Dismiss Notice
Alien Soup is a free community for fans of science-fiction, horror, & fantasy! Everybody is welcome here.

Soccer

Discussion in 'Open Chat' started by the_alliance, Dec 6, 2002.

1. the_alliance

the_alliance Rocket Ranger

so to my understanding, the Women's World Cup is next summer? cuz i vaguely remember a note-to-self that it was Summer Olympics (Sydney 2000), Winter Olympics (Salt Lake City 2002), Men's World Cup (Japan/South Korea 2002), Women's World Cup (2003), and Summer Olympics (Germany? 2004). plz tell me if im wrong.

2. fatcharlie

fatcharlie Rocket Ranger

I donno...:blink: my dad went to do a news report in Japan!!! He saw the quarter, semi and final!!!!!!

3. the_alliance

cool! i followed the World Cup back home (even if it meant watching the games in Spanish)

4. Azhria Lilu

Azhria Lilu Rocket Ranger

Soccer rocks, although I don't follow it, I just played it for a little while.

5. the_alliance

same here. i dont like playing goalie or defense though. i like forward, but middle field is ok.

6. Codename

Codename Rocket Ranger

goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllll

lol the spanish announcers!

7. the_alliance

yeah, but sometimes, i cheated and went online to check the scores and play ^_^

8. Codename

Codename Rocket Ranger

in what?

9. the_alliance

in the World Cup 2002: Japan/South Korea (or in Espanol, Copias Mundial 2002: Japon/Corea del Sol)

10. Codename

Codename Rocket Ranger

oh I see! didnt understand that at first but now I do!

11. the_alliance

ok, i found out that the Summer Olympic Games 2004 will be in Athens, Greece (August 13-29, 2004) and that the Winter Olympic Games 2006 will be in Torino, Italy (February 10-26, 2006). and now for the World Cup...

12. Codename

Codename Rocket Ranger

Geez The Winter is in a long time! :blink:

13. the_alliance

yeah, it's every 4 years. but if you think about it, i'm sure u can remember back to when it was in Nagano, Japan. if u think about it that way, you'd say to yourself, "4 years isn't really that long"

14. Codename

Codename Rocket Ranger

Yeah... but it looks long! :D

15. Agent_Goodnight

Agent_Goodnight Rocket Ranger

Lol! I like watching the woman's world cup I'm not really into the men's no offence cuz I see them all the time..

lol GoooGoooGooGOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL! oh geez I luv that!

AG

16. AliasBabe12

AliasBabe12 Rocket Ranger

lol :D
    i luv soccer i have been playin it since i was 4, i cna't wait till i play high school!!

17. crazy_superstar

crazy_superstar Cadet

did anybody watch the Australia and england game about 2 weeks ago. It was a fantastic game. Australia won 3:1 and we're ranked like 50th in the world and its the first time EVER that australia has beaten the brits on english soil. My friends and I had a party and it was awesome!

18. Bevinski

Bevinski Rocket Ranger

hey, ive been playing since i was four, too
    the women's team came here to play iceland a couple weeks ago...i got to watch both teams practice (iceland practiced on my high school's field...so i got to watch them during english) it was great

19. AliasBabe12

AliasBabe12 Rocket Ranger

WHOA!! thats soooo cool that they practiced on your high school feild . . . yeah i got to skip school for a day to go see the women's soccer team play it was cool i missed two tests that were hard!!!

20. Bevinski

Bevinski Rocket Ranger

yup, and the that was the second time they came down here to play, so i got to watch them practice then, too, and i got a bunch of autographs