Politics Smoking in Resturants/Public places

Are you Pro or Con for Smoking in Resturants and public places?

• Pro (Yes)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Con (No)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
while you may argue that they have a right to smoke, i have a right to walk down the street, wait for the bus, walk down the street, and walk down the street without having to inhale cigarette smoke.

i thought smoking and non-smoking sections in restaurants were only in movies. i've never seen anybody smoke in a restaurant. maybe it's just california.

while you may argue that they have a right to smoke, i have a right to walk down the street, wait for the bus, walk down the street, and walk down the street without having to inhale cigarette smoke.

i thought smoking and non-smoking sections in restaurants were only in movies. i've never seen anybody smoke in a restaurant. maybe it's just california.

You've never seen anyone smoke in a restaurant?! :blink: Wow...consider yourself lucky. I don't know if I've ever been in a restaurant where at least one person wasn't smoking. I guess they don't call it "tobacco road" for nothing. But smoking and non-smoking sections are a joke. Smoke spreads across the whole restaurant. It doesn't matter where you're sitting, you're going to be inhaling and smelling like smoke if someone in the restaurant is smoking.

Its called a non-smoking section. ANd for the record, I hate when people smoke, but they have every right to.

Talk about restricting civil liberties.

What about the liberties of those who don't want to get sick from passive smoking? A line has to be drawn when one group of people enjoying their rights severely restricts / endangers another group of people...

If cigarrettes were a 'new' drug, ie been found in the last 5-10 years, then it would be illegal.

Unfortunately the governments make a hell of a lot out of smokers, and a lot of them smoke themselves, which is why it will not get what it deserves, a full ban.

Never posted here worth a shot...

In Australia, or as i know it in most if not all of the capital cities smoking is banned in all sheltered places,( bus stops, train stations, tram stops and so forth) Resturants, Bars, within 10 metres of a building entrance, and now I think they what ot put in a lAw about it being around school and place where there are young children.

I am no for Smoking in public place, but they have much a right to smoke as we have to object to them smoking...

Well I voted con, but as much as I think it's stupid, people should have free will. If they wanna smoke, do it in your house all you want. I'm one who thinks smoking cigarettes should be illegal but marijuana should be legal at monitored doses like in Canada.

Back