So who's Sydney's dad and why?

Who do you think is Sydney's dad and why?

• Y'know, I just like the idea of Sloane as Sydney's father. It fits. I don't care why.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sloane is. He had the affair and he tested it out.

• It's like Sloane says; he believes it because of Sydney's strength (yeah, right). But he's right; he

• It's like Sloane says. But he's wrong; Jack is.

• Sloane believes he is because Irina made him believe it--but he's not. Jack is.

• Jack is, but Sloane has somehow set it up to make it seem that Sloane is.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Jack just better be because Sloane being Sydney's dad is just wrong.

• It's probably someone else entirely.

• How should I know? It's too complicated!

• Total voters
Rinda said:
Or perhaps this is directed towards flushing out Irina?
I voted that Jack is - and Sloane is setting it up. My thinking was, what better way to get back at Jack. But I'm really liking your theory on flusing out Irina, Rinda. I know everybody's been talking about Lena Olin not being on the show this year but.... in the back of my mind, I think J.J. has something up his sleeve. Even Jennifer Garner said at E!'s Oscar red carpet special that there were some surprise guest stars coming up. I'm crossing my fingers that Lena is coming back and this could be just what makes Irina surface. (Or this could be wishful thinking on my part..... let a girl dream. :P )

Yeah. Well. At this point, I'll be glad to see Irina, but I'm not planning on being a big Lena Olin fan. I just expect her to do her usual excellent job.
:lol:

Well having had major laptop computer problems and also having trouble getting into AA from there and being gone...I couldn't get here until now. :angry:

SO that said, a couple of things.
ONE: Everyone who reads your column, columns knows YOU ARE A JACK SHIPPER!
Why not own up to it under your avatar? (Let's hear it from all of your readers.)
Sorry I shouted... ^_^

So everyone who reads my stories and columns elsewhere knows I'm a J/I shipper with heavy emphasis on IRINA.

Now as to this poll you've so tongue-in-cheek set up. I voted "Sloane believes he is because Irina made him believe it--but he's not. Jack is."

WHY: Ahh yes, why would Irina make or even want him believe it? (Of course, this means they had an affair.) So grrrr that said, why the lie? To protect Sydney above all costs. Remember in TTT, the conversation betwen Sloane and Irina. "We had an agreement." And didn't Sloane say this to Judy B ? They had an agreement not to speak of this to any one ever. (Irina's going to kill the bastard when she finds out.)Why protect Sydney? Mom has been protecting her ever since she was born. Irina knows something more than Sloane and knew it long before Page 47 was found. She is a certified Rambaldi expert (I'm quoting Jack). ERgo the lie she told Sloane about Syd's paternity. Naturally, because she was not able to stay in the family, she had to make sure he would never harm Syd.

Now we talk about betrayal of Jack and Sydney. Jack, yes, Sydney, no. She left because the FBI had tracked her down. She was not going to stick around to be executed or at the least given life imprisonment (which I doubt, due to the assassinations attributed to her). She disappeared because she did not want her six year old daughter to be harrassed or talked about, when her mother she adored was arrested and put on trial. She died in auto accident. It was something Sydney could understand and accept. Sloane, believing he was father, would never harm her until Irina could "return."

(Now all of this is predicated on JJ's intentions or not.)

So Irina returned, walking-in, putting herself at great risk at the hands of the CIA in order to see her daughter AND to get back into Sloane's circle. (In the course of her stay, she was set up by Jack and nearly executed. There was no way she could have anticipated her rescue by Sydney and certainly would not be able to plan, in spite of Jack's assertion.) We know she had, as Jack said, another agenda: to get her hands on all of Rambaldi's artifacts. To do that she had to find where the CIA had stashed their cache (Higher Echelon) and to get her hands on the heart manuscript (ADT). With that completed, she was extracted.

Now she was nowhere near Sydney, but unaccountably, time after time, she called or showed up wherever Sydney was available. In the Second Double, Irina shows up at the server farm when Sydney arrives.(Sark may have led her to do the deed, but even he was not privy to the exact time.) In The Telling she shows up at the ice rink AFTER Vaughn leaves...also shows up killing Sloane's men in the gunfight between them and Sydney and Vaughn. She disappears into a building overrun by CIA men and escapes. She calls Sydney at the office...
There has to be someone in the CIA who is an informant. (My choice is EW)

So what it boils down is...Irina has protected Sydney from birth. She knows the significance of the Rambaldi page 47. She told Sloane Sydney was his daughter in order to protect Sydney.

By the way VH, it wouldn't surprise me to learn that somewhere on Irina's body is a <o>. :rolleyes:

:cool:

lenafan said:
ONE: Everyone who reads your column, columns knows YOU ARE A JACK SHIPPER!
Why not own up to it under your avatar? (Let's hear it from all of your readers.)
Sorry I shouted... ^_^
Sure, I like Jack. Very much. That's no secret. But it takes two to make a ship, doesn't it?

So I assume that you're wondering why I don't put myself down as a staunch J/I shipper? If you recall, although I'm keeping my mind open about Ms Derevko, it will take more than a great deal of explaining to justify what she has done. Destroying the man that you supposedly love--a man who would doubtlessly be first in line to assist you if your motives are, in fact, honorable as they must be to be justifyable--leaves little room indeed for acceptable explanation. (In fact, it might even be more interesting for her to be completely evil, yet still in love--forced to make her rare mistakes because of it. Please don't kill me for suggesting such a thing, she's-good contingent! It would certainly make her a character that like few others I've seen in literature.)

In Irina we continue to see a woman who demands everything and gives nothing in terms of trust. A woman who eagerly used Jack to further her professional goals last season with total disregard for his feelings or well-being. Why would I want to see them together? Because I enjoy seeing Jack tortured? (Well, the more angst Jack goes through, the more I see of him, so I guess there is some truth to that! ;) )

So should I be a J/I shipper? Irina must show me why I should.
;)

Sorry for wandering :eek:fftopic: , just answering the question . . .
:blush:

VH
Sorry, didn't mean to confuse. I always thot "shipper" meant worshipper. I know you are not a J/I shipper, but you certainly qualify as a Jack shipper, probably the biggest on the boards.
I don't consider this too far off topic since it deals with Jack and Irina, the subject being paternity.

YOUR #1 FAN, :cool:

Ah, I see. I understand that "shipper" comes from the word "relationship." Therefore, it takes two to make a ship.
;)

Bumping . . . this has more options than the other poll.
;)

verdantheart said:
So should I be a J/I shipper? Irina must show me why I should.
;)
Exactly. What has Irina really done to show that she loves Jack? She has far too many apologists among "Alias" fans and not enough people asking why she demands trust when she will not explain herself or face up to what she has done. Many still say that she and Jack worked together to engineer her escape in Panama. Stuff and nonsense! If she had stuck with Jack's plan, Sloane would have been put in prison and who knows what kind of opportunities Irina might have had to mend fences with her familyafter that. She had a second chance here, and she blew it. She ran out on them again. That is the act of a coward, not a courageous person. And I wouldn't put it past her to have had an affair with Sloane.

Oh, wait, I'm off-topic here. :sorry: I voted that Sloane being Sydney's father is just wrong. I know there would be some "Alias" fans who would be OK with it, but most would be deeply offended. I may stop watching and never watch a JJ Abrams show again. It's just wrong. :angry:

Ophelia Posted on Apr 9 2004, 03:42 PM
If she had stuck with Jack's plan, Sloane would have been put in prison and who knows what kind of opportunities Irina might have had to mend fences with her familyafter that. She had a second chance here, and she blew it. She ran out on them again.

Ahhh, but then we would not know anything more about Rambaldi and there wouldn't be an Alias. JJ would fold his tent down and slip away.
Irina (I say) knows more about the future than we know. SHe knows Sydney is the chosen one, but who told her or what is it that drives her. The woman is an enigma and more complex than Jack, who is, I think one of the best fiction male characters ever written. AND there is a lot more to him than we know. (Yeah, yeah, JJ and the writers are really at fault.)
OK so I'm :eek:fftopic: again.
:cool:

my mom said sloane was her dad in the first season. i hope jack is just because, he's jack, he's spy daddy, he makes his decisions because of syd, i love him. but truly i have no idea. i love irina and am disappointed that she would EVER EVER EVER have an affair with sloane! but anyway...i think it could be anyone, but it's complicated and truly i have no idea

Acting_chica said:
i love irina and am disappointed that she would EVER EVER EVER have an affair with sloane!
She didn't marry Jack because she loved him, she married him because it was her job. The fact that she came to love him didn't change the fact that she had a job to do and she apparently did it--or something like it (I'm positive that she always had an agenda a little bit separate from her employers ;) ). If her job or agenda dictated that she have an affair with someone else--while she was with Jack or apart from him--do you think she was a shrinking violet?! I doubt it! She has a job to do. She's didn't shrink from betraying Jack just because it would "hurt his feelings," did she? Why would having an affair be any different? It's just another kind of betrayal. And we know Irina didn't shrink from affairs after leaving Jack, did she (Cuvee, for sure)? But, remember, Cuvee was insanely jealous of Jack--it's only Jack that Irina has any real feeling for.
;)

If you've seen season 3,
it's been pretty much settled per DNA that it's Jack--if you believe him, anyway. ;) (And what an anticlimax after the buildup, BTW. The writers really didn't think through the dramatic consequences of the storyline, IMHO. As I've said before, the problem was that this Luke-I-am-your-father storyline differs from Star Wars significantly in that unlike Luke, Sydney has a perfectly good, living father--one infinitely preferable to Sloane--and this revelation would have seriously--perhaps fatally--undercut previous important storylines.)

Natalia said:
Will is her father. Why? Why not?
[post="1037485"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

:lol: :lol: That's great! Now people will have to start a Will/Irina shippers club. Should they call themselves Willrina?

Back