which makes him NOT a brilliant strategist. I find Sloane, Sark, Irina or even Lauren much better choices. They are long range planners.

Back