Slow Down

Spirit

Cadet
Title: Slow Down
Summary: It's been two years since sydney came back and she now works as a high school teacher in new york. But how long will she be able to go without the CIA?
Disclaimer: I only own Robyn. Everything else belongs to the genius JJ.
A/N: This is my first fanfic... I hope you all enjoy it...

Two years had passed since Sydney came back. Two years had passed since Sydney learned someone who she truely believed was her soul mate had foolishly married another woman. Two years had passed and she wasn't over him. 730 days had passed and there wasnt one on which she hadn't thought of him. There is no getting over a soul mate. That was something Sydney had learned long ago.

That Tuesday was just like every other Tuesday. Sydney was pacing her classroom, thinking. Since she had left the CIA she had become a highschool teacher in New York. She thought of a lot of things while she paced her room. One of them being of Robyn Heart. Robyn was a student in her third period class and well there was just something about her. Sydney couldn't really place her finger on it but Robyn just kept reminding her of...Me. Sydney leaned her head against the cool glass. From her second story window she could easily see Robyn reading under a tree at the edge of the quad alone, as usual. The bell rung and Sydney went back to preparing her lecture.

Slowly but surely the students trickled in. Robyn took a seat in the back of the room with a melancoly expression on her face. Sydney felt a twinge of pity as she looked at Robyn. I'll find out what's up with her after class. She thought, but i've got to teach now.

"Ok so, who read Act 1 of Romeo and Juliet?" Sydney asked, starting the class

Sydney watched as the students looked from one to another, hoping they that they were not the only ones who didn't do the assignment. Slowly a few students raised their hands, Robyn included.

Sydney smiled, "Ok, so any of you understand it?"

Immediatly everyone but Robyn put their hands down. Sydney chuckled to herself.

"Robyn, care to explain it to the class?"

The look in Robyn's eyes showed the answer, it was a big clear "NO!!" but to Syd's surprise she started talking anyways.

"Romeo's family and Juliet's family hate each other.." She started shakily, "But Romeo's been in love with her and he's been acting weird and his family notices... they don't know who it is but they know something's up. And Romeo's off day dreaming about her while the families are fighting and threatening each other. Benvolio and Romeo talk and then Benvolio tells Romeo to forget about her but Romeo says he can't unless he learns not to think.."

"Good, Robyn. It's not that hard to understand, you just have to read it carefully. Can anyone relate this to modern life?" Sydney asked the class, who was jsut stairing at her dumbstruck, "Oh come on, I know someone here gets what I mean." Sydney looked around the class, "Tom, what do you think?"

"Well uh.." he started playing with the football jacket, "It's like like me and Crystal.. her parents hate me, mine hate hers, but we're like soulmates. Nothing can keep us apart, we're like totally destined." Tom smiled smugly.

Oh Tom you're so young, you have no idea what a soulmate is...Sydney forced herself to snap out of it, she had a class to teach after all. But still...Vau..

"Vaughn! Vaughn!" Weiss called after vaughn, "Hey, man, what's up? You're all like, not here today."

Vaughn sighed, "It's just lauren thats all."

"Oh yea? What happened now?" he asked in an annoyed tone

"We're getting a divorce." Vaughn said quietly. I did it. I admitted it.

"Oh. Wow man, that sucks. But let me say, it's about time. I mean three years of Lauren- wow. We should go celebrate the fact that you servived man." Weiss joked

Vaughn knew Eric was just trying to cheer him up but Vaughn didn't really want to be cheered up. He deserved this after all, he betrayed the one woman he ever truely loved. Worse than that he had absoulutly no idea where she was, so he couldn't even go prove himself. Oh Syd where are you?

Weiss saw his sad expression and wished he could help his friend but he wasn't sure how to.
"Hey, it's gonna be ok. Tell you what, why don't you come over tonight and we'll get totally drunk?"

Vaughn snapped out of his trance, "Uh..I don't know, I'll think about it."

"Great!" Weiss said clapping his hands together, "Oh by the way, I told you so."

Vaughn glared at him.

"I mean.. there's a breafing in five minutes." Weiss sighed I'm gonna have to get him really drunk to get through this.

"Ok, read act 2 tonight. Oh and Robyn, see me after class." Sydney finish just as the bell rang.

Once the room was empty Robyn came up, "Y-you wanted to talk to me Miss Bristow?"

"Yea, what's up?" Sydney asked concerned

Robyn doged the question, "There's an algebra class about us, mam."

Sydney scowled, "You know what I mean, you're overly depressed today. So what's wrong?"

Robyn staired at the ground and Sydney knew she was trying not to cry. Robyn sighed

"My dad's buisness trip was extended..but why do you care?" She asked defensively

Wow, she is me. Sydney thought, remembering all the times her father was gone on "buissness" trips.

Sydney looked at her sympathetically, "My dad was gone on tons of buisness trips when I was a kid. I almost never saw him."

"Oh.." Robyn said, defeated,"Sucks, doesn't it?"

Sydney laughed, "Yes it does. Where are you staying? I mean you don't have anyone else do you?"

Robyn shaked her head sadly, "I have a nanny..she's not that good though...always gone."

Sydney frowned, "Yeah.. I know what that's like.." she looked at Robyn, "If you ever need to talk, I'm here ok?"

"Ok." Robyn smiled, "but I've got to get home now."

"Sure. Ok." Sydney nodded, "Good work today, Robyn."

"Thanks Miss Bristow." she said as she left the classroom

Vaughn, Jack, Weiss, Marshall and Dixon were in the breafing room. There was a picture of a CIA agent on the screen.

"William Heart was abducted during a mission in Paris by the Covenant yesterday." Dixon started, "He was carrying Omega 17 classified files on his person. We believe that is why the covenant abducted him. We can't tell you what's in those documents for obvious reasons, but we need to get them back. Vaughn, Weiss, you'll be going to London to retrive the files."

"Do we have any idea where they are?" Vaughn asked

"We believe they are in the safe of the British Musuem. Apperently the curator, Alexander Ford, is in the covenant's pocket. You'll break in, steal the documents and return home."

"What about Heart? I mean hasn't he read the documents, shouldn't we get him?" Weiss asked

"Well uh, the documents, they're in Rambaldi code, so he couldn't read them anyways." Marshall stated

"As of now we don't have a clue on where they could be keeping Heart, as soon as we get intel we'll be sending you after him." Dixon said, "Ok we're done. Vaughn and Weiss go to Marshall for op tech."

Vaughn, Marshall and Weiss left the room. It was just Dixon and Jack now.

"Have you spoken to Sydney lately?" Dixon asked

"Yes, she's doing fine. Still refuses to come back. It's good that she has a normal life now. She's safe now." Jack said with a hint of happiness in his voice

"Maybe, maybe not. Agent Heart has a daughter, she's one of Sydney's students." Dixon said

"Is there any chance the convenant will go after her?" Jack asked

"I don't believe so, but if there is and they kidnap her, Sydney's going to get dragged into this." Dixon warned

Jack thought a moment, "Ok, on their way back we'll have Vaughn and Weiss pick up the kid."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's all for now.. I hope you liked it... :thinking:

well being that I am the wonderful & talented :beta: :angelic:
i LOVED it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you guys are soooooo gonna love this story - its so totally awsome!!!!!!!!!
:D
great job spirit :hug:

Back