Smile

Please Oplease Oplease Please Please, let it be Vaughn. It has to be Vaughn coming to declare his love and to stop the wedding. Please Oplease Oplease. Anyway excellent story.
-Avrilfan89
🐈
P.S. It has to be Vaughn

Ohhhh! I'm so excited for your next chapter. It has to be Vaughn behind that door! This is great (how many times have I told you that now?) and it's so well written. I'm realy impressed by your writing and I can't wait for more.
~kate

wildwildrae said:
Vaughn!! It's Vaughn!!! It has to be him!

If it's not, this is a very cruel cliffhanger....

Post more NOW, not tomorrow! Now, now!! ack!

Rachel
LMAO!! Yes!! I agree!! It has to be Vaughn!!! But, you don't have to post right away, I'm good with waiting. :smiley: But YES! EVIL CLIFFHANGER! ^_^

MORE RIGHT NOW GOSH DANG IT HOW CAN YOU DO THAT TO ME????????? THIS IS SO SO SO SO GOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aaaaahhhhhhh!!!! I am so in love with this story!!! :kissme: :lovers: :love: 👄 *Sigh* Please let it be Vaughn!! It has to be Vaughn!! LOL...I keep screaming that to my computer!!.....I think it's starting to get mad at me. :confused: :blush: :angelic: NEways, please post more ASAP!! This is such an amazing story!! Can't wait for more. :woot: :woot:
-Karie-

Thanks again. Sorry....I know I'm evil with cliffhangers... :angelic: You love them...I know it. ;) So...you all think it's Vaughn huh????? We'll see:

Chapter 5

Sydney’s ears immediately perk up at the sound of his voice. She is extremely surprised that he would come, after all, didn’t he just write a note apologizing that he couldn’t come? But secretly deep down, she was hoping he would. Remember to breathe she thinks to herself over and over again. All she could manage out was a soft, “hi.”

“ Hi...” he says just as quietly. He remains standing at the doorway, unsure of whether or not to step inside.

She still has her back to him, but she can still see part of his legs in bottom left corner of the mirror. “ I thought you said you weren’t going to be here.” Please tell me that you’re here to tell me something, her mind prays unconsciously.

He sighs and replies, “ Yeah, I wasn’t.”

“ Oh,” she tries to use a nonchalant tone, but it comes out with an air of sadness.

“ I thought it was going to be too hard.”

“ Yeah, you’re right. It’s probably very difficult to come up with a good cover for you being here. Plus, Sloane is here as a guest and… ” she starts to babble on.

“ No, that’s not it. It’s hard, for other reasons, I mean… Jack did offer me a cover as a relative who you had lost touch with, but was in the area.” It is hard to believe that Jack would offer Vaughn an opportunity like that knowing the risks involved. If anyone from SD-6 security section found out that Sydney had any contact with the real CIA, her cover may be blown. Jack had seen the friendship his daughter shared with her handler and knew it was special. He, too, wanted her day to be the best and finally pulled some strings. A week ago, Jack came by Vaughn’s office and handed him an envelope. Inside, was a profile with Vaughn’s picture, but the information was different. The place of birth, the birthdate, parents names, occupation, hobbies, interests, and even age was of another man. Most importantly it said: distant relative of Jack Bristow from his father’s side. Then at the bottom, in Jack’s handwriting, it read: “ If you want to be there, you may find this information useful.”

“ He did?” she feels grateful that her dad actually thought about everything when it interested her. In the back of her head, she will remember to thank him.

“ Yes. But I’m not going to use it. Because I am not staying.”

She nods her head up and down and asks, “ Then why are you here?” It is the question she has wanted to ask since he came in, but was fearful of the answer. She begins to have an uneasy feeling in the pit of her stomach. She knows that everything, everything she has planned for the past six months, could change if he answers with the right words.

Vaughn hangs his head down. Why is he here? He has been asking himself one question his whole way here. While leaving his apartment, while driving, while walking down the hall, while opening the door, he thought, “ Why are you doing this?” He woke up in the morning determined not to end up in the place he currently is at.

After not getting a wink of sleep the night before, this morning he took a quick shower wishing that his clustered mind would just relax. Surprisingly, the shower did relax his body. He settled down on the couch, and as his eyes were closing shut, there was a knock on the door. It was Weiss.

“ Hey man, how you been?” Vaughn shot him a look like, don’t tell me I don’t look like hell. “ That good?” Weiss joked.

“ I haven’t been getting much sleep the past few days. A lot on my mind.”

“ Those pills I gave you didn’t work their magic? Funny, they always work for me. You know what your problem is buddy? You think too much. WAY too much. It’s not good for your health. Have you been checking your blood pressure? ”

“ Thanks” Vaughn said back sarcastically.

“ Anyway, where’s Donovan?” Vaughn pointed to the kitchen. Donovan was guarding a sports bag with his stuff inside. “ So….it’s the big day.”

“ Yeah.”

“ You’re sure about this now?” Weiss gave him raised eyebrows.

“ I’ve gone over it all in my head a million times. The pro’s and the con’s.”

“ Well, you know she just might hate you for this.”

“ No, she’ll get over it. She’s starting a new life.”

“ She never said she wanted the old one completely gone.” Weiss challenged him again with his eyebrows. When they got particularly stressed with work and wanted to act like boys sometimes, they’d have stupid contests. A particularly favorite one was the eyebrow challenges. Vaughn won more times because he could raise his eyebrows separately and Weiss couldn’t. Weiss did work on it though. But usually the challenges just end up with laughing fits and a tie. Though silly, it does its job and releases the stresses they’ve had.

“ Don’t give me that Eric. It’s just easier for everyone. Okay?”

“ Everyone?”

“ Fine! Me! Okay?” Vaughn was suddenly not in control of his emotions. “ It’s easier for me if I do this. You’re happy now? I said it. It’s all for me.”

“ Whoa, no need to take my head off. The only way I’d be happy is if you’re happy, and I’m not sure what you’re doing is going to make you happy.”

“ It may not seem like it now, but it will.”

“ So, you’re not even going to tell her?” That’s what he spent all last night thinking about. It got him no where with the fact that her face kept popping up every few minutes.

“ If she hates me, it may be better when she meets her new handler.”

“ Of all the days, you pick this one. I don’t think it’s a coincidence. When was the last time you guys spoke?”

“ Two and a half weeks ago. She hasn’t been sent on many missions because of the preparations.”

“ That isn’t a short time. Do you even remember what she still looks like?” Weiss meant it as a joke, but it scared Vaughn like crazy. His felt a sudden pang inside his chest. After that comment, he let his body move without even thinking until he arrived at the door.

Sydney couldn’t take his silence anymore and she asks again in an annoyed tone, “ Well…why are you here then?”

“ Because…” silence again. “ Because, I wanted to see you as just Sydney Bristow one last time. After today, you may be some other Sydney,” he tells her solemnly.

*Sniff* OMG!! Too sad!! :confused:
LMAO about Donovan guarding his sports bag!! :lol: :P That reminded me of my dog!! He's very protective of his stuff also. :P Great story. Seriously can't wait for more. I hope Vaughn and Sydney are able to tell each other how they feel. *sniff**sniff* I need a happy ending. :(
:D :D :D
-Karie-

Back