So is it 20 or 22 episodes???

ivand67

Sydney's Lover
OK. I am among the few that believe it will be better long-term if Alias actually airs without any off weeks or repeats during the season, so having it premiere in January isn't so bad after all IMO.

Of course, I'm not thrilled about having to wait 7 months for it to air again.

But my big concern is losing 2 episodes.

The TNT deal for fall 2005 re-runs calls for ABC to deliver them 88 episodes - 22 for each 4 seasons.

I'm editing this since verdantheart didn't like it<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>I WANT 22 EPISODES!!!!!</span>

That is total bullycrap!!!! (I also edited that, are you happy now Mr. Verdantheart?) ;)

So, what's the word on the # of episodes. Is it gonna be 20 or 22? I couldn't find the article where it said "20-episode run". Was that a quote? Maybe it was just an error??

What the hell's goin on?

So far, from what I've seen, only a TVGuide.com article said Alias would enjoy a "20-episode run".

If this is somehow a mistake and they will air 22 episodes, I will hunt down whoever said 20. That is just not cool.

this is so unfair, if they are gonna make us wait, which by the way I also think will be better for alias in the long run, the should give us 22 episodes!!! I really hope it was just an error!

20 episodes i heard from 3 different sources!!! Grrrrrrrr!!! That Steve McPherson guy is gonna get a nastygram from me!!!! Just wait til i find his email address.

I'd ask nicely, rather than writing a "nastygram." That's more likely to bring a favorable response.
;)

20 episodes the season is also partly due to J.J. Abrams asking to reduce the work a little so that more quality can be put into those 20 episodes. Just think about it 20 episodes isn't bad at all. And I'm sure IF we get a season 5 there will be a full 22 episode order. 20 episodes is enough to tell a seasons story.

IMO, this is not a case of, "oh well at least it's coming back." THEY BETTER BRING IT BACK!

It's a case of, why in the world are you changing a show's episodic structure? Alias has 22 episodes per season. That's SET.

Wanna change it to 20? Well then you better give me a good explanation on why you're changing it to 20.

Those are 84-88 minutes of Alias that we're all losing - and that's just NOT cool.
I'm still outraged at this. I want the official word on the number of episodes really bad.

Looking at the number of episodes ordered for other shows, it does seem like it is pretty common to reduce it by a few after the first few seasons. Both ER and The Practice reduced by a few. However, I think most shows start at 24 episodes and reduce to 22.

I like that. Another good thing, if they've ordered 88 episodes... and Alias is only going for 20 next season:

So far 3 seasons:

__
66 episodes

20 more would make 86 episodes. Which means that they are planning to have Alias continue even through season 5... so they meet the 88 episode thing... :D :D

yeah thats what i heard. i dont mind 20 episodes, its only 2 less than normal and in the end it doesnt really matter to me as long as its a good season!

this just is what i have heard. tnt has a deal with abc and touchstone to air alias 5 nights a week starting in 2005. the conditions of this deal include: each episode is 1 hour long including commercials, and there will be 88 episodes. abc and touchstone stand to make $20-40,000 (cant remember which) from this deal.

so if we get a 2 hour premiere and finale, it would actually be 2 episodes aired back-to-back. i hope we get 22 episodes (i have heard 22 on other sites, i cant remember which). it is also possible that they havent decided yet.

csisagent said:
20 episodes the season is also partly due to J.J. Abrams asking to reduce the work a little so that more quality can be put into those 20 episodes. Just think about it 20 episodes isn't bad at all. And I'm sure IF we get a season 5 there will be a full 22 episode order. 20 episodes is enough to tell a seasons story.
2 more episodes is not that much work...
grr...

Back