so where are you?

Tom

An Old Friend
British Isles

The Geograph British Isles project aims to collect a geographically representative photograph for every square kilometre of the British Isles and you can be part of it.

Already you can...

* search images taken by other members
* browse images on a map
* upload pictures and information
* discuss the site on our forums
* view statistics of images submitted
* view the full list of images

Look out for more cool features coming soon!

What is Geographing?

* It's a game - how many grid squares will you contribute?
* It's a geography project for the people
* It's a national photography project
* It's a good excuse to get out more!
* It's a free and open online community project for all

How do I get started?

Registration is free so come and join us and see how many grid squares you can claim first! Read the FAQ, then get submitting - we hope you'll enjoy being a part of this great project

Here's a few tips for using our map - we're still developing and testing this, so if you notice any problems, do let us know.

* Click on the large map to zoom in on an area of interest. You can also use the + and - buttons to zoom in and out, or the keyboard shortcuts Alt+Q to zoom out and Alt+S to zoom in
* Pan the map using the links at the edges of the map, or the N,E,S,W buttons. You can also use the keyboard shortcuts Alt+W, Alt+D, Alt+X and Alt+A to pan the map
* You can also pan the map by clicking the smaller overview map
Map Browsing :: HS0000 :: Geograph Britain and Ireland

interesting idea, you can, with some difficulty, find a location by clicking on the map and zooming in. but the search facility is more handy there. you then get the chance to view images people have taken at that location

(my hopes were up thinking satellite maps since i'm currently trying to show someone where i live to come buy one of my bikes off me!)

map/aerial photo

(my hopes were up thinking satellite maps since i'm currently trying to show someone where i live to come buy one of my bikes off me!)[/QUOTE said:
Try multi-map.com - you can zoom in to your location in either map or photo switching as you click on ever expanding grid squares.

multi-map.com goes to a link site

been through half the rest so far and can't find my city anywhere on the sites i treid that are so hard and dfifficult to browse round

Back