GFX Snowflight - Original Music Suite

Yay, the forums are back! I just wanted to repost this thread since it was the only one I started, and it got lost during the transition to the new board~

Hello all! I've been posting sporadically here for a while now, and it never really occurred to me until now to share some of the music that I've written. Since I've written a piece that somewhat indirectly relates to HJ by means of the lead artist, I figure now is a perfect time to share.

The piece is called Snowflight and originated from a painting. I'm sure you're all familiar with the work of Tracy J. Butler. It's a funny story really. I have been a fan of her work for a long time now, but it wasn't until a month ago that I rediscovered her website and found out that, in fact, she was the illustrator behind all the crazy-cool concept art I'd been digging for Hero's Journey.

When browsing through her gallery, I came across a painting called Wrong Way that really struck my creative nerve. Though the description for the painting named it an illustration for an existing story, a wholly different one began seeping into my head from looking at the painting. So I started writing out sketches for what the piece might encompass. After a while, it became apparent that I had too many ideas for just one piece of music. Eventually, after more sketches and brainstorming I came up with a seven-movement form that would take the listener aurally through the whole story I had envisioned.

A word of caution though, it's a bit epic in length, but certainly worth it if you're able to listen to the whole thing continuously. Please, enjoy, and feel free to post your thoughts if you're so inclined :smiley:

Snowflight

Outskirts I ~ 2:09
Morning Life ~ 4:50
Outskirts II ~ 2:19
The Forest ~ 4:14
Outskirts III ~ 3:01
Mourning Death ~ 3:27
Soar ~ 4:08
---
Total runtime ~ 24:18
---
All Movements (.rar)
All Movements (.zip)

hmm.. let's see.. what did I say..

oh yes...

It was very enjoyable to listen to. You are very talented. Thank you for the Tracy Butler link.
Outskirts II was my favourite.
It sort of reminded me of a cross between Tchaikovsky and the Final Fantasy VII score.

Something like that. Ho hum. :cool:

Back