Mobile Smartphone companies are tricking their customers...

Martin

Cadet
Asian smartphone developers such as HTC and Samsung, among others, have been caught tricking their customers. By manipulating their phones to run benchmark tests differently from the normal usage their phones show better performance than the phone is actually capable of putting out.

The scam or trickery (whatever you want to call it) was discovered by a user on twitter and investigated by the tech-related site AnandTech.

Link: www.anandtech.com/show/7384/state-of-cheating-in-android-benchmarks

What are your thoughts? It's hardly controversial in the sense that we didn't know companies like to exaggerate their marketing, but still. When big names in the industry like Samsung, Asus and HTC are thrown around it get's a bit frightening.

I don't run benchmark tests on my phone, I don't know what the standard performance is and, honestly, I don't care. So long as it does what I need it to do within a reasonable amount of time, I'm good :D

Apple was not included in the cheating. Only Asian manufacturers like Samsung, Asus and HTC were found to have cheated. Meaning android.

Back