Sneak peek at Lost, season 3

Lost News

Official News Poster
From Sci Fi Wire:

This does talk about potential cast, so be aware of that.

Next Season's Lost Sneaked

Producers of ABC's hit series Lost, which aired its surprising second-season finale on May 24, told SCI FI Wire that it sets up the upcoming third season, which will focus more on romance—and on the mysterious Others. "The Others are an important part of season three, and there's a lot of mysteries and a lot of questions about the Others that the audience is going to be curious about going into season three," said executive producer Carlton Cuse in an interview. "And those are the things we're going to explore."

Cuse added: "There will definitely be some new characters on the show next year. ... Obviously, Michael Emerson, who plays Henry Gale, he's someone who's going to be very prominent in the show next year." [Woo-hoo! ~ ed.] Fans were also introduced to a new character who promises to figure in next season's storylines: Penelope Widmore, played by Sonya Walger.

In the finale, viewers find out where Desmond (Henry Ian Cusick) was, what happens when the button doesn't get pushed, why the plane crashed and the fate of Michael (Harold Perrineau) and Walt (Malcolm David Kelley). At the end, Jack (Matthew Fox), Kate (Evangeline Lilly) and Sawyer (Josh Holloway) are prisoners of the Others. And Claire (Emilie de Ravin) gives Charlie (Dominic Monaghan) a kiss.

"I'm excited about love in season three," said executive producer Bryan Burk, adding: "Don't forget now the people have been on the island for 60-plus days. They're now obviously more familiar with each other. ... The concept of love [is there], and ... it weaves its way through all of our characters. It's going to be much more prevalent in season three."

Now that Lost has finished shooting, the season-three writers met recently for a "boot camp" in Hawaii, where they broke the main story arcs for next year. "It's fun, because we're still kind of following on a macro level the same trajectory that we talked about years ago," Burk said. "The details are changing on this, and new characters that we hadn't thought about are here, ... but what's fun is kind of the whole big journey is still kind of where we had originally talked about it. And it feels as I had always said from day one, when I was doing interviews in season one, I kept saying that the show doesn't really start kicking in for me until seasons two and three. ... Somebody smarter than me recently said in a TV Guide letter, ... 'If you think you're still watching a show about people who crashed on an island, you're watching another show.' There's a lot going on, and as we move forward, ... we're getting deeper into the center of the onion." —Patrick Lee, News Editor

I am glad they are focusing on romance because I want Jack and Kate to get together and Charlie and Claire to get back together. Well its not like they were really "together". They just had a strong relationship :D

Yea i absolutly want Jack and Kate to get together, but im not sure they will. Actually im not sure anyone will really get together. With ppl dieing all the time and it being a drama television program i think the chances that Jack and Kate, Or Sawyer and Kate, or anyone else getting together much is quite slim.

Back