soccer goalkeepers

Kewii

April 27th
i'm hoping i'm not the only goalie on this site. Anyways my problem is that I always have to train alone, just me.
So I was wondering if anyone had any advice on good training exercises that i can do alone

I do a lot of stuff with the ball on the wall...but I just need to work on other stuff now..Like my diving

I just have my little sister try to throw stuff in a net and I have to stop it, and for diving, my brother and I always fight for the computer. I have to dive to get it. Lol!

Kick a tennis ball against the wall, and stop it. Kick it really hard. It's harder to stop a tennis ball than a soccer ball, so it will make you even better. I assume you mean soccer anyways...if it's hockey, so the same thing with a marble ;)

I know another really good drill to help your reactions. Lay down on the ground with your hand at your side and have someone drop a ball on your head. The point of this drill is to try to catch the ball. You have to have very quick reactions though or else....... you wont be so lucky. ;)

i got some

ive been a goalie for about 8 years now...how old are you...and how long have you been playing?

sit down on your butt and bounce the ball on the ground (hard) and get up and catch it before it bounces...it works on getting up fast

volley the ball against a wall at an angle so you have to dive for it...the easier it gets, change the angles and get closer to the wall

just to work on technique for dives, go to a field with a line. place 2 balls on the other side of the line, not to far away, about 2 body lengths apart. dive and get hand to the balls quickly. make sure feet do not cross line, so you are diving at an angle forward. you can slowly spread the balls farther and farther apart to work on stretching, or see how many you can do in a minute (for pressure training)

and you can always work on punting in an empty goal

for fast hands, stand with your legs a little bit farther apart than shoulder length...hold a ball (medicine balls are good) in between your legs, so that one hand is in front of your legs and the other is behind. now switch hands so that they are in opposite positions without letting ball drop to ground, and try not to throw it up...do it for a while, until you get a rhythm, and see how many you can do

hmmmm...hope thats good enough for now

I've been a goalie for about 11 years now, i'm 19 now.

Thos are some excellent drills too, some of them are old to me, but I'd forgotten them and they're great to add back into my routine.

The only one I cant do is the angle dive, which is part of my problem. The walls I use are only next to pavement..lol that would hurt.

If you have any other ideas let me know please :smiley:

my friends a goalie and she goes to goalie camp and she goes to goalie training so i dunno ima forward so srry i don't really have any techniques but my bro is a goal keeper and hes younger so i shoot on him and it helps him cuz im older and have a better shot then the ppl that shoot on him normally

then there are always drills for power dives...put a bad down (make sure it is a good sized bag...about the same size as a person) and back off at an angle...have someone serve a good ball and dive over the bag...be sure not to trip on it...i know from experience, its painful

and there's always plyometrics...woo hoo, what fun!

🐸

Hey, I just thought I'd let you guys know that i did make my University varsity team this year, and thank you for all your training advice and suggestions. Obviously they helped

:smiley:

I'm the goalie for my school team! Are school is in the city finals! If we win, we are the new city champs! They only scored 3 goals on me all season.

Back